Photo

Gameplay?

22 replies to this topic
f34r
  • f34r

SA-MP Fan

• Members

Posted 29 May 2005 - 04:03 PM

I was just wondering has there been any sort of decision yet as to what type of gameplay you have decided to cater for for this Multiplayer Mod as I am intruged to know what sort of gameplay you guys are heading for. This mod has ALOT of potential and was wondering has there been any sort of "locked down" so to speak specific type of gameplay you are heading for with this modification?

P.S. Good job on the latest media team this mod is looking more and more impressive everytime there is an update! Have a cookie! cookie.gif

njr1489
  • njr1489

MP5

• Members

Posted 29 May 2005 - 04:15 PM

Well there was a poll on what type it should be. A deathmatch type, or an MMO type. I don't think there is a final decision though.

NTK
  • NTK

I bet i die more then you!

• Members

Posted 29 May 2005 - 08:28 PM

Something else about gameplay what about parachutes? And will we be able to get an AT-400 and put 30 people in it go high and have a sky diving party(those are fun biggrin.gif )?

f34r
  • f34r

SA-MP Fan

• Members

Posted 29 May 2005 - 10:14 PM

LOL now that would be fun! Guess we just have to wait until the release of SA for PC! tounge.gif

xj39eldiablo
  • xj39eldiablo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:47 AM

i would like a mod where 2 players can play the entire game . or a kind of mission selection . could you synk peds ? in order for the 2 players to have a good experience in the game ? and for this u could forget about the bandwith considering that those 2 players were on a LAN .

f34r
  • f34r

SA-MP Fan

• Members

Posted 30 May 2005 - 11:05 AM

Hmmmm. I think it would be quite easy to synchronise the pedestrians that were absolutely NEEDED for the mission to be completed successfully. Pedestrians could also be implemented by not having the synchronised so that when another person sees pedestrians they will not be identical to what anohter person sees them doing. If you get what I mean?

njr1489
  • njr1489

MP5

• Members

Posted 30 May 2005 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (xj39eldiablo @ May 30 2005, 10:47)
i would like a mod where 2 players can play the entire game . or a kind of mission selection . could you synk peds ? in order for the 2 players to have a good experience in the game ? and for this u could forget about the bandwith considering that those 2 players were on a LAN .

That would be nice. I would recommend it for the SA-MP team after their releases.

NTK
  • NTK

I bet i die more then you!

• Members

Posted 30 May 2005 - 01:25 PM

Hehehhe someone should then tape the AT-400 homies gig as a release party and vid. Also know some more fun thing like loading up a bus with nitro and jump over the big canyon jump at the desert

Madd Tagg
  • Madd Tagg

MT, GTA Mod helper

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 May 2005 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (NTK @ May 30 2005, 13:25)
Hehehhe someone should then tape the AT-400 homies gig as a release party and vid. Also know some more fun thing like loading up a bus with nitro and jump over the big canyon jump at the desert

lol hahahaha! thats funny
@xj39eldiablo, i think so to, it'll be funny if that happens

RCagent
  • RCagent

Trick

• Members

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:27 AM

One word.. Airshows.

No, but I think you should have different modes.

A MMO Version: It can either be the entire state or just a city...(or maybe if you go into a specific area, you change servers automatically. Like going to Los Santos to Las Venturas through the train tracks you automatically change servers.

Deathmatch Version: Choose a location (primarily indoor locations) and fight to the death. Grove St. , Mount Chilidad, Richmond Country Club, Cluckin Bell you name it.

Capture The Flag: Countryside, OWNAGE CAPTURE TEH FLAG ARENA!?!?101)1

Airfight: Hyrdas, Dogfights....FUN

Gang Wars: Choose a gang, take over gang territories. Gang with the most territories after a time limit wins. (This one sounds the most fun)

njr1489
  • njr1489

MP5

• Members

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:40 AM

A MMO Version: It can either be the entire state or just a city...(or maybe if you go into a specific area, you change servers automatically.  Like going to Los Santos to Las Venturas through the train tracks you automatically change servers.

This should be in, but one island for each.

Deathmatch Version: Choose a location (primarily indoor locations) and fight to the death.  Grove St. , Mount Chilidad, Richmond Country Club, Cluckin Bell you name it.

I think it should be a completely different gamemode too, in a separate server. I think it should be sectioned off by parts of the city. Every 30 minutes, the location would change.
Ex: Ganton is one map, and in the next 30 minutes idle wood is the next place to spawn at.

Gang Wars: Choose a gang, take over gang territories.  Gang with the most territories after a time limit wins.  (This one sounds the most fun)

Exactly what I was thinking. Time limit turfwars. It should be exactly how the sp style is run, but with people acting it out. Once the territory is taken over, the winners will have to drive there and the losers will spawn there.

Drizz
  • Drizz

Satan.

• Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 03:09 AM

I dont think you should let the game just be deathmatch, because in my opinion deathmatches are a stupid waste of time. We have MTA for it.
You, Sa-MP team, should make this mod different from what we have now in MTA.
I think you should make something rpg-ish, in single player gameplay type, where the players can decide themselves the scenario they will be playing (drug dealings, police chases, gang wars) because San Andreas is almost perfect for it.
So yea, thats it.

P.S. also syncronised drive by's will be appreciated!! cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

f34r
  • f34r

SA-MP Fan

• Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (Drizz @ Jun 1 2005, 03:09)
I dont think you should let the game just be deathmatch, because in my opinion deathmatches are a stupid waste of time. We have MTA for it.
You, Sa-MP team, should make this mod different from what we have now in MTA.
I think you should make something rpg-ish, in single player gameplay type, where the players can decide themselves the scenario they will be playing (drug dealings, police chases, gang wars) because San Andreas is almost perfect for it.
So yea, thats it.

P.S. also syncronised drive by's will be appreciated!! cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

This is exactly how i feel now. We need a change from deathmatch we need something "new to keep us occupied as i'm sure MM Ogameplay would certainly bring differnt aspects fot he game to life!

Drizz
  • Drizz

Satan.

• Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 03:52 PM

Yea DM was pretty gay in my opinion... confused.gif

sublimnial
  • sublimnial

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:48 AM

I was just think that DM would just be horrible! Thats why i rarely play MTA, But how the hell would an MMO work? Would't just turn into a deathmach? What would the objectives be? I think some one else said that you chose a style "Cop, Drug Dealer, Gangster ect" If that was the case then there should be reprecutions if a certain "Class" dose something they should't like if a cop kills for no reason, They get a health penlty if the have repeat offenses they get booted or something? I really hope im not dreaming a dead dream PLEASE SA_MP team this would be they way to go...but ive seen the screens and im pretty sure they went death mach cryani.gif

kyeman
  • kyeman

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 June 2005 - 03:20 AM

We've been experimenting with some 2 team/gangwar style gameplay and it's quite fun. The real problem with MMO might come down to stability.

Everyone should remember that we do make this mod without access to the game's source code, which means alot of stuff is written purely by trial and error. I have a long background experimenting with Vice, and this is the reason I've been able to make such fast progress with our Vice testing version.

I'd much rather have a version that was stable and had a smaller player limit rather than something that could support 100 players per server but had a tendency to crash now and again.

If we release a multiplayer mod with hardly any crashes this would already be different from MTA would it not?

sublimnial
  • sublimnial

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 June 2005 - 03:30 AM

What sevral diffrent game types will this be avialble like a Cops and Robbers type thing or classes? It wouldn't nessicarly be an mmo with less people in a much smaller area would this be hard to code? I hope not confused.gif Also

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:01 PM

Is it possible to have the entire state of san andreas as a MMO, so theres about 200 people in the server (or more) living out there lives and doing what ever they want. That would be great, id hunt people down and kill them with the dildo.

Drizz
  • Drizz

Satan.

• Members

Posted 06 June 2005 - 04:27 PM

yea dont make lots of little servers, cuz ppl really play like only on 7 or 8 of them.
Make some big servers (not 200 ppl though) instead of littles.
Instead of having 100 servers for 15 person, have 3 servers for 100 person...

noVa
  • noVa

Avast Ye Mateys

• Members

Posted 06 June 2005 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (Drizz @ Jun 6 2005, 16:27)
yea dont make lots of little servers, cuz ppl really play like only on 7 or 8 of them.
Make some big servers (not 200 ppl though) instead of littles.
Instead of having 100 servers for 15 person, have 3 servers for 100 person...

unless the SA-MP team are going to pay for the servers that wont happen..

u really dont get how it works with multiplayer games do u? lol

Ratt
  • Ratt

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 June 2005 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (noVa @ Jun 6 2005, 17:32)
unless the SA-MP team are going to pay for the servers that wont happen..

u really dont get how it works with multiplayer games do u? lol

lol i was about to say the same thing. if the server will be able to be downloaded, anybody would be able to host and rent one so they're be hundreds of servers anyway. its not eh makers of the game that host the servers

f34r
  • f34r

SA-MP Fan

• Members

Posted 06 June 2005 - 06:47 PM

Ever heard of sponsorship? Also the SA-MP team have stated that they will have MMO servers IF they decide to go toward that specific type of gameplay...

noVa
  • noVa

Avast Ye Mateys

• Members

Posted 06 June 2005 - 08:50 PM

well if they want clan support they will have to release the server files anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users