15 replies to this topic
Neo-K 182
  • Neo-K 182

La Famiglia Di Corleone

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2005 - 01:06 AM

user posted image
QUOTE (Gameshark.com Handheld news)
Nintendo today revealed a brand new, and smaller Game Boy Advance SP system at a press conference in L.A. today. The retooled Game Boy Advance SP fits into a coat pocket, is thinner than a cell phone, and can play all your GBA and GB games like the sytem before it.

The silver metal Game Boy Micro measures a 4 inches wide, 2 inches tall and 0.7 inches deep, weighs just 2.8 ounces, and has the same processing power and plays the same games as Game Boy Advance SP models, complete with standard face controls and shoulder and Start/Select buttons.

The Game Boy Micro also features a removable face plate that gives owners the option to buy replacements to customize the look of their systems with new colors and designs. Most notably, its 2-inch backlit screen shines with incredible power, and allows users to adjust the brightness of the screen to adapt to indoor or outdoor light. Nintendo also pointed out that this new system is an evolutioon of its portable hand-held line, but by no means a successor to any current system. Game Boy Micro will be released this fall. The system comes with a built-in, rechargeable lithium-ion battery and supports standard headphones.

http://www.gameshark...=210&c=handheld

well granted no new version of the GBA was really needed, but this one sure aint to bad, a few nice adons like a headphone slot, adjustable brightness, and smaller size, all with the same battery usage of the last one, giving you 8-11 hours of play. not to bad. as for price, nothing released yet. but personally i still prefer the SP over this one, but wouldn't mind having it due to it's smaller size.

Technical Difficulty
  • Technical Difficulty

Run for your life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2005 - 01:10 AM

Looks like a keychain emblem.

Waste
  • Waste

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 01:42 AM

I want it as I don't have a SP.
Nice and small.
It's actually about the same size as my cell phone.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 01:51 AM

Oh come on Nintendo, how many frickin versions of Game Boy are you going to release? To me it just seems like another attempt for Nintendo to gain popularity. I just find it crazy that here we are almost at the onset of a new generation of Consoles as well as a handheld with the power of a PS2 and yet Nintendo are trying to market yet another Game Boy that has about the same power as a Super Nintendo.

Mafia Righthand_Man
  • Mafia Righthand_Man

Shuffle off.

• Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:12 AM

Nintendo's getting desperate now...

Neo-K 182
  • Neo-K 182

La Famiglia Di Corleone

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:15 AM

well we already know that Nintendo is working on a new gameboy with GameCube graphics with backwords compatability with GBA games, i guess this is just something to keep them going for the time being. besides, GBA games are still being produced. and with DS sales going down, i cant blame them for making a new GBA. though this one is very small, i might just stick with my SP.

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:22 AM

4 inches wide? lol.gif I'd probably break the thing while trying to focus on the damn screen.

What next? A 4x4" Gamecube that plays DS games?

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

Gone Fishin'

• None

Posted 19 May 2005 - 03:45 AM

Absolutely horrible - yet another failure to add to Nintendo's growing resume of putrid design & development concepts. The Gamecube had too many incompatability issues, the DS was too f*cking big, and this thing is too f*cking small. whatsthat.gif

I'd rather swing for a PSP.

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Cyclop have 9 years

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 May 2005 - 05:13 AM

Umm, does it come with a Mini? I hate it. Nintedon't need to hurry up and catch Sony and Microsoft or they will be out of the console and handheld race.

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 19 May 2005 - 03:21 PM

...... That is the worst piece of sh*t ive seen!Nintendo need to give up and stop trying.They are seriously desperate if they are re releasing there jurrasic game boy.Which i might add has sh*t graphics .Nintendo need to take there finger out of their big japanese arses and make something BIG.Otherwise as Iminicus said they will be out of the gaming race.Come on nintendo think!!!!! ..........

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:40 PM

That's pretty cool I guess. I won't be buying it though.

But damn that's tiny.

silver007
  • silver007

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:08 PM

im a Nintendo Fan, and well i agree with all of you, enough of the Gameboys!!!!

i have an SP, after it came out, like 20 other colors came out, then the DS, now this.........

well it would seem Nintendo is dying out, but not really...........

according to the Press conferance, Nintendo still owns 95% of the handheld market with the DS and Gameboy, plus the DS has sold more than the PSP, and the Gameboy more than the PS2, so they arent really out fot the count yet

as for there next console, Revolution

http://cubemedia.ign...17100456459.jpg

Looks cool, but By Far the weakest system..... PS3 and Xbox 360 own it, however, those 2 systems are going to be expensive, the PS3 is rumored to be about $400+

the Revolution may be cheaper...... plus it has the Ability to download EVERY single game avalible for the NES, SNES and N64, plus play gamecube games and its own Revolution games,
so its like all those consoles in one

but the price to download the famous titles like Goldeneye or Perfect dark or whatever game you can think of, is the real question......... is it an extra fee we have to pay for? or is it free so long as you have an internet access, and how many games can you download? whats the HD size??? (if there is one) and if we can download all the old games, will the be able to update the games? like make them better?

anyways, Nintedo is taking another risk by stepping away from Microsoft and Sony again like they did last generation, hopefully this decision dosent run them into the ground

Taxman
  • Taxman

I'm gonna sing the doom song now!

• Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:15 PM

Response from me and all of my friends: How the f*ck can you see with a screen roughly | | big?

ChaosAlert
  • ChaosAlert

Gaming enthusiast.

• Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 10:01 PM

When it comes to handhelds, graphics aren't important... imo. It's the gameplay that makes it really good. Apparently (and using this as an example) WW Twisted is getting some very good reviews, and it's just basic sprites and 2D graphics, but it's the concept of the game that makes those things not worth caring about. I myself don't mind games with sprites and stuff either, so it's easy to look past graphics and go for gameplay. smile.gif

Anyway, I'm gonna have to say that this GB Micro is... poorly thought out. It's just too damn small, and having huge buttons won't really help in this situation, sure it'd be hard to actully play a game on a small screen as well.

Unless this thing goes cheap, it's just not worth the cash.
Then again, it just may be an attempt to help sales. Although the DS and SP will do a hell of a lot better than this, I think.

Kayuni
  • Kayuni

idle

• Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 10:01 PM

What a stupid idea.

1. Why bring something like this out after your new product comes out, being the DS?
2. Isn't the damn SP small enough?
3. We don't need 3 versions of the same damn system.

Things like this are why I dislike Nintendo. Yay for Sony.

Neo-K 182
  • Neo-K 182

La Famiglia Di Corleone

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 May 2005 - 02:42 AM

yeah i'll admit making 3 different versions of the GBA is kind of stupid. if anything, just make a updated version of the SP with the added stuff that this one has (brightness adjustment, headphone jack)

this one is nice, but as many people have said, theres no need and it's just way to friggin small.

GBASP is still the best IMHO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users