Photo

New PC Gamer ad!

8 replies to this topic
davew2040
  • davew2040

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 May 2005 - 02:38 AM

So there's a new ad that looks a little like the old one in PC Gamer, but I'm not going to bother to scan it. Partly because I don't have a scanner, and partly because obsessing over every miniscule bit of content is unhealthy at this juncture. The game'll be out pretty soon, and once it's out all the vigorous lusting for screenshots will seem silly in retrospect.

Besides, every screenshot I see has me looking for minor imperfections so I can try to gauge whether or not Rockstar really put effort into the port, or just had one guy hack it together in a couple days like they did for GTA3 and Vice City. angry.gif

blue_steel
  • blue_steel

Captain Unlimited

• Members

Posted 21 May 2005 - 03:36 AM

So what was the point of this post?

davew2040
  • davew2040

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 May 2005 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (blue_steel @ May 21 2005, 03:36)

So you can look for it if you want to. Or someone else can feel free to post a scan if they feel differently than I do.

blue_steel
  • blue_steel

Captain Unlimited

• Members

Posted 21 May 2005 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE (davew2040 @ May 21 2005, 04:27)
QUOTE (blue_steel @ May 21 2005, 03:36)

So you can look for it if you want to. Or someone else can feel free to post a scan if they feel differently than I do.

Yeah, but he said something like "I'm not going to scan in, partly cause I don't have a scanner and also because I don't waste my time showing every little bit of new content" If he doesn't like wasting his time uploading images (which i know he doesnt have) then why did he "waste his time" typing that up?

Also, does anybody have a good quality picture of that ad?

davew2040
  • davew2040

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 May 2005 - 04:59 AM

QUOTE (blue_steel @ May 21 2005, 04:40)
Yeah, but he said something like "I'm not going to scan in, partly cause I don't have a scanner and also because I don't waste my time showing every little bit of new content" If he doesn't like wasting his time uploading images (which i know he doesnt have) then why did he "waste his time" typing that up?

I didn't say that I didn't want to waste my time, I said that it's psychologically unhealthy to be craving yet more screenshots after so many have already been released at this point. It's time to just wait it out, in my opinion. I've got plenty of time that I waste as is tounge.gif

Anyway, believe me that there's nothing interesting in the ad, it's just a little bit different than what we've seen in the past.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 21 May 2005 - 07:30 AM

i saw the ad in pc gamer couple days ago when i was flipping through the mag (sorry, didnt buy it, the pc gamer article wasnt worth it). your right, there wasn't really anything special in the ad, its just...new. Although, atleast the screenshots in the AD were some i had NOT seen, unlike the pc gamer article on it... tounge2.gif

jesushumper
  • jesushumper

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 May 2005 - 07:32 AM

Reading it certainly was a waste of -my- time.

Though not so much of a waste that I wouldn't take the extra time to b|tch about it smile.gif

17 days to go...

RCagent
  • RCagent

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:30 PM

You lazy-ass! Just kidding, anyway heres some not high quality scans, but crappy digital camera shots of the ad because my scanner is on the fritz:
user posted image

Oh and heres the old one:
user posted image

If you want to read the crap on the bottom (same on both of them) heres a larger version where you can read all the crap:

http://img.photobuck...PCanAdlarge.jpg

blue_steel
  • blue_steel

Captain Unlimited

• Members

Posted 22 May 2005 - 02:36 AM

QUOTE (davew2040 @ May 21 2005, 04:59)
I didn't say that I didn't want to waste my time, I said that it's psychologically unhealthy to be craving yet more screenshots after so many have already been released at this point. It's time to just wait it out, in my opinion. I've got plenty of time that I waste as is tounge.gif

Anyway, believe me that there's nothing interesting in the ad, it's just a little bit different than what we've seen in the past.

Ok, sorry. Those are alright screens that I haven't seen, nothing great but I like the one with the Hydra flying low between the trees.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users