Photo

Disappearing Mod

4 replies to this topic
shocker275
  • shocker275

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 June 2005 - 12:58 AM

I made a island, and it's kinda big. But whenever I go near some of the sides, I fades away. I can still walk on it, it's just the textures dissappear.
It is kinda out in the ocean, would that matter? It is big, but I just want to know what's causing tis until I go split it into sections.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:06 AM

Does it fade out, or does it immeadiately disappear?

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:23 AM

Do just the textures go away or the entire model itself?

If the whole thing dissappears by fading, then it is the draw distance which has been passed. If you make more sections, it shouldn't dissappear smile.gif

Andy80586
  • Andy80586

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 June 2005 - 04:12 AM

Where exactly is it located? Is the island disappearing or is your actual character disappearing?

If your actual character is disappearing suddenly, you have passed either the original west or east game boundary (passing the north and south bounds will cause a crash). If that is the case and you have the american version of the game, I have a patch for it that will solve this. If you have some other version, you can PM me and send me the main executable file and I should be able to make a patch for it.

If the island is disappearing, that could be caused by a number of things, but draw distance is the most likely... so either hacking the draw distance or making a LOD file should fix it.

shocker275
  • shocker275

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 June 2005 - 04:57 AM

I figured it out. It was so big, that when I went near the edge, it was so far away from where the axes met, that it dissappeared. All I had to do was but the middle of the island where the axes met.
Thanks for the help, though. Sorry I didn't explain it good, I was feeling kinda sick.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users