Photo

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

37 replies to this topic
shoey920
  • shoey920

Buffalo Sports Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 12:40 AM

anybody dying to play this as much as I am? this is probably gonna be the last game I buy this generation of consoles.

Lumberg
  • Lumberg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 12:59 AM

Its looks very good. I have been disapointed by the quality of the Zelda games latley though. My favorite game so far is Orcarina of Time. I LOVE THAT GAME! inlove.gif That has to be the funnest game I have ever played in my life.

shoey920
  • shoey920

Buffalo Sports Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 01:04 AM

why do people hate Windwaker so much? it's an absolutely amazing game from beginning to end.. I just don't get it. One of the best games I've ever played

Lumberg
  • Lumberg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 01:07 AM

I never said I diden't like it. I like all the Zelda games but in my eyes none of them have compared to Orcarina of Time. That game was amazing even if it was on the N64.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 01:41 AM

Yeah despite the cutesy cel-shaded graphics it was a great game, I am just glad its gone back to the darker Zelda found in the N64 games.

Lumberg
  • Lumberg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 01:45 AM

Does any one know the release date on the new Zelda game? These Zelda games all ways seem to come out of the blue with release dates and announcements it seems like.

DanteR*
  • DanteR*

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 01:47 AM

That game looks awesome also with the fact u get to turn into a werewolf

Lumberg
  • Lumberg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 02:11 AM

Really now? I haven't heard to much about it but that seems interesting. I will have to research some more about it, but does any one know the release date for the game?

Hunter¥
  • Hunter¥

• Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 02:42 AM

I was really interested in this game up to the point where he transformed into a god damn werewolf.

Kutthroat
  • Kutthroat

Abgoosht For Life

• The Precinct

Posted 01 June 2005 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (Hunter¥ @ May 31 2005, 18:42)
I was really interested in this game up to the point where he transformed into a god damn werewolf.

In Majora's Mask you can transform into different things.

It's gonna be rad as hell.

Dublo 7
  • Dublo 7

Trying Your Luck

• Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 03:57 AM

Horse to horse combat = win.

Hunter¥
  • Hunter¥

• Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (Kutthroat @ May 31 2005, 20:45)

I forgot about that. I lose.

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Unkle Dysfunktional

• None

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:28 AM

Link to the past was my personal favourite of all time. I wasn't really won over my the cel shaded Windwaker although the story was very much in the Zelda vein we all know and crave.

Looking forward to the new addition and whoever mentioned the horse to horse combat is spot on.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 06:03 AM

Ah awesome combat on a horse sounds ace, I knew my GC would come in handy one more time lol

Hunter¥
  • Hunter¥

• Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 06:15 AM

Gah. I sold my gamecube because I literally used it like 3 times. I think I'm going to have to wait for the Rev to play this.. It sucks because the Zelda series is probably on my top 5 list. Then again there is no way in hell I'm buying a gamecube for the second time to play this one game and wait for the next-gen consoles to come out. confused.gif

kata
  • kata

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 June 2005 - 12:11 PM

Ocarina of Time & Link to the Past are two Nintendo classics. I'm awaiting Shigeru's latest with great anticipation, the graphics look awesome and we just know that the gameplay is going to be even better.

10/10 to be.

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 01 June 2005 - 02:06 PM

Not even this game could beat OoT. It is tooo much of a Grand Classic to be beaten by some New Generation game.

yngve
  • yngve

Jävla Hårdrock.

• Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (Kutthroat @ Jun 1 2005, 04:45)

I would agree with Hunter¥ here, since, IMHO, the transform-thingy ruined more than it helped in Majoras Mask.

And whats up with that "catlike"-creature, that rides on your back when you are in werewolf-form?

To me it seems like a step in the wrong direction. I hope I'm wrong.

Kutthroat
  • Kutthroat

Abgoosht For Life

• The Precinct

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (yngve @ Jun 1 2005, 08:06)
QUOTE (Kutthroat @ Jun 1 2005, 04:45)

I would agree with Hunter¥ here, since, IMHO, the transform-thingy ruined more than it helped in Majoras Mask.

Well, I thought it was awesome.

mad.gif

Hunter¥
  • Hunter¥

• Members

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:33 AM

It was also the cat thing that jumped on his back after the transformation that seemed stupid, imo. In Majora's mask the masks were awesome. In this one it seems like you might have to play half the game as a wolf. I got the same feeling I got when all of a sudden I wasn't Master Chief anymore. Or in MGS2 when I first played as Raiden.

But hell, it's Zelda. It pretty much automatically awesome no matter what twists pop up.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 02 June 2005 - 08:46 AM

I have 100% faith that this game will rock. My faith in zelda has been tested in the past. Just about every zelda game since ocarina of time has been iffy in the beginning, but once I played it, my doubts were gone. Wolf? Sounds good to me.

yngve
  • yngve

Jävla Hårdrock.

• Members

Posted 02 June 2005 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE (Hunter¥ @ Jun 2 2005, 04:33)
... Or in MGS2 when I first played as Raiden.

But hell, it's Zelda. It pretty much automatically awesome no matter what twists pop up.

That is what I'm seeing. Like MGS2, It was hyped and then when you had played for like 1 hour, there was no more Snake. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, but it was not the game I wanted.

I fear the case may be the same with the Twilight Princess. Most likely it will be great, but I (and probably alot of others) will feel a little disapointed, as we wanted a "all-adult-Link"-game, and have been wanting one, ever since Ocarina of Time.

DidierSucks
  • DidierSucks

Prophet of Trashcat

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 03:34 AM

Ah man, I loved Ocarina of Time more than any game I've ever played for any system. Pretty much everything about that game was perfect. It had an awesome storyline, tons of dungeons, a reasonably managable number of Heart Pieces (36), and generally pwning-ness. Majora's Mask had...what, five dungeons, six for the moon? And 52 Heart Pieces was absolutely fsking insane.

The Wind Waker was a huge dissapointment for me. It's not so much the cell-shaded graphics (although I didn't particularly like those either) but that the game has so few dungeons, so many heart pieces, and so little seriousness. About the only things which impressed me in the game were the size of the world (pretty freaking huge, but mostly nothing, really) and the musical score, although more songs would've been cool. All the bosses sucked, no dungeon had any remotely challenging puzzles. That was a huge one for me. In The Ocarine of Time, I spent probably 5 straight hours right before the entrance to the Boss Room (Bongo Bongo) in the Shadow Temple trying to figure out how the frick I was supposed to get over there. That was a real challenge. Wind Waker had nothing of that sort, just a whole freaking lot of bulk work which was a thousand times more time consuming than thought-requiring. Not to mention no "temple" or "dungeon" in WW took me more than two hours to traverse, counting breaks. The Water Temple in OOT took me a month. I don't even want to think of how unbeleivably long it took me to figure out where the hell the fourth bottle was.

The game had no little quirks, either. I remember the little cliffside hole in the Gerudo Valley which had an arrow of Rupees pointing to a wall. Won't beleive how long I spent dicking around with that thing. Or how hard I tried to beat the bunnyhood running guy to Kokiri forest but then he'd always beat me by one second. The trading game was great, too.

Everything, pretty much, about the Wind Waker irked me. Hell, even the Shops sucked. The two on land were pretty much useless, and you can't count on Beedle to have what you need because each freakin' shop has a different inventory.

You know what, I probably wouldn't care if TTP was all in cell-shaded graphics again. I wouldn't care if the game had terrible N64 style graphics. I just want a big, challenging game.

I understand what you meant about "Oh damn, why the hell does he have to turn into a werewolf". I thought something along those lines too, and I'm still unsure on that. A return to straight-up gameplay, without those weird little features, would make my day. However, I'm hoping that they can make the werewolf thing managable and not some stupid gimmick.

Ocarina of Time - 13/10

Majora's Mask - 5/10

Wind Waker - 2/10

Lumberg
  • Lumberg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 03:42 AM

We can't really knock it till we have tried it. I think it will be good and even if it isen't it will sure be some nice eye candy by what I saw at the E3 wrap up but I am faithful to the series so I will be a fan boy towards it either way, good or bad.

Xyphere
  • Xyphere

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 03:57 AM

I'm really really excited about this game. The only thing that worries me is playing Link as a wolf. I hope it isn't just a dumb gimic, and actually fun >_>

CoplandVictim
  • CoplandVictim

Shat.. NER!?

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2005 - 02:59 AM

The werewolf aspect has me marginally worried.
I don't mind it, I just want to be able to control when I change, it seems that when Link goes into the Twilight Realm , bam, that's it, you're a werewolf until you leave.

I'd like to know how much you play as link, and how much you play as the werewolf.
But Aonuma is a bit quiet about that subject.

Either way, this looks like an amazing game.
And I know this is sacrilege to most Zelda fans, but I like Majora's Mask and Wind Waker more than Ocarina, Ocarina just seemed like a 3D Link to the Past, Aonuma's innovative ideas are what's keeping Zelda alive from 'rehash' status.

yngve
  • yngve

Jävla Hårdrock.

• Members

Posted 04 June 2005 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (CoplandVictim @ Jun 4 2005, 04:59)
Ocarina just seemed like a 3D Link to the Past

...and that's a bad thing? blink.gif

but, yeah, yeah, I know, opinions...

CoplandVictim
  • CoplandVictim

Shat.. NER!?

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2005 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (yngve @ Jun 4 2005, 04:50)
QUOTE (CoplandVictim @ Jun 4 2005, 04:59)
Ocarina just seemed like a 3D Link to the Past

...and that's a bad thing? blink.gif

but, yeah, yeah, I know, opinions...

It's not a bad thing perse, but I still liked the others better. Though Majora's Mask's three day thing was frustrating, I think that made it even better.

yngve
  • yngve

Jävla Hårdrock.

• Members

Posted 04 June 2005 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (CoplandVictim @ Jun 4 2005, 16:23)
Though Majora's Mask's three day thing was frustrating, I think that made it even better.

I did'nt find that very frustrating at all, since if you just played the inverted Song of Time, time would slow down and it would'nt be a problem anymore.

The main reason that I dislike Majoras Mask is, and this may sound silly, it's save-system. To be forced to go back in time or save at those owl statues = bad. That's what's frustrating to me. The savesystem in OoT and WW works alot better in my opinion.

Dublo 7
  • Dublo 7

Trying Your Luck

• Members

Posted 04 June 2005 - 03:35 PM

The only real thing I disliked about Wind Waker was all the f*cking sailing you had to do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users