Before you post your request topic, read the Rules and Guidelines. Make sure you look over and use the given Graphics Request Format when posting your request topic. Otherwise, your topic will just be locked.
[TUT] Abstract Signature
Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:41 PM
This Tutorial will teach you how to create an abstract signature, similar to what is shown below:
1. Firstly, open up a new document, 500x150. You can always crop it down.
Press D to reset you colour palette
2. Next select the gradient tool, with the Foreground to Background gradient. Set the Opacity to 90% and set the mode to Difference. The options are shown below.
3. Now just add a few different gradients over the top of each other, (don't try and be too neat about it, it'll get the same effect), until it looks something like this:
4. Next duplicate the layer, and the select Filter > Distort > Wave. Keep the default settings, but hit randomize.
5. Once you're happy with it, click OK, and the select Blending Options, and change the blending mode to lighten:
6. Repeat step 4 and 5 one more time, and once you are hapy with it, press Ctrl+E to merge the layers.
7. Next, select Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Hue/Saturation, and choose the colour you wish to use.
My signature uses Hue: 240, Saturation: 50 and Lightness: +20
8. Finally, you can crop your image, add a boarder, and name. You now have your Abstract Signature.
Posted 31 May 2005 - 08:17 PM
Posted 31 May 2005 - 08:24 PM
I tried it, but i think you get a nicer effect if you go wild at step 3, i.e. overdoing it:
Also, when you're "done" with the image, make another copy and change the blending mode on that layer to "multiply". Looks pretty good.
Anyway, nice tutorial.
ehe, looks 10 times better inverted...
Edited by yngve, 31 May 2005 - 08:45 PM.
Posted 31 May 2005 - 09:10 PM
Posted 04 June 2005 - 03:27 AM
[EDIT]I forgot to post the image.
This is what I got:
I did it again:
Edited by Demarn, 05 June 2005 - 07:54 PM.
Posted 04 June 2005 - 03:15 PM
this colour type thingy. (not actual pshop fropm shade, just something that I found on GIS wor comparison). -now shuddup foo'
Posted 05 June 2005 - 11:53 AM
@ Parry - what's that pixel font in your try?
Posted 05 June 2005 - 07:40 PM
Posted 06 June 2005 - 08:23 PM
Og_loc, lours looks like pcj's with a few filters on top with added text.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users