AA Graphics Settings?

5 replies to this topic
Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2005 - 10:36 PM

This might sounds like a strange question.
I need to know what the default graphic settings are for America's Army, really just the Gamma, Brightness and Contrast.

My old monitor was really dark and I had to adjust those settings to be able to see half of the time, which is why I hated night maps to much.
My new monitor is very bright and AA looks almost washed out, and I did lower the settings but I'd like to know what the defaults are to set those and then take same camera pics to show some friends the difference of what I use to go through while playing AA and other games.

So if you've never messed with those settings, please let me know what they are.
The resolution and everything else isn't needed.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:04 AM

This can be locked or removed

It seems AA 2.4.0 just game out and the full installer (no incremental update that I ever found) over writes everything including the settings and it looks like their are all at a default setting.

supersupra
  • supersupra

Banzai driver.

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 08:16 AM

So what is the default settings of the brightness, gamma and contrast, lol by mistake i pressed F7 and F8. cryani.gif

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:58 PM Edited by wolf68k, 17 May 2005 - 08:12 PM.

Brightness = .80
Gamma = 1.0
Contrast = .70

Turns out there is a file in \America's Army\System\ called Default.ini that list all of the default settings like this
If you want adjust your by hand, in the same folder find ArmyOps.ini
Search for WinDrv.WindowsClient
And defaults here should look like
Brightness=0.800000
Constrast=0.700000
Gamma=1.000000

It's kind of funny to scroll further down and see a listing for the Xbox settings; XboxDrv.XboxClient

BTW, if you want to unbind F7 and F8 so you don't hit them on accdent then in that same folder find User.ini and find Gamma + and Brightness + and delete those words but leave the F7= and F8= part.
Or you can bind them to something else within the game

supersupra
  • supersupra

Banzai driver.

• Members

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:53 PM

Thanks man cookie.gif , sh*t why didnt i think about that (default file) suicidal.gif

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2005 - 04:54 PM

Don't feel bad I didn't think of it either for a while.

Hey since we're both having problems with AA let me ask thing.
Since getting 2.4.0, I click on Deployment, then Missions, set the mission I want, but when I click Deploy nothing happens.
Do you get this too or is it just me?
I could have sworn it worked after installing 2.4.0, but since I was also playing with 2.3.0 just before downloading 2.4.0 I can't remember if it did for 2.4.0 or not.
I even completely uninstalled it and then redownloaded and reinstalled it again, and it's still the same.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users