Photo

Path Reversing

2 replies to this topic
mvi
  • mvi

Your mother

• Members

Posted 12 May 2005 - 05:05 PM

Is it possible to reverse vc's vehicle paths so that cars drive on the left? Does it have anything to do with the left and right flags, because reversing the path direction didn't actually do anything when I tried it. Thanks

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2005 - 09:44 AM

I'm pretty sure you would need to make two sets of path nodes set to one-way traffic heading in the direction you want that side of the road to be going. So, for a 2-lane road you would need two sets of nodes placed down the edge of the pavement, with the inner sides set to 1-lane traffic and the outer sides set to 0-lane traffic. You could not run two sets of nodes down the middle because external nodes which are in the same position automatically link to each other, so you could end up with cars doing U-turns in the middle of the street. Junctions would be very complicated so that all the lanes could only make legal turns into, out of and across the junction.

It is possible using this method but would be a lot of work. This is partly why I havn't made path nodes for Curveshire because it would be a huge amount of work, especially at the big motorway junctions. Also, if the landscape changes then there would be twice as many nodes to move to the new surface.

kman2003ko
  • kman2003ko

A learning decoder and a programmer

• Members

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (mvi @ May 12 2005, 12:05)
Is it possible to reverse vc's vehicle paths so that cars drive on the left? Does it have anything to do with the left and right flags, because reversing the path direction didn't actually do anything when I tried it. Thanks

You wont bleeive how many times someone asked that type of question in this board for the past 3 years since I been here...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users