Photo

I'm quiting video games

29 replies to this topic
street cheetah
  • street cheetah

When

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:57 PM

Video games bore me. First it was the PS2. I never even beat GTA:SA, Spiderman 2, and countless other titles. I tried playing yesterday, but was horribly bored after minutes. Sports games are okay I thought, but I tried playing some today with no luck. All video games suck now. I think this is true for me because it feels like I am wasting my time and its not really fun. If something was fun, but is time wasting, I'd be for it still. But no. Counter Strike for the PC was a game I used to play about 16/6. Now I play it for about 10 minutes on servers and get bored. I run around with an SMG.

I am going wait 10 years until I buy another console, which means no PS3 or Xbox360 or PSP. I really am NOT excited about any of the games that have been announced to come out, and even if I was, I am going to hold back because I know I will lose interest before completing the game. The reason I am going to wait and not get next generation stuff is that maybe in 10 years or more, there will be something TRULY revolutionary in games. What's going to be in the next gen consoles? Better graphics? I don't care how good the graphics are unless they look like a real life movie or video when playing. Or maybe something like virtual reality would interest me. I'm not saying the "VR" things that are out now that are 3d or whatever. I mean VR that actually seems like you are in a whole different world. Like if you go to plug into the Matrix kind of thing. Or like how in Star Trek, they had VR rooms that were like real life.

So f*ck all of these new gaming consoles until something really revolutionary interests me. I think it is for the best. I do not want to waste anymore of my life getting fake "skills" and upgrades in games that mean nothing.

JSAN ANDREAS
  • JSAN ANDREAS

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:01 AM

wow... just wow. That's a really really long break. I hope you're up for it or don't break your promise.

Bet $5 it won't happen though..hehe..10 years?!?! dayumm! biggrin.gif

street cheetah
  • street cheetah

When

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:16 AM

I'm not saying I am going to burn all of my consoles and games or sell them...If I am bored one day I might try to put in an old PS2 or PC game...I'm just not going to buy anything else. But I am going to sell a lot of my stuff actually.

I think I can make it! sly.gif

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:20 AM

Sometimes it jst takes a good 3 month break and/or a new console to get a person back into gaming.

You will be back on some time within the next year if you are bored with gaming right now.

-Its called mathmatics. Look it up dummy.

Bartleby
  • Bartleby

In Prop Inc, party finds you!

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:34 AM

This makes both financial and logical sense. If you don't buy $50 games or $250 consoles for the next decade or so, you can keep that money and spend it on other stuff. Perhaps you coud have saved up some of that cash, which would come in handy for a new console some time down the line. Because by 2015, I assume consoles will exist that will blow PS3 and XBOX2 completely out of the water.

If you can hold out for 10 full years of no new games, good on you. Just be prepared to become bored with the games you have now.

Hope
  • Hope

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:56 AM

Well, assuming that this promise is carried to its fullest extent I sincerely say you will miss a lot of important gaming systems/video games/important things...blah...blah...blah. But, it's your choice and if you're happy with it wonderful.

Malfattore
  • Malfattore

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:03 AM

Well, whatever floats your boat. You'll probably miss out on some great games, though. confused.gif

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

Say hi to your mom for me.

• United-States

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:07 AM

I'm way ahead of you, street. I stopped playing games when I was about 13 years old in 1994. At that time I had already given up consoles and just played pc games on a 486, but PCs became exponentially faster and I found myself unable to run anything worth a damn. I didn't touch another system until summer 2000 when I bought a PSOne for 50 bucks one day out of boredom. I was blown away by NFS and Duke Nukem, but by the end of 2000, I was too busy with college and sh*t to care. The next system was a P4 1.8GHz PC that I bought in February 2002 (I had a Pentium II before that, but never gamed on it). Soon after I stumbled across Max Payne and was blown away again. Then I found GTA3 and knew I was f*cked.

But now that I've been playing both PC and console games for the past 3 years consistently, I'm about ready to bow out again for a good 2-3 years. It'll take a lot to keep me interested into next year.

Nate Baker1
  • Nate Baker1

Back...for a little

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:08 AM

Yeah I got bored with SA also but I still like to play the NBA games. Other games are ok but some bor me just like you said. I dont know if that break will last but good luck. There is always, ah life.

TOGA62
  • TOGA62

The Prophecy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:52 AM

for me I don't often play games. I feel kinda bad actually, I get games as like gifts, and hardly play them. I only played killzone once. blush.gif

i think when I go to college, gaming will become a much bigger thing for me. (hopefully) I really would like to play my ps2 more often. Will I get a new gaming system? naw, probably not. Well, the PSP. But thats only because I haven't gotten a handheld in like 3 or 4 years. I mostly stick to COD for PC whenever I find myself REALLY bored.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:23 AM

Also remember that depending on your age, some people will eventually get out of the habit of being a gamer in exchange for their future whether it be raising a family or dedicating their life to their career. So yeah if you can do without for 10 years then I say power to you!

I don't agree that gaming has become boring, I'll admit that there's a lot of sh*t to sort through to find decent games but other then that gaming is great especially with online gameplay dominating.

TheUtero
  • TheUtero

Andolini Badfella

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:31 AM

All I got to say to that is HA! You were born a gamer and you will always be a gamer. I can never see you quitting video games SC. It's like quitting drinking or weed, YOU will never do it.

Personally, I got bored of console games a long time ago. The only thing that still drives me to play any kind of video games is competition, I love competition. I could never play a single-player game for more than 10 minutes.

street cheetah
  • street cheetah

When

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:41 AM

If gaming is still fun for you then that's cool...just for me I really don't have fun playing them. I hope you guys have lots of fun playing all the cool games that will be out in the next decade.

I mean this past year from last summer to now I haven't played much console games, especially this last semester at college when I just left my PS2 at home. I have not been blown away with any of the supposed amazing games that came out last year. HL2 was the best out of all of them, but I never even finished it because I didn't care and it was boring to me. Halo2, MGS3, GTA:SA...all of the big games all seemed boring to me. Didn't like em. I could have guessed Xcomm thinks the same way as me somehow, haha. Utero, you know that I haven't been playing as much this past year...especially my PS2. :-P But yeah, single player games especially are just over for me I am pretty sure. Hanging out with some friends and playing some N64 or Halo could be alright. I'm not sad about missing out on cool games either. I plan on doing many things that will benefit my career and life. I was such a successful pimp in the Sims 2 too. tounge.gif

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:10 AM

You know, I've had those same feelings with the same games lately... All my friends love video games but lately I get bored easily playing Halo 2 with people, and CS:S.

I just haven't had those feelings to the extent you have. I plan on getting a PSP and then I'm done for a while myself.

Hamburger
  • Hamburger

Yes It's me

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:14 AM

You too? Same for me, video games bore the sh*t out of me nowa days.

RoAcHcliP
  • RoAcHcliP

bong system

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:19 AM Edited by RoAcHcliP, 17 May 2005 - 01:20 PM.

You sure your not gonna have a crack at half life 3? that'll be out within ten years?

I also didnt bother to finish san andreas, or mgs3 so i kinda know what your talking about.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ May 17 2005, 12:53)
I don't agree that gaming has become boring, I'll admit that there's a lot of sh*t to sort through to find decent games but other then that gaming is great especially with online gameplay dominating.

100% with you there mate. Some games just dissapoint me, i'm just surpised with all the sh*t that can get on the market. Well all know, most of this generation, and most of next generation will play video games. But I haven't seen alot of adults play games, but I have seen alot of 19-20 year olds play. They might play on for a while, who knows game consoles might become like a TV, as in everyone has one, or you unless are poor or something! Online is great too, nice to social lise with real people, and real competition.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:59 PM

Well at the moment I too am not that excited about the new consoles but its only because I honestly don't think I can afford to keep myself up to date with gaming be it the games or the hardware to run them. My PC is almost on the brink of extinction, and I feel that the last of the great games on the current consoles have passed so while I am not exactly bored of gaming just not able to support my gaming habits. Getting onto Xbox Live has given me a slight kick of the ole gaming addiction but I am afraid it will soon die off.

YoStone
  • YoStone

I WILL rule the world some day

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:05 PM

games will proberbly never get boring to me if rockstar keeps making Gta games

Macintire Sniper
  • Macintire Sniper

irRashonel

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:28 PM

I love it when you get all speechy SC. inlove.gif

But seriously, i too arent excited/interested in the new consoles and games that are coming out. Yeah some games i see previews of [like GT4] and i'm like "wow, looks sweet."..but i dont wet my panties and mark it on my calendar. I've only ever played SA because i rented it for 2 nights, and even then i was too stoned to play it. The only games i AM interested in is PC games, only for the Multiplayer factor of the games i have, like Battlefield1942, Call of Duty and LOTR : Battle for middle earth.

I really hoped the whole virtual reality thing would have broken through by now, but i guess not. I also get mad when i see amazing things like a few month ago a guy designed a printer that could print and MAKE 3D objects just from technical and designer co-ordinates and information, yet all it got was about a half-inch column on a paper with a picture of one of the giant chess pieces he'd managed to make with his machine...sh*t like that pisses me off.

gumballs
  • gumballs

Please do not read this writing

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:30 PM

not to be nasty but i reckon you wont be able to last a year.....
I didnt last a month....Or a week....
You might not want to give up when you try....Runescape!!!!!!

dozingoff.gif

scabo19
  • scabo19

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:54 PM

I agree with yall.Gaming seems dead.The only thing i was excited for in the past year was SA PC.Wont be playing much other games than that this year.The next big thing for me is that new zelda for gamecube.As i got older games seemed less interesting.Its all a matter of ur age and responsibilities.I have started calling myself less of a gamer but a GTAer.I remember the good old days when i was a nintendo fanboy but those days r gone probably 4eva.I am really impressed by the ps3 though maybe that might get me back into gaming.It is good to take like a 3 month break from gaming every now and then.I predict by nex yr i'll b still into gaming but not half as much.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:03 PM

Man, that is one tough decision. You still could play classic games like Super Mario because you do not like games these days smile.gif. Good luck with this I guess, but I am pretty sure you will start gaming again when you see a PlayStation 3 when it comes out that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif.

Vintage
  • Vintage

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:29 AM

I hear ya. I'm trying to get out of gaming myself. I have tried many times. It's hard but if you can pull it off, you'll be doing yourself a favor by focusing on your career and spending your money on stuff that you will need. Good luck and if you somehow start thinking, " man these new consoles look awesome", then just ignore that little voice in your head. Put your goals before your needs.

_-playero-_
  • _-playero-_

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (Bartleby @ May 17 2005, 00:34)
This makes both financial and logical sense. If you don't buy $50 games or $250 consoles for the next decade or so, you can keep that money and spend it on other stuff. Perhaps you coud have saved up some of that cash, which would come in handy for a new console some time down the line. Because by 2015, I assume consoles will exist that will blow PS3 and XBOX2 completely out of the water.

If you can hold out for 10 full years of no new games, good on you. Just be prepared to become bored with the games you have now.

But you can enjoy the hell out of the PS3 now.... enough reason the buy it, but this is just my opinion...

@topic starter: I believe you; I know this mop, who used like PS games and PS2's GTAIII and VC, but after GTA:SA he stoped liking* video games...

*OMG f*ck i'm just not sure....

Huitzilopochtli
  • Huitzilopochtli

Guitar Hero FTW

• Members

Posted 18 May 2005 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (street cheetah @ May 16 2005, 23:57)
Video games bore me. First it was the PS2. I never even beat GTA:SA, Spiderman 2, and countless other titles. I tried playing yesterday, but was horribly bored after minutes. Sports games are okay I thought, but I tried playing some today with no luck. All video games suck now. I think this is true for me because it feels like I am wasting my time and its not really fun. If something was fun, but is time wasting, I'd be for it still. But no. Counter Strike for the PC was a game I used to play about 16/6. Now I play it for about 10 minutes on servers and get bored. I run around with an SMG.

Wow I have become the same way. I just turned 16 and video games basically suck now. I also play sports games occasionly WITH MY FRIENDS. The only game i still love playing by myself is Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time( inlove.gif ). NFL Street 1 and 2, Madden 05, NBA Live 2005, and Halo 2 (with friends) are pretty much the only games I still enjoy somewhat.

MsNobody
  • MsNobody

Playstation Portable

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:15 PM

I feel you. I haven't bought a new game since San Andreas came out. A few games have come out that have caught my interest but I haven't gotten around to spending $50 on each one. When I was younger, I didn't care about how much the games cost but now I think it's ridiculous how much they charge people. I already ever beat any games anyways.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• Members

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:22 PM

I don't play games myself, so I can only support you.

I play a very few games when at my friends, mostly stuff like Myst and Civilization. Else, no gaming for me.

fox09
  • fox09

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 18 May 2005 - 08:43 PM

I have mostly lost interest in consoles, I've been trying desperately to get a new comp, or atleast upgrade my sh*tty one, not working very well. So I'm going to sell my PS2 with my games and get a better comp.

CJ's other brother
  • CJ's other brother

^^Jaguar Select Super V8

• Members

Posted 18 May 2005 - 11:21 PM

I dont play video games for a while, then I start playing when I get a new game. THen I beat that and i just stop playing for another couple months. I couldnt go ten years without them though. Also, there are a lot better things to do then just play video games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users