Photo

Please help. n00b in trouble

4 replies to this topic
Southern Finest
  • Southern Finest

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:12 AM

Im a complete noob to php i'll say that before i try to explain, ive never used or even thought of using php until 2 days ago.

Here is a link to my site:
http://synergy.servebeer.com/

Im using apache2triad to host my website also.

Now i will try to explain my problems

1. Im using php nuke and for some reason when people register the confirmation e-mail isnt sent. I think the problem is i need a web mail server or something like that but i am not sure.

2. Im using a php nuke theme by mtechnik and i need to install a mod of his called theme cp. I tryed installing it but when i go to html/install.php all i see is a blank page and the install didnt work.

Please help, thanks. bbq.gif

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 19 May 2005 - 11:36 AM

You will need a server to send outgoing e-mails on, and it's difficult for me to suggest what to do with your php issues since all that is viewable is the client side of the site. I haven't used phpNuke before so I can't be much help.

Luke
  • Luke

suckmyrocket

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (40ozFreak @ May 19 2005, 11:36)
You will need a server to send outgoing e-mails on, and it's difficult for me to suggest what to do with your php issues since all that is viewable is the client side of the site. I haven't used phpNuke before so I can't be much help.

Not exactly, well, it's incredibly common for sendmail to be used -- which would be installed on the same box as PHP. Are we talking about a windows server here or something? Is it setup right on your server? Do you have the right sendmail path?

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:19 PM

Well true, I've not much experience with sendmail so it's out of my realm of knowledge. I hope it's not a Windows server, they're the pits in many ways.

Southern Finest
  • Southern Finest

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:30 AM

Im using apache2triad alien.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users