» «
Photo

Perfect Dark: Zero

10 replies to this topic
Lumberg
  • Lumberg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 02:13 AM Edited by Lumberg, 01 June 2005 - 02:16 AM.

Perfect Dark: Zero, where are you?

I haven't heard much about this game since the closing of Rare. Any one heard any thing? It was supposed to be released on Gamecube but it never came. Then I heard Xbox but it diden't come. Now I am hearing XBox 360 will be the console it will release on. Has any one heard any thing more about this then I have because I have become really confused with the stuff about this game.

*EDIT* - I found a website with some rumors, news, and screens of some of the game.

Perfect Dark: Zero

AlianAnt
  • AlianAnt

For those about to rock!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:41 AM

I herd Rare was NOT HAPPY about the MTV showing of the game since its nowere near done. It only ran at around 10-15fps and the grahics that I did see were less than excellent. Hopefully that will change.

Dalpura
  • Dalpura

• Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE (AlianAnt @ Jun 1 2005, 15:41)
I herd Rare was NOT HAPPY about the MTV showing of the game since its nowere near done. It only ran at around 10-15fps and the grahics that I did see were less than excellent. Hopefully that will change.

Of course it will, it happens with all games. Didn't you see the early Half-Life 2 beta? That was f*cking shocking, but look how the game itself came. And I wish I'd of heard something. Got any screens or something from the MTV screening? I've been waiting to hear something decent, or even see something crappy about this game for years. If it does come out, and is one of the release games for X360 as I've heard, that would be the sole reason for me buying an X360. Perfect Dark was f*cking amazing, and the second game could only be better in my opinion.

Venom
  • Venom

Zpider-Man

• Zaibatsu
  • England

Posted 01 June 2005 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (Dalpura @ Jun 1 2005, 11:26)
QUOTE (AlianAnt @ Jun 1 2005, 15:41)

Of course it will, it happens with all games. Didn't you see the early Half-Life 2 beta? That was f*cking shocking, but look how the game itself came. And I wish I'd of heard something. Got any screens or something from the MTV screening? I've been waiting to hear something decent, or even see something crappy about this game for years. If it does come out, and is one of the release games for X360 as I've heard, that would be the sole reason for me buying an X360. Perfect Dark was f*cking amazing, and the second game could only be better in my opinion.

It actually had 'Near Dark' before.
Read the article in OXM, it seems like an awesome game, and the graphics are fantastic!

Lumberg
  • Lumberg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:11 PM

I have seen the graphics and they are awesome. The re-done charecter models look awesome. I haven't seen any levels or weapons yet, is there a official site up for the game?

Knightmare
  • Knightmare

man tongues

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (Lumberg @ Jun 1 2005, 13:11)
I have seen the graphics and they are awesome. The re-done charecter models look awesome. I haven't seen any levels or weapons yet, is there a official site up for the game?

The site in the first post is the official site I think. EGM had a couple-page feature on it and it looked pretty swell.

Bots will be back of course, graphics looked pretty good, too much about multiplayer and not enough on single player, but I guess it's still heavily under wraps.

Dalpura
  • Dalpura

• Members

Posted 02 June 2005 - 07:31 AM

Sorry, but would someone mind showing me some images of these awesome graphics? All I can find it something ugly looking mine screenshots with Link.

Abel Voicu
  • Abel Voicu

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 June 2005 - 11:28 PM

@Dalpura - IGN has a few screenshots that show off the game. They also have a First Impression article describing what they saw. This is (part of) what he said about the graphics:
QUOTE (Perry)
Today, I saw a demo of Perfect Dark Zero running on a Xbox alpha kit (a PC) using an old ATI graphics card, not the final GPU from the Xbox 360, and was told the game was only using about 25% to 30% of the system's full power. And Perfect Dark Zero looked incredible. Incredible. It looked nearly as good as Gears of War, which, in my humble opinion is the best looking 360 game of the show so far (I saw that running in realtime too). So, simply put, Perfect Dark Zero shocked me.

So guessing by those screens I'm not sure that's what he was talking about but they are pretty low-res. Hopefully we'll get some high-res screens and some juicy videos soon smile.gif

Dalpura
  • Dalpura

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 12:29 AM

Hope you don't mind the bump. Cheers for that link by the way Abel. Looks like the official site has launched, and we've actually got some half-decent information now; especially from here. I'm getting all excited about it again. And it looks like there's a leak of ~8 seconds of footage. Mirrored, so you don't have to f*ck around with the stupid Kiziko site to get them.

High Res.
Low Res.

user posted image

CoplandVictim
  • CoplandVictim

Shat.. NER!?

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2005 - 02:46 AM

I'm liking the cover. Rare hasn't let me down (I haven't played Grabbed by the Ghoulies yet), so I trust them to make it good.

immessedup17
  • immessedup17

Crocodile Tears

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2005 - 04:41 AM

Yesterday, Dalp told me about this game on IRC. I'm hyped up about it, we all loved the original. Hours and hours of fun, against friends, or against the bots. I wasn't planning on buying a 360, but I guess I am now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users