» «
Photo

Taking Screenshots In Game

10 replies to this topic
Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 29 May 2005 - 08:23 AM Edited by Gangsta Killa, 25 April 2009 - 11:10 PM.

Taking Screenshots In Game Using Fraps 1.9
By Gangsta Killa

About

First off, many people may know about this already, but some people don�t and have
requested how to take screenshots, so here it is.

Tools Required

Fraps 1.9 � http://www.shadowsre...ed/FRAPS19D.EXE

Installing Fraps

First off start downloading Fraps from the internet. When its downloaded run the
installer.

user posted image

Choose all the basic options.

user posted image

All done! Now on to configuring Fraps.

Configuring and Taking Screenshots In Fraps

We�re not going to change much in Fraps, only the key to take a screenshot.

user posted image

Ensure that "Enable Screen Capture � Hotkey" is ticked and click in the box if there is
non set, and set it to a key of your choosing. I choose F9. All done. So now lets run the
game and take a screenshot.

By default Fraps displays a FPS (Frames Per Second) counter in the top left corner of
the screen.

user posted image

To take a screenshot in game, press the key that you set to capture screenshots. If you
chose the default settings during installation, then the Fraps folder is in C:/FRAPS All
screenshots taken will be saved there. They will be given a file name like this.

GameName Date Time

So my screenshot I took of gta3, will be.

gta3 2005-05-29 08-57-16-56.bmp

And there we go, taking screenshots with Fraps! Simple? Should have been.

YeTi
  • YeTi

S'up Bitches?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 May 2005 - 08:41 AM

Nice tut it will help alot of people fraps is a good program i use it alot.

fuckindumass
  • fuckindumass

Pissing the night away

• Members

Posted 02 June 2005 - 04:24 AM

Everybody raves about Fraps, but I can't run it while playing games.....I can set all options on max with all my games and they run fine...one exception, with VC if I set resolution over 1024x768 it's like looking through a hole...maybe I have to change the desktop setting...I dunno...anyway, no matter what I set things to (all options low or off), running fraps lags my pc, less than 10fps is the result with VC, Hitman, Postal2, any game I have.
Asus K8VSE Deluxe. AMD64 3000+, 3g Kingston PC3200, ATI All in Wonder 9600....any idea if I can get Fraps working w/o slowing things down?

GTA_Gangsta'
  • GTA_Gangsta'

Gangsta 4 Life

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2005 - 01:58 PM

you know there is a 100x easier way to do this...press Prt Scrn/Sys Rq above Insert then paste it into paint or w/e then save rolleyes.gif

Augh
  • Augh

Unspoiled by progress

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:52 PM Edited by Augh, 07 June 2005 - 02:24 PM.

You tab out of your game every 3 seconds when trying to cap something specific then, so you can hand over your screen to painto magic and return to get another, one at a time?

You should have tried Fraps. It's much easier. If you google or use search there is probably even a tutorial for it! smile.gif

Edit; YeTi - Please look up your choice of "satire" or maybe "belligerent". And remember to have a nice day now biggrin.gif

YeTi
  • YeTi

S'up Bitches?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (Augh @ Jun 7 2005, 14:52)
You should have tried Fraps. It's much easier. If you google or use search there is probably even a tutorial for it! smile.gif

This is a tutorial on how to use fraps sarcasm.gif .

redlad
  • redlad

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:57 PM

I just use screen grab. Works perfect

alayanrole
  • alayanrole

X-Force Rulez

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:20 AM

this make lags ! any programs?

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE (alayanrole @ May 31 2011, 00:20)
this make lags ! any programs?

DUDE! 5 YEARS BUMP. Come on...

One way is using build-in feature in Windows, Print screen, but you need to tab out to paint, paste picture there and save it. Or then use some other progra which directly saves the picture.

And it's not even bad lagg, like FPS drops by 10 for half a second...

ariel61
  • ariel61

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:33 AM

Personally, I just use some screen recorder to help me record screenshot. It can take everything on your screen as screenshot, you can take it also when you were watch a movie on computer. And it will help you save it to JEPG format.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:13 AM Edited by spaceeinstein, 15 September 2011 - 01:19 AM.

JPEG? That's terrible. PNG should be the minimum. I use IrfanView to capture screenshots. It's a multi-purpose program that does other things, too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users