Photo

San Andreas freaks and Site Owners

17 replies to this topic
rats
  • rats

Art Vandelay

• Members

Posted 14 May 2005 - 07:23 PM

I was making a countdown tutorial in flash mx, and I was facing a problem: What do i contdown? Since i don't ghive a s*** about nothing else than GTA San Andreas, of course i made a countdown until it's release for PC & Xbox (USA and Europe) .

So (I am not making any hidden publicty), if you have a site, or your best friend has one, it would be nice if you/he/she would place this 350x25 px "banner" on some page.

Links to the SWFs are:

http://img.photobuck...ountdown_eu.swf
http://img.photobuck...ountdown_us.swf

When you click the flash, you're redirected to San Andreas' official site in _blank, so the visitor will still be on your page.
After the Countdown ends (i can't wait) a nice animation with Get GTA San Andreas NOW!!! will show (with the same redirection to SA's official site.

If someone else needs another background color (default i made it black), you can mail me at: [email protected]

p.s. i repeat, i am not making any publicity... i hosted the files on photobucket (not on my own site) and there is no hidden stuff.

(now you can tell me how stupid the idea is an how lame am I)

Danny_Boy
  • Danny_Boy

Ravin' Since 1990

• Members

Posted 14 May 2005 - 07:31 PM

I think its a very good idea. You just need to find people who will put it on their site.

n³wton
  • n³wton

webmonkey

• Members

Posted 14 May 2005 - 07:50 PM

Ave added one @ my site smile.gif looks great, although is there any change of one, that contains both US / EU Countdowns on 1 Banner? Saying that it may be a little crammed! whatsthat.gif

Raindancer
  • Raindancer

Beer monster

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 14 May 2005 - 07:53 PM

I'll just move this to PC/Xbox area.

All aboard this topic is about to depart.

rats
  • rats

Art Vandelay

• Members

Posted 14 May 2005 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (n³wton @ May 14 2005, 19:50)
Ave added one @ my site smile.gif looks great, although is there any change of one, that contains both US / EU Countdowns on 1 Banner? Saying that it may be a little crammed! whatsthat.gif

just give me the sizes you want Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

@Raindancer. sorry. I know that being a n00b on the forum it's not an excuse, but... my bad for posting in the wrong section. thanks for moving it :hug:

gtasanandreasmaster
  • gtasanandreasmaster

SAN ANDREAS !!!!!!!!!!&a

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2005 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (n³wton @ May 14 2005, 19:50)

off topic
ur site is realy good man keep it up

on topic
good counter rat

xj39eldiablo
  • xj39eldiablo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 May 2005 - 09:59 PM

gg rats i expect you to make a countdown for the next gta ...

bob the noob
  • bob the noob

Hatesu

• Members

Posted 14 May 2005 - 10:23 PM Edited by bob the noob, 14 May 2005 - 10:50 PM.

too bad can't be added as a desktop item wink.gif ... tired all i got was white screen tounge.gif and the us release should read north america .... canada isn't apart of the us! same day! wink.gif

_Raziel_
  • _Raziel_

Hitman

• Members

Posted 14 May 2005 - 11:00 PM Edited by _Raziel_, 14 May 2005 - 11:02 PM.

Nice one rats biggrin.gif
San Andreas is "In My Eyes" Probably the best game ever made.

murph_fan51
  • murph_fan51

GTA:SA PC- 7.6.05

• Members

Posted 15 May 2005 - 12:25 AM

I've set that as my homepage now!! rolleyes.gif

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 15 May 2005 - 03:23 AM

Azkoyen released the source to his PHP-powered, image-based countdown script a while back in WD&P. The advantage of his script is that you can use the countdown in your sig on boards that don't allow inline SWF files.

Basti
  • Basti

Killerhamster

• Members

Posted 15 May 2005 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (Opius @ May 15 2005, 03:23)
Azkoyen released the source to his PHP-powered, image-based countdown script a while back in WD&P. The advantage of his script is that you can use the countdown in your sig on boards that don't allow inline SWF files.

Yes, but unfortunately the IPB doesn't accept php images in signatures, i've made a nice countdown sig, but can't use it here sad.gif :
user posted image

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:02 AM

You've sort of proven yourself wrong by posting the working PHP version tounge.gif
Though I know that's not standard.

You can just add something like '?image=coundown.png' to the end of the file. Assuming the argument isn't used, it will be ignored and the image will be return as usual, while IPB still thinks it's a normal PNG image.

Basti
  • Basti

Killerhamster

• Members

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (Opius @ May 15 2005, 10:02)
You've sort of proven yourself wrong by posting the working PHP version tounge.gif
Though I know that's not standard.

You can just add something like '?image=coundown.png' to the end of the file. Assuming the argument isn't used, it will be ignored and the image will be return as usual, while IPB still thinks it's a normal PNG image.

Yeah, thank you cookie.gif smile.gif

25 Days smile.gif
And before that a maths, english and latin test, a german essay and on 6.18 a french test. sad.gif .
School sucks sad.gif

oneeyedziggy
  • oneeyedziggy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 May 2005 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (bob the noob @ May 14 2005, 22:23)
too bad can't be added as a desktop item wink.gif ... tired all i got was white screen

try making a blank webpage with the banner on it, then setting the html file as your desktop, it should work.

bob the noob
  • bob the noob

Hatesu

• Members

Posted 15 May 2005 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE (oneeyedziggy @ May 15 2005, 07:11)
QUOTE (bob the noob @ May 14 2005, 22:23)
too bad can't be added as a desktop item wink.gif ... tired all i got was white screen

try making a blank webpage with the banner on it, then setting the html file as your desktop, it should work.

easy for you to say!! all i knwo about html is that is stands to hype text markup language tounge.gif

oneeyedziggy
  • oneeyedziggy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:04 AM

copy the code below into notepad, and the arrows should line up so that the <!---->'s get a line each, and save the file as Countdown.html (or whatever other html you want). save it to some out of the way folder like my documents, then set it as your wallpaper.
(you must have the countdown.swf file in the same folder as the new html, and named "Countdown.swf" without the quotes)
CODE

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Gta:San Andreas Countdown Timer</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<!---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
<!-----------------|--------Edit this number to change the side/background color---------------->
<!-----------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------->
<!-----------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------->
<!----------------\ /--------------------------------------------------------------------------->
<!-----------------v---------------------------------------------------------------------------->
<BODY bgcolor="#FFE7CA"><!---------------------------------------------------------------------->
<!---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
<center>
<!------------------------------------------------------------------------------|----------|---->
<!---------------------Change these %'s to adjust the black strip---------------|----------|---->
<!------------------------------------------------------------------------------|----------|---->
<!-----------------------------------------------------------------------------\ /--------\ /--->
<!------------------------------------------------------------------------------v----------v---->
<div id="Covert" style="background-color:Black;position:relative;top:-15;width:62%;height:105%;">
<!-------Add or remove <br>'s to move the banner down or up respectively------------------------>
<br><br>
<br><br>
<br><br>
<br><br>
<br><br>
<center>
<!-------------------------------Flash embeding code is below----------------------------------->

<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0"
WIDTH="550" HEIGHT="350" id="StuntMan" ALIGN="">
<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="Countdown.swf"> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high><PARAM NAME=Loop VALUE=True> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#000000> <EMBED src="Countdown.swf" quality=high bgcolor=#000000  WIDTH="550" HEIGHT="350" NAME="Countdown" ALIGN=""
TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED>
</OBJECT>
<!------------------------------------------End Flash------------------------------------------->

<!-------------------------------------start end format----------------------------------------->
</Center>
</div>
</Center>
</BODY>
</div>
</HTML>

xj39eldiablo
  • xj39eldiablo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:08 PM Edited by xj39eldiablo, 17 May 2005 - 06:16 PM.

this is whati did with the counter ... made it html added links a wallpaper for backgtound and the counter
user posted image

i can download it here http://www.eldiablo....n/Countdown.htm
download file by file here http://www.eldiablo.3x.ro/countdown/

just remove the banner that appears

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users