With illcom being a bit random in design, it might be a good idea to come up with a basic zoning layout before chopping up the new lots. This we can discuss here, obviously. On top of the zoning, we can do some degree of "pre-registering" lots, so I'll have an idea of how to slice up the land. This doesn't mean everyone can just say "I want this piece" and mark out half the map. But rather if anyone has a good idea (and preferably sketches, at least) for something that would probably take up more than one small/normal sized lot, then we could plan on splitting such sections off into larger chunks to keep the ide's managable. Or if someone has an idea for something smaller, matching lots could be arranged for those as well.
Rough plan for zoing is as follows. Suggest and/or edit as neccessary:
- East island, illurb: mostly urban, in theory.
- West island, illres: mostly low density residential, with some bigger stuff along the main road to the south.
- Black Mesa (illurb_ne): cabins, fancy houses, goat hearding? Top bit is mine, btw.
- illurb_se/sw: skyscrapers, factories, and stuff? large square-ish bit at the end of the East Tank Bridge will contain the football stadium.
- Spookie Hollow (on top of hill, illurb_nw): Old-ish neighborhood. Mainly Victorian/gothic/classic architecture. Possibly haunted?
- illres_ne: Mostly suburban houses.
- illres_se: Houses, row houses, low-rise flats/hotels, shops, light-to-medium commercial?
- illres_crater: maybe a small urban area? maybe a resort/tourist attraction/casino-y place?
- illres_sw/nw, general west coast: rural-ish stuff?
|illnorth_alpha_up.rar (4.44 MB, installer)|
Known Bugs and Problems
- paths are incomplete and not connected with illcom's path system
- NW and NE corner elements (illres_NW_13, illurb_NE_5) overlap the world boundaries and had to be disabled
- some of the boat paths might cause boats appearing underneath the land
- at the entrances of the southern bridge grass is sticking through the road; sand textures/col; disappearing tower
- the island access road (behind East Tank Bridge) still has to be modelled
- roundabout not centered
- no proper grass and rock materials