Photo

best star wars to buy?

14 replies to this topic
Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:30 PM

...... WWhat star wars game is the best out of them all.Im thinking of getting 1? ..........

imheretostay
  • imheretostay

non-existant

• Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:32 PM

Jedi power battles for Playstation and Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1&2.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 08:02 PM

Go for the recent Revenge of the Sith game, it's brilliant

Dalpura
  • Dalpura

• Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 08:09 PM

I'll have to go with dave there. Revenge of the Sith is f*cking awesome. It's got footage, great gameplay, lots of action, etc etc. Just a good bit of fun really.

PCJ.
  • PCJ.

Shaggy

• Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 08:14 PM

You should give us a bit of info on what games you like, eg. RPG or action.

I'd personally go with what Dave and Dalp said, Revenge of the Sith is awsome. Check out Gaming Reviews for reviews on Both Revenge of the Sith, and KOTOR II.

imheretostay
  • imheretostay

non-existant

• Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 08:28 PM

Is revenge of the sith coming out for PC?

yngve
  • yngve

Jävla Hårdrock.

• Members

Posted 20 May 2005 - 04:46 PM Edited by yngve, 20 May 2005 - 05:03 PM.

I would say Jedi Knight II: Outcast and Jedi Kight: Jedi Acadamy. But I have to say, my favourite is still SW: Rogue Squadron for the N64...

I haven't played Revenge of the Sith myself yet, but I'm suprised at the sh*tty reviews it's gotten so far. 4.5 at IGN.com and 6.3 at GameSpot.

PCJ.
  • PCJ.

Shaggy

• Members

Posted 20 May 2005 - 05:32 PM

That is official bullsh*t. IGN and Gamespot review games like pro film revioewer review films, focusing on the bad points, and not as much on the good points.

If you want a good review, you need to get the opinion of us gamers.

@IHTS: Last time I checked, it was console only.

Asmodeus
  • Asmodeus

Defunct the Strings

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 May 2005 - 06:47 PM

I say wait for Star Wars: Empire At War

Check it out at gamespy.com

It's an RTS set in the Star Wars universe but it looks way better than any of the other rts star wars games. It has everything, land and space battles, star destroyers, x-wings etc, darth vader....

Check it out...

In the meantime go for Revenge of the Sith, that's supposed to be really good

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 20 May 2005 - 07:06 PM

...... What about battlefront2 anybody know about that?

Mark }{
  • Mark }{

The Original Numba One Trish Fan...

• Members

Posted 20 May 2005 - 07:14 PM Edited by Mark }{, 20 May 2005 - 07:17 PM.

Revenge of the Sith is good, but it will only take you about one night to complete the main story. The Bonus missions will probably take you a couple hours or so to beat, so its a very short game. However, its got good replay value. The duels are quite fun to do over and over again, and many of the levels in story mode are pretty fun too. But if you want something longer...

I suggest Knights of the Old Republic I or II. They're both solid games, and both have good stories. In story mode you've got your main objectives, and a lot of side missions to go out and complete. The ability to play as 9 different characters in your party in each game is also really nice. Its pretty much impossible to get bored with as well. The only thing I would've liked to change is going into battle yourself, but I can also respect the RPG way of the game.

Jedi Knight Outcast and Jedi Academy are also games I really enjoyed. I can't honestly remember the story behind Outcast, as it was a long time ago that I played it. All I know is that you don't start with a lightsaber, you get it sometime during gameplay. JK Academy though, you start with a saber. Its got good lightsaber animations, a good story, and parts of it can actually be pretty challenging. This game is good for Multiplayer as well, as its got a good online community behind it.

And the unmentioned yet, Star Wars Battlefront is probably the most awesome non-jedi game known, ever. There's many vehicles to take control of, you can play as the Trade Federation Army, the Clone Army, The Republic (including Wookiee's), and the Storm Trooper army. The game also features Gungans, however those, I do not think you can play as. Its good for a war type of Star Wars experience, and is different from others in the fact you never even get to play as a Jedi.

So, those would probably be my choices. It might also help if you let us in on the console you have, as that will directly affect what we tell you.

Striker*
  • Striker*

Red eye mind tricks and homogenized silk

• Members

Posted 20 May 2005 - 07:42 PM

It all depends on what genre of games you like. If you like RPGs, then get KOTOR 1&2. I hate RPGs but I loved KOTOR. If you are a fan of the movies, then get Revenge of the Sith. If you like First Person Shooters, get Republic Commando or Battlefront.

BroDan
  • BroDan

Jesus Saves!

• Zaibatsu

Posted 20 May 2005 - 07:59 PM

Playstation 2: None I can think of

X-box: KOTOR 1&2, Revenge of the Sith

Gamecube: Rebel Strike

PC: Jedi Outcast & Jedi Academy, Star Wars Galaxies (lol)

Those are my favorites.

Dalpura
  • Dalpura

• Members

Posted 21 May 2005 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (ImHereToStay @ May 20 2005, 06:28)
Is revenge of the sith coming out for PC?

Nope. Xbox and PS2 only.
QUOTE (funkychunky @ May 21 2005, 05:06)
......     What about battlefront2 anybody know about that?

I know I f*cking want it. tounge.gif It's not coming out for a while, Fall. Which is what? Around October. Maybe give Battlefront 1 a go first.

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 21 May 2005 - 09:52 AM

...... Ive had battlefront 1.It was awesome.oh and ive got a ps2 ..........

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users