Photo

page width

3 replies to this topic
_-playero-_
  • _-playero-_

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 May 2005 - 04:32 AM

Im confused, If I make a site it will be better for me using layout tables, as most sites do (I think)... but I'm making a header, and I don't want it to stay fixed all the time, I want that, if the window is resized, the thing must move... got the picture?

btw: Im using dreamweaver

Chalkstar
  • Chalkstar

QvsQ lab monkey

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 May 2005 - 04:39 AM

You want it to center the heading, based on the window size. So if the window size is small, the heading is still in the center of the page. I think that's what you are trying to say.

Johnno
  • Johnno

WD&P Ogre

• Members

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE (_-playero-_ @ May 22 2005, 14:32)
Im confused, If I make a site it will be better for me using layout tables, as most sites do (I think)...

Tables are not for making website layouts. Learn and use CSS instead.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE (Johnno @ May 22 2005, 08:35)
QUOTE (_-playero-_ @ May 22 2005, 14:32)
Im confused, If I make a site it will be better for me using layout tables, as most sites do (I think)...
Tables are not for making website layouts. Learn and use CSS instead.
He's using dreamweaver. Let's just wait a few months until he's found his feet. Learning CSS position is a laboriours process, especially for newbies and even more so when you consider all the cross-browser testing.

Having said that, I would urge you to get away from using DreamWeaver and recommend using NotePad to learn how to write HTML directly. It gives you much more control and you can make the code perfectly consistant using NotePad while a WYSIWYG editor like DreamWeaver will tend to spew code in a largely random fashion. This makes it impossible to learn anything from reading the code it produces since the code it produces is utter rubbish.

W3Schools is a great place to start with HTML.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users