» «
Photo

DDR MAX 2

8 replies to this topic
RearEndCollision
  • RearEndCollision

Lucid Dreams.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:45 AM Edited by RearEndCollision, 16 May 2005 - 05:48 AM.

DDR MAX 2

user posted image

General Information

Genre:
Dancing

Developer:
Konami

Publisher:
Konami

Players:
1-2

General Price:
$29.99(US)

Learning Curve:
Depends Greatly.

ESRB Rating:
E - Everyone

Release Date:
09/23/2003

The Review:

Introduction

When most people think of DDR, they think of the insane kids in the arcades that can move quicker then the speed of sound. Thus making the normal person too embarrassed person too afraid to get up the balls to just get up there and dance. Luckily, Konami has brought DDR home a while ago, and with the latest installment, they hope to bring it home to the masses.

Graphics

There is nothing lost from the graphics at the arcade, to the ones on your personal TV. The arrows still come in a varity of diffrent colors, and all kinds of diffrent directions, none of which look bad on the regular TV. (I just ended two three straight sentences with the word TV. wow.gif ) In fact, the graphics look somewhat better, mostly because the screens at the arcades arenít the highest of quality. The characters that can dance on the screen look sketchy though, along with a few of the videos. All over good though.9.0/10

Sound

For once, sound is the biggest part of a review. The sound track of this version of DDR is one of the most well rounded ones. There are many of the classic songs the made DDR what it is , while also a great mix of brand new songs, which appeal to a "American" audience. The quality of the music is just like it was coming off a CD with just music. Another all over good section.9.4/10

Gameplay

Here's the hard part of this review, because unlike the arcade version, the "at-home" one does not come with a pad to play on. So, the person buying the game has to dish out at least another $20 just to get a horrible pad, and at least $60 to get a nice one. With the cheap plastic pad that slides all over, the gameplay sucks because it becomes much more frustrating. With the expensive pad, it becomes better, but one has to ask themselves, "Is it worth $100+ just to play DDR at home?" Anyone can play with the controller, but really, how fun is that?7.0/10

Lasting Appeal

Well, this is an easy one. If you love playing DDR, then the lasting appeal is there is a strong sense, because you'll always play. If you're not a big fan, it'll still be good to pop in while a bunch of friends are over. Either way, it'll almost always get some use.8.5/10

Final Comments

For most people DDR is either a love or hate situation. If you love it, you'll probably agree with my review. If you hate it, you won't. Simple as that. smile.gif

Overall Rating: 8.5

Neo-K 182
  • Neo-K 182

La Famiglia Di Corleone

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2005 - 12:07 PM

old game, but damn good review. and DDR is one game that never does end.

me and a bunch of my friends always hang out at one of our friends houses to play DDR, we play MAX, MAX2, and Extreme. so much fun, especially with the foam pads instead of the flimsy plastic sheet ones.

gotta love DDR. inlove.gif

Tetsuo2501
  • Tetsuo2501

TV Casualty

• The Connection

Posted 16 May 2005 - 06:10 PM

odd. this looks alot like my old reviews when i used to write for the gang weekly tounge.gif

RearEndCollision
  • RearEndCollision

Lucid Dreams.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (Tetsuo2501 @ May 16 2005, 12:10)
odd. this looks alot like my old reviews when i used to write for the gang weekly tounge.gif

Like I could copy you. tounge.gif

Nah, I just decided to write one last night and this just happened to be the game. I'm doing if for the review topic Tet.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:40 PM

Cool review, RearEndCollision! And cool game as well, I played it recently at a friend's place, and it was a nice game.

Technical Difficulty
  • Technical Difficulty

Run for your life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:05 PM

I lost 5lbs in 2 weeks playing that game. It really works. I should get back to playing that, I was always really active when I played it.

Tetsuo2501
  • Tetsuo2501

TV Casualty

• The Connection

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (RearEndCollision @ May 16 2005, 18:42)

Nah, I just decided to write one last night and this just happened to be the game. I'm doing if for the review topic Tet.

i know i know, i just felt like busting your balls a bit.

RearEndCollision
  • RearEndCollision

Lucid Dreams.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 18 May 2005 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (Tetsuo2501 @ May 17 2005, 13:11)
QUOTE (RearEndCollision @ May 16 2005, 18:42)

i know i know, i just felt like busting your balls a bit.

That's not all you like to do to them, now is it. wow.gif

Oh wait, sXe. wink.gif Damnit.

Tetsuo2501
  • Tetsuo2501

TV Casualty

• The Connection

Posted 18 May 2005 - 03:03 AM

tounge.gif i can look past certin aspects of the thought of sXe lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users