Two Ideas

6 replies to this topic
D Jones
  • D Jones

smoked out

• Members

Posted 30 May 2005 - 06:28 AM

Alright the first one is.

A "I'm going to be away" topic. Make it in the General Chat, and let people post in the topic that they will be away for awhile. Might help people out if they think someone is gone or not.

This one may sound a bit werid but here is goes.
Contracts for being in a gang?
It would interesting to see how it works, you can't involve money it but I'm sure you could think of something else. But this would be very cool to have a contract to be with a certain gang, might not sound gangish (or "gangsta"). But I'm sure it would help for people to stop gang hoping.

Chalkstar
  • Chalkstar

QvsQ lab monkey

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 May 2005 - 08:46 AM

Many already do the first in various gang topic if they know they will be away.

No to the 2nd one. Just no.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 30 May 2005 - 09:02 AM

The first suggestion is not necessary, if people are so bothered that they are going to be away they can make a post in their gang chat providing they are in a gang or just throw a couple of Pm's peopel's ways. There are too many pinned topics in Gen Chat as it is, and as a single un-pinned topic it would die. Pretty pointless imo.

Suggestion number two would just bring about problems, people leave gangs simply because they are bored of them or want to look for something new. Other's leave gags because they may have fallen out or something, it's upto gang recruiters to not recruit gang hoppers rather than keep them in gangs where they may not be welcome.

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci
  • Unknown
  • Sourest Member

Posted 30 May 2005 - 09:23 AM

You either stick with a gang or you don't, but a contract seems kind of silly. (No offense.) I don't think that forcing someone to stay in a gang that they don't like anymore, or forcing a gang to keep a member that they no longer want, would be beneficial to either of them. It might cut down on gang hopping, but most decent gangs ask about the circumstances behind your leaving previous gangs anyway. The desicion of whether they consider that member untrustworthy, or consider the reason for leaving acceptable is up to them.

As for the first one, if you don't have a gang chat to post in telling that you will be away, and you don't feel like sending out PM's, you could always alter your sig/avatar/member title, in a way that signifies that you are gone.

Like changing your member title to "Be back on 00/00/0000" or putting a much longer explanation in your sig.

D Jones
  • D Jones

smoked out

• Members

Posted 30 May 2005 - 09:28 AM

Hmm, very well said.

After re-thinking the gang "contracts" it is a bit silly, and would probably cause havok. Ahh, it was a boring night and thought I would just add a few things to the list.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 30 May 2005 - 09:30 AM

dumb.. and dumb.

*gta star*
  • *gta star*

Z Man - Veteran Z member

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2005 - 11:25 AM

Personally none of the ideas are good imo, they wouldn't work, infact they would cause problems on the forum. Thanks for sharing the suggestions though, even if they didn't work out. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users