Photo

Alan Wake, aka Silent Hill 2

3 replies to this topic
JulioCaesar
  • JulioCaesar

I rock your cock.

• Members

Posted 22 May 2005 - 04:21 AM

This is a new game by the people that made the Max Payne series, and its scheduled to be released on all next gen plat forms. Judging from the pics, you instantly think "wow, the graphics are sooo nice, but this game looks like the blandest piece of crap I have ever seen." What makes it different is its story, which is by no means the biggest rip off of Silent Hill 2.

If anyone has played SH2, you know that the game centers around a guy who tries to search for his dead wife in a sillent hill. When he gets there, all hell breaks lose. In this game, a guy arrives at Pride Falls to find his wife. When he gets there, all hell breaks lose. Also if you played SH2, you know that the game gets worse and worse once it goes into night time, the same applies with Alan Wake. Then this Alan Wake guy finds a woman who looks exactly like his wife, which is exactly what happens in SH2.

ANOTHER incredile similarity is the weather elements mentioned in the preview for Alan Wake. Just like SH2, the weather plays a role in the game; in SH2 and all other SH games, once the weather changed you knew something was drastically different, the same applies for Alan Wake.

Theres very very little info about this game, but allready its shaping up to be one incredible SH2 rip off.

link to Alan Wake

user posted imageuser posted image

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:40 AM

Yeah I see the similarities but honestly SH's premise wasn't that different from any other horror/thriller film so really Remedy aren't ripping of SH just a combination of most horror and thriller films. After reading that preview its gameplay sounds not quite SH based, it sounds more open-ended then SH while still being similar. It's Remedy so until I play it I won't pass judgement yet.

tecnovm64
  • tecnovm64

har har

• Members

Posted 27 May 2005 - 01:05 AM

The gfx looks amazing, but the story is almost the same as SH2, and you know, for me there's nothing better than SH's series

(yber])ragon10]{
  • (yber])ragon10]{

On a 187

• Members

Posted 28 May 2005 - 02:48 AM

I thought it was okay nothing special.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users