Photo

gta forums invision

14 replies to this topic
SparkBR
  • SparkBR

Oh sh*t

• Members

Posted 13 May 2005 - 09:52 PM

i would like to know what i need to modify on invision power board to put a bar like the on in the screen in my forums' side

user posted image

tounge.gif

Krusty.
  • Krusty.

La Famiglia Di Corleone

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 May 2005 - 10:35 PM

I think its PHP, i am not sure as i dont know how to use it or what it does. I do know that it is hard to learn.
EDIT: I think it could actually be that This forum was paid for, not invisionFree.

# ###########
  • # ###########

~*~*~QT PIE~*~*~

• Members

Posted 13 May 2005 - 10:42 PM

He's asking how to add a little sidebar with the list of forums and stuff.

I believe that it is a hack downloadable somewhere. I've seen it before, but I forgot where it was. Try googling for "Table Of Contents" hacks on google or something. Maybe there would be resultsd.
!!!1!

Edit: I'd imagine some CSS editing would be needed too.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 May 2005 - 10:42 PM

It's a so called hack.

It doesn't do much, it just lists the entire forums avaible for each member, depending on what access each member has.

Also, all the skins are having a bit extra images and html template codes placed into them.

It just requires a file called side_panel.php and some edits in your PHP files.

SparkBR
  • SparkBR

Oh sh*t

• Members

Posted 13 May 2005 - 10:49 PM

ok i will search this hack hehe

thankyou everybody

Barbaneez
  • Barbaneez

Boss

• Members

Posted 14 May 2005 - 02:48 AM

Was it not custom made?
I do not believe it's a public modification for IPB. Hell, Azkoyen probably did it!

Hunter¥
  • Hunter¥

• Members

Posted 14 May 2005 - 03:06 AM

I probably wound'nt be here if it wasn't for that nifty side bar. It's so much easier to navigate. Looks great too.

Daggdave
  • Daggdave

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 14 May 2005 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE (Hunter¥ @ May 13 2005, 23:06)
I probably wound'nt be here if it wasn't for that nifty side bar. It's so much easier to navigate. Looks great too.

Yeah it helps out alot, but its fun to use the original IPB skin sometimes just for fun. also on that note, I wonder if an admin or someone could help me on this. I notice that on most skins, under the PIP image, there is no space, just the member title directly under it, like here..

user posted image

and here..

user posted image

But if I switch to the IPB skin, the original that comes with all boards, paid or free, it has a space like this...

user posted image

Is there any way to remove that space in the CSS style sheets or something, without directly editing the PHP files?

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 May 2005 - 10:26 AM

Daggdave, that is a skin option, not a PHP thingie.

Only thing to be done is to remove a <br /> tag.

And puff, the space is gone! wow.gif

MsNobody
  • MsNobody

Playstation Portable

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2005 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (Barbaneez @ May 14 2005, 02:48)
Was it not custom made?
I do not believe it's a public modification for IPB. Hell, Azkoyen probably did it!

I've seen it at other forums before.

Barbaneez
  • Barbaneez

Boss

• Members

Posted 14 May 2005 - 03:31 PM

@Daggdave: Kind of like Svip said, but a bit more explanitory.
Do this: Admin CP > Skins & Templates > HTML Templates > Manage HTML (for the skin you want to edit) > Topic View Section | Expand to edit > Post Entry | Edit Single >

then you'll find:
CODE
       {$author['title']}<br />
       {$author['member_rank_img']}<br /><br />
       {$author['member_group']}<br />
So just take out one of the <br /> tags that comes after the coding that displays the rank image.

@MsNobody: The sidebar idea is pretty popular on many forums now, I've seen a lot that have it as well. But as far as the actual script goes (which is what I am talking about) I don't think the others have that, seeing how this one displays permissions and all. The other forums just chose to put the forums that are available for public view on their sidebar mockups.

Daggdave
  • Daggdave

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 14 May 2005 - 03:49 PM

So I guess I cant remove that space on an Invisionfree board huh sad.gif

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 14 May 2005 - 04:10 PM

Originally, the nav bar was something Jevon coded when we still used IkonBoard way back in the day. Noone really had anything like it at the time, and during the conversion to IPB, it was still pretty rare. In a rush to get everything up and running from the conversion, we found a guy by the name of Liquid X (or something like that) on a IPB mod site who gave us the hack he made to do the same thing. Since then though, Az pretty much gutted the whole thing to sort out some nesting quirks, speed it up, and to add the location tracker gizmo.

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 14 May 2005 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (illspirit @ May 14 2005, 09:10)
Originally, the nav bar was something Jevon coded when we still used IkonBoard way back in the day. Noone really had anything like it at the time, and during the conversion to IPB, it was still pretty rare. In a rush to get everything up and running from the conversion, we found a guy by the name of Liquid X (or something like that) on a IPB mod site who gave us the hack he made to do the same thing. Since then though, Az pretty much gutted the whole thing to sort out some nesting quirks, speed it up, and to add the location tracker gizmo.

So basically, you're saying "No chance in hell we're releasing the hack."?

Because I would certainly like it. tounge.gif

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 15 May 2005 - 07:32 AM

QUOTE (Jonny Tightlips @ May 14 2005, 13:41)
So basically, you're saying "No chance in hell we're releasing the hack."?

Because I would certainly like it. tounge.gif

Well, erm, our current hack probably won't work anywhere else since we've butchered so much of the original IPB code. I found a saved copy of the post we used as a base for ours though. 'Tis uploaded right here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users