» «
Photo

Auto-Bigiographies

5 replies to this topic
Thunda
  • Thunda

The O.P. is back

• Members

Posted 15 May 2005 - 07:17 PM Edited by Thunda, 15 May 2005 - 07:19 PM.

Introduction

Have you ever wanted to tell your history to the forums, or have you ever wanted to read about what happened in the beginning days of GTAForums™? Well I have, and I believe alot of other people have too. Think about it, the newer members would stop asking questions like, "What happened back then", or "How did the gang scene used to be".

Why?

This would benefit everyone, to a degree. Modders could write a biography about themselves, and tell about all their mods, and how they did it. Gang Scene members could tell about how it used to be, Back In the Day™. Staff members could describe their rise to their current positions.
While not all of us have crazy and amazing stories to tell, their are definately quite a lot out there. I know of one for sure. I remember a while ago, when Vido Corleone made a topic about all his past in the PGC. He got alot of responses and alot of people learned about how the scene used to be, and how fun it once was.

How would it work?

The way it could work is, ONLY the person can write about themselves. Nobody would be able to write your life stories for you. Even 'Bu$ted' members could send their stories into staff, and have them posted. The best way to have it so that all the topics are in Alphabetical order. If not, you could just search the "Autobiography Forum" for a member's story. Also, all the topics would have to contain JUST their member name. A good idea would be to have a space in every members profile where they can link to their Auto-Biography. You may even want to pin the best Auto-Biographies.

Extra Info

I suppose the forum would have to be checked over quite a bit. It would probably be benfitial if you appointed atleast two led-bys, to keep the forum in check. People reporting topics, would weed out most of the problems, which I doubt there would be.

In closing, thanks for your time, and hopefully you see the benefits of this well-thought-out idea smile.gif .

Rotten
  • Rotten

Average Mug™

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 May 2005 - 07:22 PM

if they care that much, they've got search

they should use it

Thunda
  • Thunda

The O.P. is back

• Members

Posted 15 May 2005 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (Rotten @ May 15 2005, 14:22)

they should use it

Yeah, but alot of topics have been binned or just plain deleted. Not to mention, some things people could explain are just the general feels of how things were amd how it used to be. Not all of those would be expressed in topics.

Rotten
  • Rotten

Average Mug™

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 May 2005 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (Thunda @ May 15 2005, 20:24)
QUOTE (Rotten @ May 15 2005, 14:22)

they should use it

Yeah, but alot of topics have been binned or just plain deleted. Not to mention, some things people could explain are just the general feels of how things were amd how it used to be. Not all of those would be expressed in topics.

it is very easy to feel the mood when reading most peoples post, imo anyway

it just sounds to me like you're giving the staff more work then they need..

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 May 2005 - 07:46 PM

OMG I HAVE A FANTASTIC IDEA.

How about we just make it as a field in the Profile? wow.gif wow.gif wow.gif

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 15 May 2005 - 07:53 PM

It might make for some interesting reading, but I doubt it would be active enough to warrant it's own section.
(EDIT)
Fixed typo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users