» «
Photo

Call of Duty 2

33 replies to this topic
vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:44 AM Edited by vALKYRô, 29 May 2005 - 07:14 PM.

Recently, with the E3, a lot of information, screenshots and video's have been released for the new upcoming game for PC and Xbox360, Call of Duty 2

This sequel of the quake 3 engine based best seller Call of Duty has a complete, new, in-house build Engine. It has stunning graphics, looks great and is playable on every "decent" computer because they did not made a Physics Engine. Nevertheless, it's a great game, as you can see from the screens and information ... and a full 13 Minute Video of the American Campaign Singleplayer Mission and Point du Hoc which can be downloaded here.

Have fun with that one.

The video shows the new graphics, the new gameplay (which is unbelievably "active" (explosions, screams, gunfire everywhere) and for example the new addition of air-strikes in the Singleplayer Campaigns (until now, this feature was only in the Multiplayer Version of United Offensive) The explosions caused by this airstrike are absolutly breath-taking wow.gif

A few screens then:

Click here

... here

and here.

Other Links

Gamespot Page

Official Website

Discuss.

(Disclaimer: Intro written by me. Questions? Ask me. Information on the previous CoD Games? Ask me.)

NEW Xbox360 Video from Amped.Esports : Click here.

Macintire Sniper
  • Macintire Sniper

irRashonel

• Members

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:22 PM Edited by Macintire Sniper, 26 May 2005 - 12:53 PM.

Sechz. Good topic. I'm downloading the video now but by the looks of those 3 screens they've bettered the graphics by a long shot. Imo the gameplay in COD is the best i've seen in an online WW2 game. I only recently found and installed my original COD disk so im having a helluva time playing it all again...oh how i miss the thompson spraying noobs.

rolleyes.gif

EDIT - w00T, i can see they finally updated the website. inlove.gif

Holy jesus christ that video is amazing. The sound is by far the most realistic audio i've ever heard in a game. Thier is one or 2 things i noticed though, they seem to have changed the gun effects 'cos every time the character fired the Thompson it left a huge smoke trail infront of the gun, just looked a bit..crappy, probably for the realism factor, but then again i dunno if real thompsons did actually make so much smoke. Another thing is the characters seem to run a lot more lankier, they remind of fatter MOHAA characters. But f*ck it, i want teh game. inlove.gif

RoAcHcliP
  • RoAcHcliP

bong system

• Members

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:42 PM

Im gonna have a feckin heart attack when i play that, looks damn intense monocle.gif

Smashdamit
  • Smashdamit

Village Elder

• Members

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:27 AM

I am not buying a 360 for this..or anything else for that matter.I gave up on PC gaming a couple years ago.

Guess I'll be "stuck" with The Big Red One...not exactly punishment.

(yber])ragon10]{
  • (yber])ragon10]{

On a 187

• Members

Posted 27 May 2005 - 04:15 AM

Oh man that sounds so great I want one so bad. I am getting a 360 for this and the new perfect dark. Perfect Dark for N64 was so awesome. Too bad 360 isnt backwards compatible.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:23 AM

Thank god, they gave up on the point du hoc levels (AKA two big towering bunkers on other Omaha beach levels). The truth is, much of omaha beach was about ten meters of beach or less, and then tall cliffs.

TommyAngelo
  • TommyAngelo

figure

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 May 2005 - 10:22 AM Edited by TommyAngelo, 27 May 2005 - 10:24 AM.

Yeah the graphics are looking really sweet and they are looking to overtake the likes of doom 3, far cry and Half-Life 2 but.........Why the hell is it not on the PS3?

BroDan
  • BroDan

Jesus Saves!

• Zaibatsu

Posted 27 May 2005 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (TommyAngelo @ May 27 2005, 10:22)
Yeah the graphics are looking really sweet and they are looking to overtake the likes of doom 3, far cry and Half-Life 2 but.........Why the hell is it not on the PS3?

Because right now they don't want to? Ps3 is out after X-box 360 so they might wait and port it at a later date.

I loved the video, hopefully we can get a high res official one soon biggrin.gif

Macintire Sniper
  • Macintire Sniper

irRashonel

• Members

Posted 27 May 2005 - 10:48 AM

Pfftt..Console boys. tounge.gif I'l be using a PC to play this puppy.

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 May 2005 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (BroDan @ May 27 2005, 12:28)

Because right now they don't want to? Ps3 is out after X-box 360 so they might wait and port it at a later date.

I loved the video, hopefully we can get a high res official one soon biggrin.gif

There are 1 or 2 if I recall correctly high quality trailers but they are cinema style with elite quotes like "in war, no one fights alone" and crap like that.

Maybe IW releases another video like this (taken from direct gameplay)

It looks quite good. The Call of Duty Franchise is going quite strong, UO is still receiving total conversions and mods every week and they're quite good, I played quite a few ... meh, I'll bump the Call of Duty Topic again, soon wink.gif

beanmachine43
  • beanmachine43

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:19 PM

Holy sh*t... wow.gif

I'm definitely getting this bitch on my PC. The graphics look completely awesome. That landing scene was really stunning.

F-s-X
  • F-s-X

Kaikei, Chi Shingi Meiyo

• Members

Posted 27 May 2005 - 08:41 PM

Yeah this is looking good!

Really good graphics. Looks worth buying

F-s-X

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2005 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (vALKYRô @ May 27 2005, 05:18)

There are 1 or 2 if I recall correctly high quality trailers but they are cinema style with elite quotes like "in war, no one fights alone" and crap like that.

It looks quite good. The Call of Duty Franchise is going quite strong, UO is still receiving total conversions and mods every week and they're quite good, I played quite a few ... meh, I'll bump the Call of Duty Topic again, soon wink.gif

Yeah, I play UO almost everyday, and it gets better all the time. I'm just happy people are starting to stop playing TDM and starting to play DOM, BAS, and CTF.

TommyAngelo
  • TommyAngelo

figure

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 28 May 2005 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (Macintire Sniper @ May 27 2005, 10:48)
Pfftt..Console boys. tounge.gif I'l be using a PC to play this puppy.

Hey i'd get it for PC but i'll have to upgrade but really i'd rather get it for ps3.

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 28 May 2005 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ May 28 2005, 01:50)
QUOTE (vALKYRô @ May 27 2005, 05:18)

Yeah, I play UO almost everyday, and it gets better all the time. I'm just happy people are starting to stop playing TDM and starting to play DOM, BAS, and CTF.

I also play UO a lot and it's a good thing that 1) The Thompson/PPSH Sprayers are somewhat gone 2) No cheaters what so ever 3) as you said, that more games are moving to S&D and the other gametypes, unlike the headless chicken DM and TDM.

But yeh, CoD 2 seems to be a very good game for now and I hope the Multiplayer gets as good as the previous CoD Multiplayers. If I see/hear/read any new information I shall post it here. If you see/hear/read information, feel free to post it here, too.

Dublo 7
  • Dublo 7

Trying Your Luck

• Members

Posted 28 May 2005 - 09:01 AM

Damn right I'll answer the call. This game is going to rule.

Hamburger
  • Hamburger

Yes It's me

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2005 - 06:54 AM

I can't see the video, it's just black with sound, can someone link me to the codecs I need?

Hooded
  • Hooded

Art Of Illusion

• Members

Posted 29 May 2005 - 07:43 AM Edited by Hooded, 29 May 2005 - 07:53 AM.

Holy hell the graphics are awesome.

And why the hell would anyone play a FPS on a console?

Bartleby
  • Bartleby

Not Bob Marley

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 May 2005 - 08:01 AM

Every year, the graphics of games get better and better. Everything looked amazing in this, it was all so thoroughly detailed. Your fellow soldiers, the explosions, the landscape. Awesome job in that regard.

Glad to see familiar weapons as well (M1 Garand, Thompson, BAR, Kar98k). It seems you'll be able to use binoculars this time around, but I'd much rather use the scope of a sniper rifle instead (unless the binocs provide an advantage a scope does not?).

I'll keep my fingers crossed on this hitting the PC, and if my PC will even be able to handle it.

Hooded
  • Hooded

Art Of Illusion

• Members

Posted 29 May 2005 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE (Hamburger @ May 29 2005, 06:54)
I can't see the video, it's just black with sound, can someone link me to the codecs I need?

http://www.divxmovies.com/codec/

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:31 AM Edited by vALKYRô, 29 May 2005 - 03:29 PM.

QUOTE (Bartleby @ May 29 2005, 10:01)
Every year, the graphics of games get better and better. Everything looked amazing in this, it was all so thoroughly detailed. Your fellow soldiers, the explosions, the landscape. Awesome job in that regard.

Glad to see familiar weapons as well (M1 Garand, Thompson, BAR, Kar98k). It seems you'll be able to use binoculars this time around, but I'd much rather use the scope of a sniper rifle instead (unless the binocs provide an advantage a scope does not?).

I'll keep my fingers crossed on this hitting the PC, and if my PC will even be able to handle it.

I only use the binoculars for air-strikes. For the rest, I just use the sniper (if I have one though!) 'cause everytime I see something alive with the binoculars, I have to change to a weapon and find the guy again; with the sniper it's a left mouse click and presto! He's done for.

EDIT: Looky, a new XBox 360 Video:

Click here.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2005 - 07:13 AM

You mean you've never cracked some skulls with the binocs?

That's the best part about them. I bet you've never even killed someone with a smoke grenade neither.

Macintire Sniper
  • Macintire Sniper

irRashonel

• Members

Posted 30 May 2005 - 03:44 PM

I'm just happy people are starting to stop playing TDM and starting to play DOM, BAS, and CTF.

Bah, i hate S&D, so boring. I mainly play TDM but thats only because i played COD when it first came out, joined a clan an' all that then lost the game...so TDM was a good and quick way to get used to the game again.

I also play UO a lot and it's a good thing that 1) The Thompson/PPSH Sprayers are somewhat gone

Holy sh*t. There is a god! wow.gif I still get sprayed to death by these noobs on stalingrad. I really need to get UO. whatsthat.gif

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (Macintire Sniper @ May 30 2005, 17:44)
I'm just happy people are starting to stop playing TDM and starting to play DOM, BAS, and CTF.

Bah, i hate S&D, so boring. I mainly play TDM but thats only because i played COD when it first came out, joined a clan an' all that then lost the game...so TDM was a good and quick way to get used to the game again.

I also play UO a lot and it's a good thing that 1) The Thompson/PPSH Sprayers are somewhat gone

Holy sh*t. There is a god! wow.gif I still get sprayed to death by these noobs on stalingrad. I really need to get UO. whatsthat.gif

It looks quite good now with gameplay in UO also. It looks like all the 12yr old kids ran off to Halo or some other sh*tty game tounge.gif

Macintire Sniper
  • Macintire Sniper

irRashonel

• Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 12:27 AM

Is UO actually worth buying? From what i can gather and from previous expansion packs i've bought for other games like BF1942..all it adds is new weapons and maps..but i know UO added some sweet nifty features as well as that 100% deployable piece of sechz on a tripod.

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 01 June 2005 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (Macintire Sniper @ Jun 1 2005, 02:27)
Is UO actually worth buying? From what i can gather and from previous expansion packs i've bought for other games like BF1942..all it adds is new weapons and maps..but i know UO added some sweet nifty features as well as that 100% deployable piece of sechz on a tripod.

It adds never ending gameplay with the new gametypes and the vehicles. I am wondering why you didn't get it till now wow.gif

gta3pcguy
  • gta3pcguy

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 June 2005 - 11:16 PM

If it's anything like the first I'll be buying it. I'm fully confident it'll be twice as good as the first, which will be mindblowing. The new Africa theatre of war will be a nice change from Europe, I can't wait to see how it develops. Roughly when do you think will be the release date?

Macintire Sniper
  • Macintire Sniper

irRashonel

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:45 AM

I'm pretty sure from the videos and on the site it said something about being released Fall 2005. Not very descriptive i know, but at least they arent like EA and push release dates back until they can be arsed.

Dublo 7
  • Dublo 7

Trying Your Luck

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (Macintire Sniper @ Jun 3 2005, 08:45)
I'm pretty sure from the videos and on the site it said something about being released Fall 2005. Not very descriptive i know, but at least they arent like EA and push release dates back until they can be arsed.

Mac your sig made me laugh so much.

Ugh, I bet I will have to upgrade my PC for this dozingoff.gif

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 03 June 2005 - 08:18 PM

It's quite worth it. I'll inform/edit this topic with the PC requirements as soon as it is told.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users