Photo

Suggestion #2

18 replies to this topic
The Wall
  • The Wall

Mr. Nice guy

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2005 - 04:36 AM

You know that little black dot that appears after you posted in a thread? Can you put a time limit on it so like after 4 days of not posting in that thread it goes away? Because I'm sure I speak for alot of people who have Black dots all over the threads in Public Gang Chat. It'll help you know what threads you posted in recently.

Kotsudaira
  • Kotsudaira

The Wanderer

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2005 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (The Wall @ May 19 2005, 04:36)
You know that little black dot that appears after you posted in a thread? Can you put a time limit on it so like after 4 days of not posting in that thread it goes away? Because I'm sure I speak for alot of people who have Black dots all over the threads in Public Gang Chat. It'll help you know what threads you posted in recently.

I have a suggestion:

Can you tell what you're talkin' about? You don't know what threads you recently posted in? You have a bad memory?

I always thought the black dot meant you hadn't viewed that thread recently.

-Kotsudaira

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 19 May 2005 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE (Kotsudaira @ May 18 2005, 23:21)

I have a suggestion:

Can you tell what you're talkin' about? You don't know what threads you recently posted in? You have a bad memory?

-Kotsudaira

erm... Black dot means you have replied to the topic.

dills
  • dills

Work it Carlton!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 May 2005 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (anuj @ May 19 2005, 05:43)
QUOTE (Kotsudaira @ May 18 2005, 23:21)

I have a suggestion:

-Kotsudaira

erm... Black dot means you have replied to the topic.

user posted image
He means the black dots on the icons next to the topic title, they appear when you have poted in a topic.

Luke2004
  • Luke2004

You wanna leave? k. gtfo.

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2005 - 04:42 PM

It means if you've posted in a forum.
If there new posts, you'll notice it stands out more.

Also, can you make the titles more relevant to the topic please? - Luke.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 19 May 2005 - 04:51 PM

Similar suggestion: A 'clear' button in every topic you've posted in. I use the black dot as a 'ah, i need to look in that topic' thing. if i've for some reason posted in a topic i couldn't care less about, I'd like to be able to remove the black dot.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 04:53 PM

Err... I think our topic maker has realized that, I think he suggested to make it disappear after five days of inactivity in the topic.

Possible to do, but is it worth it?

@Luke2004, it's called a topic. wink.gif

Luke2004
  • Luke2004

You wanna leave? k. gtfo.

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2005 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Svip @ May 19 2005, 17:53)
Err... I think our topic maker has realized that, I think he suggested to make it disappear after five days of inactivity in the topic.

Possible to do, but is it worth it?

@Luke2004, it's called a topic. wink.gif

oh yeah, sorry I typed it quickly. - Luke.

fred
  • fred

• None

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:24 PM

1) If you're posting so much crap that you can't remember where and when, perhaps not post quite so much?

2) Is this worth changing just for one forum, which most of the members ignore anyway?

3) Please use a little common sense. A title of "Suggestion" in a forum called "Forum Suggestions" isn't really very helpful, is it?

ViceDog
  • ViceDog

Boss

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:25 PM

Use a different skin.

Then we're all happy.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (ViceDog @ May 19 2005, 20:25)
Use a different skin.

Then we're all happy.

I think I speak for all of us when I say; "WTF!!?"

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (ViceDog @ May 19 2005, 19:25)
Use a different skin.

Then we're all happy.

are you sure you're posting in the right topic, or are you just posting rather randomly to raise that post number?

The Wall
  • The Wall

Mr. Nice guy

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (fred @ May 19 2005, 18:24)
1) If you're posting so much crap that you can't remember where and when, perhaps not post quite so much?

But if I post there once It'll stay there for ever, and I don't want a black dot on a topic like Renegades for ever cuz I'll have the "'ah, i need to look in that topic" mind set.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (The Wall @ May 19 2005, 21:20)
QUOTE (fred @ May 19 2005, 18:24)

But if I post there once It'll stay there for ever, and I don't want a black dot on a topic like Renegades for ever cuz I'll have the "'ah, i need to look in that topic" mind set.

Just because you are a bit messed up, it doesn't mean we all have to fit to it. You fit yourself to these forums.

blindsk8er6d9
  • blindsk8er6d9

Z

• Members

Posted 22 May 2005 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (jallar @ May 19 2005, 13:53)
Use a different skin.

Then we're all happy.

are you sure you're posting in the right topic, or are you just posting rather randomly to raise that post number?

I don't thinki he really cares about post count seeing as he has been here since 2001.

On topic: I think there is a better way to do it. When there is a topic with a black dot and you don't want the black dot there, you should be able to click the dot to make it go away.

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE (blindsk8er6d9 @ May 21 2005, 20:51)
QUOTE (jallar @ May 19 2005, 13:53)
Use a different skin.

Then we're all happy.

I don't thinki he really cares about post count seeing as he has been here since 2001.

On topic: I think there is a better way to do it. When there is a topic with a black dot and you don't want the black dot there, you should be able to click the dot to make it go away.

He's only been here since 2003. confused.gif

If you're talking about the black dot on the envelop, it means you've posted in that chat. You cannot get ridd of it. It is there, so you can know what topics you have posted in. No hacks, me thinks, can get ridd of it. But even if there was, who would want to get rid of it? It doesn't bother anybody.

blindsk8er6d9
  • blindsk8er6d9

Z

• Members

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:33 PM

Oops, it is 2003. bored.gif

Yeah, the envelope with the black dot. I think if we click the envelope, the black dot should dissapear. It isn't a real big deal, just a way to make it more convienient. GTAF is set up so nice, everything is easy to understand, that would be just another way to make it better.

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:09 PM

How would it be better? You click it, then, a few days later, you realise you forgot which topic it was, and you're searching to see which ones you've posted in. And since you clicked it to get ridd of the black dot, you'll come whining to delete the hack.

No.

The Wall
  • The Wall

Mr. Nice guy

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 May 2005 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (Jonny Tightlips @ May 22 2005, 23:09)
How would it be better? You click it, then, a few days later, you realise you forgot which topic it was, and you're searching to see which ones you've posted in. And since you clicked it to get ridd of the black dot, you'll come whining to delete the hack.

No.

Objection leading the witness!

No I'm quite positive I won't

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• Members

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:51 PM

Try and understand;

The board does not orbit around you, you orbit around the board.

If you wanna use it, you have to fit in, use what the board tells you to use, act how the board tells you to act, do what the board tells you to do.

It's quite simple. Just because YOU'RE in the need of such thing, that would in fact change the whole thing for all of us, if was an addon, that people could gently ignore, then I might have thought a bit about it.

But since you are not suggestion an addon, but a chance, that will affect all of us, and not just your needs. Then perhaps; why not just forget it and live with the board's structure?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users