Photo

A Suggestion concerning user's profiles

18 replies to this topic
Mr Killer
  • Mr Killer

Upside-down circle

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:15 AM

I thought maybe it would be necessary when people look at other people's profiles a certain music or track is played.

eg. Click on Killer789 > The profile opens and mission impossible music starts playing and the user would be able to choose what music is played on their own personal profile via the profile options tab.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:17 AM

nervous.gif

You honestly think that would be a good and valued addition to the forums? Did you even think about the MANY possibilities for abuse?

Jesus, Flash images alone back in 2002 were abused by everyone, imagine what embedded sound would do.

Simon.
  • Simon.

Gangsta

• The Connection

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:22 AM

I know what he means, I had this hack installed at my forums.
It is restricted to simple midi files that take seconds to load, even on 56k wow.gif .
I don't see how this could be abused it is a very simple hack, it takes seconds to install (if you know what our doing).

This is the link I used, to get it. I'm sure the admins that add the new hacks know how to change it from a version 1.2.x hack to a 2.0.x hack.http://mods.invision...index.php/f/232

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE (Opius @ May 24 2005, 05:17)
nervous.gif

You honestly think that would be a good and valued addition to the forums? Did you even think about the MANY possibilities for abuse?

Jesus, Flash images alone back in 2002 were abused by everyone, imagine what embedded sound would do.

I would definately use this. I'd add a scream so each time you open up my profile an extremely loud scream is played.
that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

MUAHAHAHAHA.

Chalkstar
  • Chalkstar

QvsQ lab monkey

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2005 - 06:19 AM

Although it might be good in theory, it would just get annoying. Yet another thing that needs editing uneccessarily.

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 24 May 2005 - 06:41 AM

I'd have loved the Flash images thingy (not this sound thing), but yeah, this kind of stuff gets abused/annoying easily, look at most some post-wrappers... confused.gif

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

yer ma's got athlete's foot!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 25 May 2005 - 03:59 PM

You think it would maybe be necessary? F*ck no.

Mr Killer
  • Mr Killer

Upside-down circle

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 May 2005 - 08:52 AM

It might not be necessary and it would sometimes get annoying but if you don't want to hear the music or tune then maybe there will be an option in your own profile that is called, do not player member's profile music and it would not allow the music to be played.

Anyway, Opius it was just a suggestion so chill out man. cool.gif .

disco
  • disco

science!

• The Precinct

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:17 AM

i prefer to listen to my own music that i've got playing.. not some low-quality linkin park stuff some kid wants me to listen to.

i say no

Rotten
  • Rotten

Average Mug

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:42 AM

everything disco stu said cause he rawks +

if the administrators had the bandwidth to spare, why the feck did they just upgrade the server to cope with their current load?

think. ask. happy.
think. ask. happy.
think. ask. happy.
think. ask. happy.
think. ask. happy.

smile.gif

YeTi
  • YeTi

S'up Bitches?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 28 May 2005 - 12:43 PM

I think the idea of it is nice but it could be abused. You would end up someone thinking its funny to have swear words and insulting comments being played. A nice idea but no.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

yer ma's got athlete's foot!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 28 May 2005 - 01:02 PM

I don't see how people can even say it's a nice idea in the slightest, this sort of thing sincerely pisses me off on other sites.

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

Your friendly neighborhood Goodfella

• The Precinct

Posted 28 May 2005 - 01:19 PM

My sugestion that the forums should somehow be able to perform oral sex on me was more plausable than this.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 29 May 2005 - 08:30 AM

This is www.gtaforums.com not www.crappygeocitiesmidimusicplayingforums.com

I honestly dunno why you'd want that kind of thing, how long does anyone ever look at someone's profile? 20 seconds at the most I'd say. Its sounds way to cutesy for my liking, like some crappy geocities site that would burn any mere mortals retina's.

San Andreas Nut
  • San Andreas Nut

a.k.a. SAN

• Members

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:14 AM

ZING!

this would be pointless, that kind of midi crap can get really annoying when you are trying to read something!

SWEETSAPRIK
  • SWEETSAPRIK

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci
  • Unknown
  • Sourest Member

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:47 AM

[sarcasm] I can't think of any ways in which this could be abused.
It's not like people would purposely record sounds at an insanely high input volume to screw up your speakers. We wouldn't have to restrict it to midi files, because nobody would make a recording of anything vulgar, or offensive. If we did restrict it to midi files they would sound great, and obviously be a real pleasure to hear. Nobody would choose that crazyfrog crap, or any annoying ringtone as their sound. [/sarcasm]

Like others have mentioned I occasionally like to listen to music, music that I don't want interrupted by crappy music/noises. This isn't worth the bandwidth it would take to redirect you to the music. And I don't think it would be as simple as redirecting you, would it? Regardless, if you want someone to listen to some emo band, or sucky greenday song, then convert it into an .rm file, upload it, and paste the link in your "my homepage" line.

Venom
  • Venom

スパイダーマン

• Zaibatsu
  • England

Posted 29 May 2005 - 03:33 PM

Basically, for everyone to upload their playlist to the sever would make it go Kaputtises, considering you use the same software as MSN messenger. I oculd only suggest a website, like My Space or AudioS...whatever, and people can link that from their profile, if they wish.

Or in Interests you could just put;
"WH1t3 Z0mb13 Ru1Z! @?ZZ"

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Returning Member 2014
    Lifetime Achievement Award

Posted 29 May 2005 - 05:33 PM

It surprises me that this topic still lives.

Fact is fact; any page with music playing in the background sucks. GTAForums is a cool website.

Why make it suck?

I don't get it!

Insane
  • Insane

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2005 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ May 29 2005, 03:30)

I honestly dunno why you'd want that kind of thing, how long does anyone ever look at someone's profile? 20 seconds at the most I'd say. Its sounds way to cutesy for my liking, like some crappy geocities site that would burn any mere mortals retina's.

I can stare at your profile for hours on end, lover boy.

And yes, my music > sh*tty midi files of sh*tty norwegian dance music.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users