Photo

TXD.img

5 replies to this topic
StylesClash
  • StylesClash

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:41 AM

The txd.img thing that is supposed to be in the models folder is not there. The game won't work and I think this is why. Anyway, when I start the game up the Rockstar North logo comes up, goes away, and the game doesn't start. Can I get the txd.img back? Is this why it doesn't work. Please help.

YeTi
  • YeTi

S'up Bitches?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 May 2005 - 10:16 AM

Yes the txd.img does belong in the models folder. If you have lost the txd.img just reinstall the game your save games will be ok as they are saved in my documents not the install directory.

DarkGTA
  • DarkGTA

DarkGTA Has Returned

• Members

Posted 30 May 2005 - 12:16 AM

I believe that the txd.img does not stop you from starting your game. I have gta3 without the txd.img and it works fine. So, try re-installing the game

ayrton2388
  • ayrton2388

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 07:33 PM

Only cheap video cards (like mine, too) need the txd.img file, wich contains uncompressed textures, i think. If u delete it, it will be created again when loading a game or starting a new one. But i don`t think that`s your problem.
If the game stops while loading the intro screen, do the following:
1. UNINSTALL the game , then reinstall it, if it doesn`t work, DELETE it, then reinstall the game
OR
2. DELETE the game, then reinstall it

This happend to me 2, but i don`t remember exactly what i`ve done to fix it, so there`s an "OR"... but one of them should definitly work.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2005 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (ayrton2388 @ Jun 9 2005, 14:33)
Only cheap video cards (like mine, too) need the txd.img file

I have a Radeon 9700PRO and GTA3 builds it.

txd.img is built by the game. Not having it should just mean that the first time you go to plunge into Liberty City, your game will take a break to build the archive. If you don't have txd.img and the game doesn't seem to want to build it, then maybe you still have an old txd.dir sitting there. Check for both and delete both txd.img and txd.dir.

Barbaneez
  • Barbaneez

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 June 2005 - 12:28 AM Edited by Barbaneez, 20 June 2005 - 06:01 AM.

Edit. Please ignore my post here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users