6 replies to this topic
Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Wales

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:40 PM

This is for all that have The Sims 2.

I know this may sound silly, but where is the Savegame folder? We want to transfer the savegame to another computer once its loaded.

Cheers,

Helly.

andibomb
  • andibomb

Beau

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:09 PM

I'm not sure what kind of save game you are after. But Neighbourhood Lots and Character info is stored in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 in their respective folders.

Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Wales

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:19 PM

I mean the savegame that we have saved.

andibomb
  • andibomb

Beau

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:36 PM

I'm pretty sure The Sims doesn't save anything as a whole file. They are seperated into Characters and Lots, which are stored in the folder I mentioned. Lots are the houses within the neighbourhood, and characters are the people in the neighbourhood. You just have to find the ones you want to move.

Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Wales

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:39 PM

Hmm, ok then. Thanks for the help.

Reactor.
  • Reactor.

• Members

Posted 23 May 2005 - 11:02 AM

The Sims 2 is difficult with that. Every time you save your game, it saves any changes your sims made to the neighbourhood. Eg: say a visiting sim was playing the guitar at your sims house. Your sim gives them $5. Then your sim does something like talking to them, and the relationship scores go up. When you save the game, it saves the changes to the other sims household as well - the relationship goes up with them, and their bank account gets five bucks.

So savegames in Sims 2 are really the state of the lots and sims, as andibomb said. There are no specific files that link them all together. But just do as andibomb said. I think there's an 'export lot' or 'export family' button somewhere in the game, but I don't know whether it just makes a copy of them in another folder or whether it actually moves them out of the neighbourhood into another folder.

Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Wales

Posted 24 May 2005 - 10:54 AM

Ok. Thanks for the extra help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users