Photo

Release dates?

9 replies to this topic
HKB
  • HKB

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:46 AM

Firs to all you mod's and admin's out there whaiting like sharks for a topic to close then i did try seartching...

The Qestion: Why the difference betwen the US releasedate and the UK/Europe releasedate?

jesushumper
  • jesushumper

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:53 AM

Good quesion..

perhap the Uk is in the habit of releasing media on Fridays instead of Tuesdays like north america.

Either way, it's not soon enough.

I'd even pay and extra $20 to play it tonight.

But of course, I'll have to wait... 15 more days.

Poo. suicidal.gif

Direct!
  • Direct!

joker, toker, midnight smoker

• Members

Posted 24 May 2005 - 11:11 AM

It makes you wonder.

As soon as it's out in America, only a few hours after release it'll probrably leak onto the net.

People in Europe see it online and think: "hey, but if I download it, I have it before release date".

But if it comes out on the same day, that effect won't be so big. Only the people who don't want to pay warez it, and having it before anyone else isn't there anymore then.

Strange stuff confused.gif

riahc5
  • riahc5

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:12 PM

Why do we have brains.....honestly....

Ill answer the question with another one....Why has Sony released its consoles in Asia first than USA? BECAUSE THEY'RE LOCATED THERE! Same thing for Rockstar. It takes time to ship from USA to Europe.

jesushumper
  • jesushumper

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:25 PM

lol

They don't ship the day before the game's released in stores.

Rockstar HAS offices in UK.

I'd guess they transfer the program to wherever it's cheapest to fire off a bach of copies adn let them go from there.

Games are ALWAYS out before the stores sell them.

Did a bit of looking and the p[revious two gta's were online about 5 days before the stores.

BUt no matter, being in NA i'll get it before the 10th tounge.gif

noVa
  • noVa

Avast Ye Mateys

• Members

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:29 PM

rockstar was a scottish company was it not?

theres a viable explanation for staggering releases of things.

i dont know it but i can only guess stuff like

holding release parties/advertising all on the same day would be to hard

where ever has the biggest market?

i dont know really.

EDDS
  • EDDS

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (riahc5 @ May 26 2005, 20:12)

Ill answer the question with another one....Why has Sony released its consoles in Asia first than USA? BECAUSE THEY'RE LOCATED THERE! Same thing for Rockstar. It takes time to ship from USA to Europe.

lol dumbass,

rockstar is mainly a scottish company.

[enforcA]
  • [enforcA]

The original one.

• Members

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (EDDS @ May 26 2005, 22:05)
QUOTE (riahc5 @ May 26 2005, 20:12)

lol dumbass,

rockstar is mainly a scottish company.

off-topic:

sarcasm.gif wrong, Rockstar Games was founded in 1998 in New York by Sam Houser, Terry Donovan, Dan Houser, Jamie King and Gary J. Foreman

what you could mean is Rockstar North, 'DMA Design' ('Doesn't Mean Anything' Design) was founded in 1987 by Dave Jones (the guy who produces 'all points bulletin' (online game) with his own company 'real time worlds' together with 'webzen'), in 1999 Take2 Interactive bought DMA Design, Dave Jones left the company, in 2000 they moved to Edinburgh/Scotland and finally (in 2000-2002) they changed the company name from 'DMA Design' to 'Rockstar Studios' to finally 'Rockstar North'

Rockstar North is part of Rockstar Games, and Rockstar Games is part of Take2 Interactive

that's the story..

sarcasm.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 27 May 2005 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE (HKB @ May 23 2005, 19:16)
Firs to all you mod's and admin's out there whaiting like sharks for a topic to close then i did try seartching...

The Qestion: Why the difference betwen the US releasedate and the UK/Europe releasedate?

First off to all the members who think we just hang around all day waiting for members to post topics that can be locked you can kindly get a reality check and relise that being a staff member isn't all fun and games.

As for the question, you could say that about any game or movie and the answer isn't really definite. I'd say its mostly due to marketing but also the shipping factors involved with each region. Really you just have to live with waiting 3 days which isn't really that long compared to some games who's release date can spread accross several months.

HKB
  • HKB

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 May 2005 - 10:52 AM

it's not that i have a problem by waiting... but i just wondering WHY?...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users