Photo

Rumblepad

12 replies to this topic
nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 16 May 2005 - 12:23 PM

Hey there. If I'll play SA (or let's now think of VC, since the engine is same) can you move your character just like in PS2 with Logitech Rumblepad analogic sticks?. I just want to know that should I buy one since I don't want to spend money for nothing, how would I anyways move my character then?

salibaba
  • salibaba

[GL]Salibaba

• Members

Posted 16 May 2005 - 01:06 PM

yes the sticks do work, the corntoller can be seup up to work with the following exeptions

1. the pause menu cannot be bound to any key on the conrtoller ie. start

2. there is no vibration feature in vc but it can be put in with an emulator, we are unsure if force feedback will be in SA

3. the buttons are not pressure sensitive

oneeyedziggy
  • oneeyedziggy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 May 2005 - 03:23 PM

what about those of us using a ps2 controller and an adapter like joybox4

salibaba
  • salibaba

[GL]Salibaba

• Members

Posted 16 May 2005 - 03:56 PM

I dont know much about the controller adapters but I assume they come with software but at the least the axis' shold work by the same principles as any pc contoller when its hooked up, though im not sure because of things like the pressure controls on the dualshock controller for ps2, any1 else kno about these things??

*EDIT* also if you were meaning does the controllers work in the same way then points 1 +2 in my last post still apply but im not sure about the pressure buttons

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 16 May 2005 - 04:03 PM Edited by nlitement, 16 May 2005 - 04:05 PM.

So basically on a vehicle my turns would be "tick tock"? :s

edit: Is there autoaim included in PC ver. SA?

Hey looks like you have the same Rumblepad I'm going to buy Salibaba, does it work fine in your opinion. You tried? smile.gif

Samutz
  • Samutz

if ($lol) { die(rofl()); }

• Members

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:03 PM

Any gamepad, with or without adapter, will work as long as it is DirectInput compatible (and enough buttons). And nearly every gamepad made now and days is. Logithech's Rumblepad should definately be compatible. I have a Logitech Rumblepad2, which works great, as side from VC and 3 not supporting force feedback..

If you are unsure if your gamepad supports DirectInput, load DirectX Diagnostics (Start -> Run -> 'dxdiag'), click the Input tab and look at the list at the top. It should show Mouse, Keyboard, and then any gamepads you have plugged in.
Exmaple: http://img99.echo.cx...gamepads3oc.gif

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (Samutz @ May 16 2005, 17:03)
Any gamepad, with or without adapter, will work as long as it is DirectInput compatible (and enough buttons). And nearly every gamepad made now and days is. Logithech's Rumblepad should definately be compatible. I have a Logitech Rumblepad2, which works great, as side from VC and 3 not supporting force feedback..

If you are unsure if your gamepad supports DirectInput, load DirectX Diagnostics (Start -> Run -> 'dxdiag'), click the Input tab and look at the list at the top. It should show Mouse, Keyboard, and then any gamepads you have plugged in.
Exmaple: http://img99.echo.cx...gamepads3oc.gif

Thanks for clearing stuff out smile.gif. But as salibaba said, won't be necesarilly pressure sens. I mean, the axis does turn cars smoothly, can you "walk" with this other axis?

salibaba
  • salibaba

[GL]Salibaba

• Members

Posted 16 May 2005 - 06:19 PM

yes you can walk, its basicly the same as having a Dualshock controller from a PS2. you can walk and you can also set up the controls to classic mode so that you can use the controls exactly loike on the ps2 (with auto aim) but if you stck to standard mode the player does not move in the same way and the targeting is turned off also.

NTK
  • NTK

I bet i die more then you!

• Members

Posted 16 May 2005 - 06:42 PM

If you push a joystick slightly forward you walk slow faster when you put it further that is the same way as the PS2 controller

jesushumper
  • jesushumper

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 May 2005 - 08:05 PM

I have a Rumblepad 2 as well, and it works just as well and i think it -feels- better than the ps2 controller.

Using the Wingman softare you can bind ANY key, or combination of keystrokes to any of the buttons.

Graduating pressures on teh sticks shoudl work just fine.

go buy one, it's quite worth the money.

I think I'll use teh keyboard+mouse for travelling on foot, and the controller for driving. Hoepfully it wont' be too annoying having to switch all the time.

And check out

hxxp://www.wingmanteam.com/

for game profiles that others have made.

22 days left .

sigh

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:32 AM

Thank you very much!!

sanandreas
  • sanandreas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (salibaba @ May 16 2005, 13:06)
2. there is no vibration feature in vc but it can be put in with an emulator

Where can I get an vibration emulator for my Rumblepad II?

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (sanandreas @ May 17 2005, 12:15)
QUOTE (salibaba @ May 16 2005, 13:06)
2. there is no vibration feature in vc but it can be put in with an emulator

Where can I get an vibration emulator for my Rumblepad II?

Well, maybe the upcoming GTA won't need an emulator? smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users