Photo

[TUT] ocean tropics on ps

6 replies to this topic
Clown.
  • Clown.

Too Cool For An Avatar

• Members

Posted 12 May 2005 - 04:25 PM

ok, this is my first tut, and its kind of wierd. i was messing around on ps and made this 'wave technique', but it could be used for anything, all you would have to do is change the colours.
here is the tut:
first, start a new document (size 150 by 500, background transparent). make a rectangle shape on this and fill it with a colour similar to this:

user posted image

now start using your brushes, with various shades of you starting colour, and start brushing on the rectangle. make some patchy shapes using all your different brushes (it doesnt matter if you go over the edges of the rectangle, in fact its better that you do) untill you end up with something like this:

user posted image

then comes the fun bit. get the normal smudge tool and smudge up all of the rectangle, making sure you spike up the top of you rectangle.

user posted image

finally add a one pixel stroke to the layer, using a colour slightly darker than the rest of the image.

user posted image

all there is left to do now is add a sutible image and a bit of writing and save it as a png and your done. here is my final result:

user posted image

there you have it, my first tut. a bit pointless but oh well...
anyway tell me what you think.

DiVaio
  • DiVaio

• Members

Posted 14 May 2005 - 09:54 AM

Nice Tutorial Clown. Nice 'n simple. The picture you created with it makes me want to go on vacation. But I have to wait 3 more weeks before I go to Spain. sarcasm.gif

Clown.
  • Clown.

Too Cool For An Avatar

• Members

Posted 14 May 2005 - 09:59 AM

thanks a lot DiVaio, im wearing a sig like the one i made at the moment.
anyway thaks for the comment.

parry
  • parry

• Members

Posted 14 May 2005 - 10:04 AM

Very nice tut Clown! Ill give it a go soon biggrin.gif

Luke2004
  • Luke2004

You wanna leave? k. gtfo.

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2005 - 01:53 PM

Nice tutorial here Clown. Many people will be using this in the summer to create a 'paradise' effect.

Kayuni
  • Kayuni

idle

• Members

Posted 15 May 2005 - 01:39 AM

Nicely done, illustrated, too. tounge.gif It's simple, but complex enough to be effective.

Moto
  • Moto

Frat.

• Members

Posted 15 May 2005 - 06:58 AM

Totally useless, in my opinion. Looks nothing like an ocean, and could only be used as a boring filler for even more boring pictures.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users