Photo

Dir File

2 replies to this topic
Neo-K 182
  • Neo-K 182

La Famiglia Di Corleone

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 May 2005 - 02:43 PM

a few weeks ago my desktop had a major crash but i was able to get the computer back enough to copy files over to my new laptop. as for GTA, i coped just the files i thought i would of needed, the handling/default/carcol file, along with the gta3.img and vehicle.col file.

skip forward a couple weeks, desktop is all back and good, laptop had to be sent back cause of a problem with it, but all the files are back on my computer, i go to put them in the VC directory and when i load up the game it dosn't work.

then i realized that i didn't copy over the gta3.dir file. honestly, i have pretty much every car replaced in the game and i really dont feel like going through all that work again so is there a way to create a dir file from just a gta3.img file? i've tried using differeing IMG editors but they wont even open the file unless theres a dir file with it.

i know that theres probably some dumb way to get this to work, but i cant figure it out. blush.gif

Squiddy
  • Squiddy

Back!

• The Connection

Posted 30 May 2005 - 02:58 PM

The data is stored inside img in blocks, one after the other, so you have to look for the different file headers (dff, txd, ifp) to decide where a file starts and ends. But there is no tool avaiable that does this I think.

Neo-K 182
  • Neo-K 182

La Famiglia Di Corleone

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 June 2005 - 01:49 PM

alright, cause like i said, i really need something to just create the dir file. cause honestly i really dont feel like putting all those cars in again ya know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users