Quantcast

» «
Photo

P2P Program Preventing Internet Connection?

5 replies to this topic
Dome Piece
  • Dome Piece

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 12 May 2005 - 04:46 PM

Everytime i connect to a server on a certain P2P sharing program, within a few minutes my internet connection stops and the little light that says status on my router turns off and i can no longer browse the internet without resetting the router.

I have portforwarding setup on the router to allow the UDP and TCP connection so i know it isnt a port problem.

Ive searched for any possible worms, viruses and trojans and removed what was found.

Any other ideas?
- Dome Piece

TwoZero
  • TwoZero

Ghetto Star

• The Connection

Posted 12 May 2005 - 05:31 PM

Your ISP might be disconnecting you, some isp's don't like P2P and disconnect people who use it, or cap their speed at 64K or something.
What ISP do you have?

If that is the reason you could try to use a non default port, not all p2p networks support changing port though.

Dome Piece
  • Dome Piece

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 12 May 2005 - 05:43 PM

I have a Spanish ISP called Jazztel. I dont use the default ports for that very reason. I changed the default ports but it still doesnt make any difference. - Dome Piece

Luke2004
  • Luke2004

You wanna leave? k. gtfo.

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2005 - 05:56 PM

Have you tried another P2P program? To see if that works, at least then you know that you can access them easily. (Although you might have to change the ports, make sure it still works.)

NeoSNightmarE
  • NeoSNightmarE

Conservative Anarchist

• Members

Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:09 PM

this happened to my friend recently. he still has no idea what it is. but we think as most people would that the ISP is blocking the traffic and resetting the modem. and yeah, that sucks. sounds like something Comcrap would do. but it hasnt yet. devil.gif

parry
  • parry

• Members

Posted 12 May 2005 - 07:23 PM

This might work im not to sure

PeerGuardian is a powerful yet petite firewall application especially designed for P2P users and anyone else who wants to protect his or her computer from unauthorized searches instigated by private agencies and corporations.

PeerGuardian works by blocking and logging all TCP/IP connections to and from known IP ranges used by known P2P foes, such as the RIAA, MPAA, MediaForce, MediaDefender, BaySTP, Ranger, OverPeer, NetPD, and more.

To make sure that the block-list used to block malicious connections is up to date; PeerGuardian uses an on-line block-list Database that is continuously updated on a daily basis -- so your privacy will remain safe while swapping files.

PeerGuardian is compatible with all TCP/IP based file sharing applications, such as Kazaa, iMesh, LimeWire, eMule, Grokster, DC++, Shareaza, and more. In short, PeerGuardian is the must have tool for any file swapper.

PeerGuardian is not advertising supported, nor does it require registration, and no information is collected from or about product users.

Click Here To Download

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users