Photo

BAIT!

6 replies to this topic
MartyVice30
  • MartyVice30

Made Man

• Members

Posted 27 May 2005 - 05:52 PM

im on the mission called bait for asuka where u have to lure 3 columbian cartel cars to a yakuza deathtrap. my problem is that i speed into the trap and hide but when they come in the trap they come in the entrance and then immediatly turn around and speed off before the yakuza can even get a shot off. they dont come in far enough for the yazuza to even shoot at them. PLZ help.

GTA_goD_01
  • GTA_goD_01

Uber_Driver

• Members

Posted 27 May 2005 - 06:00 PM Edited by GTA_goD_01, 27 May 2005 - 06:02 PM.

fine i'll reply within this thread.. you have to go in slowly, with the cartel following quite close behind, otherwise they will do what you have mentioned: turn around and leave.. you lure them in.. if you're too far away they can't smell you so there's no scent to follow... tounge.gif . just don't let them be too far behind you once you enter the area. go slow and get out and kill them before they kill you!!
now would that have been so hard to figure out for yourself? you say "my problem is that i speed into the trap and hide but when they come in the trap they come in the entrance and then immediatly turn around and speed off " - so try doing it slower, not speeding, not hiding, the AI isn't that clever tounge.gif .
hope this helps.

EnglishChocolate
  • EnglishChocolate

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 May 2005 - 01:05 PM

I will repeat somethings that has already been said. For this mission speed isn't always the best thing you need to make sure each are following you so go at a steady space. Know the roads so you knoe exactly where u are going. The first car that i past (the one near the road near the airpot) i normally wiz pass them keep on the same road cos it wi ll take u to where u need to be, but i go at a steady pace a make sure to use the map to see where they are. Use the map as it can help a lot for this missions as it will show how close they are and so can go slowly but still not get rammed into. Then when u go in they will follow u and they will stop and get out and fight with the yakuza men. Also remember your not timed in this mission so if ur car gets banged up u can always steal a new one befoe going to lure each car (if needed) so there wont be any problems with it blowing up.

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 28 May 2005 - 05:20 PM

To make sure that less of your fellow Yakuza die when the Cartel arrives at the spot, get out of your car and assist in the killing. You should probably use an M16 and direct all fire at the car, so that right when the Cartel step out of their Sentinel, they would not have gotten far by the time you make it explode, thus killing all four.

Using this strategy will help you excel in this mission.

Bartleby
  • Bartleby

Not Bob Marley

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 May 2005 - 01:33 AM

Do one cartel car at a time. As you lure the car into the trap, make sure the back end of your car is sticking out on the sidewalk to make sure he sees you. Then gun it inside the enclosure, and drive straight off the ramp ahead. The Yakuza should pick the Cartel car off. Repeat twice more and you should complete the mission.

That's my strategy for 'Bait'.

GTA_goD_01
  • GTA_goD_01

Uber_Driver

• Members

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:37 AM Edited by GTA_goD_01, 29 May 2005 - 09:40 AM.

QUOTE (Bartleby @ May 29 2005, 01:33)
Do one cartel car at a time. As you lure the car into the trap, make sure the back end of your car is sticking out on the sidewalk to make sure he sees you. Then gun it inside the enclosure, and drive straight off the ramp ahead. The Yakuza should pick the Cartel car off. Repeat twice more and you should complete the mission.

That's my strategy for 'Bait'.

hmm might be your strategy but i can't see it working for me confused.gif .
the cartel is AI.. they can't 'see' you, they just know where you are and are probably set up to flee when you're deep inside the trap and they know they don't stand a chance of killing you once they get out and prefer to follow you in close behind so, although they risk their lives they'll probably get you before they die (risk their lives to get the job done) otherwise their death would have been pointless. that my theory, but moving on.. 'gunning it' into the trap will therefore probably make them flee because they weren't following close behind you, and going off the ramp means that you will either have to go back and lure them in again: <slowly>, or the cartel might even kill most of the yakuza gang members if the yakuza don't have you there helping them.
hm. i think i'll try it.

Bartleby
  • Bartleby

Not Bob Marley

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 May 2005 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (GTA_goD_01 @ May 29 2005, 02:37)
hmm might be your strategy but i can't see it working for me confused.gif .
the cartel is AI.. they can't 'see' you, they just know where you are and are probably set up to flee when you're deep inside the trap and they know they don't stand a chance of killing you once they get out and prefer to follow you in close behind so, although they risk their lives they'll probably get you before they die (risk their lives to get the job done) otherwise their death would have been pointless. that my theory, but moving on.. 'gunning it' into the trap will therefore probably make them flee because they weren't following close behind you, and going off the ramp means that you will either have to go back and lure them in again: <slowly>, or the cartel might even kill most of the yakuza gang members if the yakuza don't have you there helping them.
hm. i think i'll try it.

Waiting with part of your car on the sidewalk is to make sure the Cartel know you're there. When I haven't done that, I've lost them. It's for assurance.

Going off the ramp is just a quick, easy, and stylish way to escape and let the Yakuza handle the cars every time you lure them in. I've never had problems with the Cartel killing all the Yakuza before. This way, you don't have to get out and help and face the possibility of dying if the Cartel kill you before the Yakuza do them.

Although I'm not perfect and have failed this mission before, it's been because of silly mistakes I have made. If done correctly, this strategy works; at least for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users