Quantcast

» «
Photo

[Official] MYRIAD MONTHLY

22 replies to this topic

Poll: Shall we have a newsletter subscription for new MM issues? (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Shall we have a newsletter subscription for new MM issues?

1. No, the announcement on the forums and the website will be enough. (9 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

2. Yes, I'd like to receive a notification via email. (19 votes [48.72%])

Percentage of vote: 48.72%

3. Yes, I'd like to receive a notification via PM. (11 votes [28.21%])

Percentage of vote: 28.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote
mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:21 PM Edited by mickarrow, 24 May 2005 - 03:08 PM.

I started a new topic so I could keep editting the first post.

The idea is this:
Anyone who wants to write an article for Myriad Monthly, apply here.
State what you are going to write, so I can make a list here of what's being written by whom. This to avoid duplicate articles.

DON'T POST ARTICLES HERE!

If you have ideas about articles, but ,for example, not the time to write them, post them also. This could help people who are willing to write an article, but have no clue about what.
There's no lenght limit to your article. It can either be a short review or a large story.

Entry date: 27/05/05
(preferably sooner, so Gangsta Killa has the time to edit the articles)
How to supply your article: send it to [email protected]

MYRIAD MONTHLY

------------------------
ARTICLES
------------------------

- review of illy's new islands (JoaoBio)
- the history of Myriad (caponester)
- map modeler interview (Cran.)
- work in progress, upcoming releases : mapping related (definition_of_freak)
- anything to do with coding missions and such. (Knife)

-------
IDEAS
-------

- anything to do with the vehicle modelling: cars in development, release dates, interviews with modellers (Suction Testicle Man)
- pic of the month
- FAQ of the month

JoaoBio
  • JoaoBio

Ubuntu Linux!

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 05:26 PM

Yes i have an idea... I will write and make a review of illy's new islands, i will really like to work on that, than i can pass the article to gk to correct it and post it here... (of course that i can only make the article when i get the new islands smile.gif which will be soon i hope...

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2005 - 05:33 PM

I've already wrote my article on the history of Myriad, if you want I can send you it in a PM for checking and possible editing.

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 05:47 PM

@ JoaoBio: Don't post articles here.
@ caponester: I'll talk to GK about the editing routine.

@ all: info on how to submit will follow.
Also: great to still see some interest. Keep 'em coming tounge.gif

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• None

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:51 PM

I can do anything to do with the vehicle modelling - I'll do an article on any cars in development at the moment, their proposed release dates and even interviews with modellers if necessary tounge.gif

<3D

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:56 PM

All right, sounds great. I'll put them in the ideas section for now. If you've got anything particular, I'll add it to the articles section. So maybe other people could write about the vehicles too smile.gif .
Thanks for your support

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 18 May 2005 - 06:02 AM

I'll do anything with map modeler interviews and such. Maybe a interview with JasonB or something like that.

definition_of_freak
  • definition_of_freak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 May 2005 - 08:02 AM

i'd like to write about work in progress, upcoming releases and, if in the next week there happens to be any, NEW releases.

I probably won't go into too much detail, more like a big outline leading into other articles (such as JoaoBio article on illy's new islands).

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• None

Posted 18 May 2005 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (mickarrow @ May 17 2005, 20:56)
All right, sounds great. I'll put them in the ideas section for now. If you've got anything particular, I'll add it to the articles section. So maybe other people could write about the vehicles too smile.gif .
Thanks for your support

I mean I'll do an article on it; I'll think of a headline and name for it soon. So can definition_of_freak steer clear of vehicle development? And perhaps everything else too apart from one specific area, such as coding or mapping? He's basically proposing to do half of the newspaper, and we haven't even seen any of his work.

<3D

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 03:41 PM

I hear you STM, and I'm sure d_o_f will steer clear of vehicles if you insist. But you can't tell him to steer clear of everything but one subject. Its not like we got tons of writers right now. I wish we had, but it's not.
I do would like to know what d_o_f means by 'like a big outline leading into other articles '. Does this means you're not writing own articles?

I got a question for all of you: What should the newsletter be named? I just said Myriad Monthly ''cause, well, basically that's what it is. Twistie called it The Myriad Star, wich also got a ring to it.
I'm asking this 'cause I'm currently making example lay-outs and therefore I really need to know what you all would like to name it.

Here's the banner Twistie made

user posted image

Caponester's banner got a good newspaper feel to it, but I'd like to keep it in the colors of the website.
I'm not asking for banners, but if you wish, you could make them off course. The reason why is because I most likely will need to be able to change it so it'll fit in the lay-outs I'm making.

also: WRITER'S NEEDED!! if you people want to read more then one issue.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:10 PM

I've already sent my article away, hope it was recieved!

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 21 May 2005 - 09:22 AM

I can do something, any ideas?

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:21 AM

Off course you can help, everybody can biggrin.gif

Just check the 'ideas section' in the first post if you're looking for inspiration.

@Caponester: I thought your article was very good. I haven't heard GK yet, but my girlfriend read it and she said it read very well smile.gif .If you've got any more of such articles in you, please let them out.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:34 AM Edited by Cran., 21 May 2005 - 11:36 AM.

I'm done. I'm sure you'll love this one, it has a couple of surprises. I sent it to that email address.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 21 May 2005 - 02:31 PM

I have written an article about mission coding and sent it to the address

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 24 May 2005 - 06:53 AM

I've recivied the articles and am in the process of editing them. Can you please send any articles as plain text, colours fine, but no attachments. Thanks.

definition_of_freak
  • definition_of_freak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 May 2005 - 12:20 PM

i apologize for my absence. getting stupid computer fixed.

sorry if i came across as trying to, "take over" the project. I was going to do a brief outline on everything, but i guess i'll stick to mapping.

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 25 May 2005 - 06:36 PM

@ JoaoBio: The islands are out for testing. I guess you could start on that review now.

@ everyone: WRITERS WANTED!!

buchsi
  • buchsi

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 May 2005 - 06:46 PM

Here! Maybe I can write something smile.gif

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:10 PM

Glad to hear that smile.gif Another volunteer.

Well, basically, all you need to know is in the first post. There are quite a few areas uncovered for the moment, or maybe you have an idea already...
Everything's welcome.

@ all writers: To stop Myriad Monthly from dying after the first issue, we'll need more articles. I'm not asking for anyone to commit themselves on a regular basis, I was just wondering if the people who wrote so far are interested in doing this every month, or just for the first issue? It's not so that one-time work isn't appreciated (it is, very much in fact) but it would be great to have a regular team on this one.
Or maybe people could write in advance, like car reviews or lot reviews. There are allready a lot of cars and lots released. Those could all be reviewed. This wouldn't mean all those reviews should be placed in one issue. More like spread out over various issues, giving Myriad Monthly a better chance of surviving.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:32 AM

Yep sign me up for the regular team cool.gif

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:26 PM

Since the newsletter subscription question was brought up again, I've attached a poll. Basically, we'll announce a new issue of Myriad Monthly in a thread here on the forum, as well as at the website. So if you care, you won't miss it. But if enough people want it, we could also send out a notification email or PM, linking to the latest issue. Please vote.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2005 - 11:55 AM

Bump smile.gif

So how is the issue coming, I assume a release will be soon if you guys have got all the sh*t together.

How are you gonna lay it out? I assume MyriadIslands.com will host the issue and of course all the back issues if we ever make another one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users