Quantcast

» «
Photo

Thinking of getting the Apache Webserver.

4 replies to this topic
Luke2004
  • Luke2004

You wanna leave? k. gtfo.

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 May 2005 - 04:58 PM Edited by Luke2004, 11 May 2005 - 07:39 PM.

Can you please tell me what you think of the web server, is it worth it?

segosa
  • segosa

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 May 2005 - 07:34 PM

If you want user opinions, then why don't you ask for them?

All I see there is a list of features you want to know whether Apache supports. Here's a suggestion: find it out yourself. Honestly, no one wants to do any legwork these days and expects other people to do it all for them.

If I wanted to answer your post, I'd Google. But guess what, you can Google also, so that's what you are gonna do instead of sitting back and relaxing whilst other people do it.

Oh, and something else you might want to do which could save you 5 minutes of typing out that post: install the damn thing. Right away you'll find out if a) It's easy to use and b) works on windows. That's several seconds saved typing and you killed two birds with one stone: you've already got the server installed which you can combine with Google to answer your other questions.

Luke2004
  • Luke2004

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 May 2005 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (Segosa @ May 11 2005, 20:34)
If you want user opinions, then why don't you ask for them?

All I see there is a list of features you want to know whether Apache supports. Here's a suggestion: find it out yourself. Honestly, no one wants to do any legwork these days and expects other people to do it all for them.

If I wanted to answer your post, I'd Google. But guess what, you can Google also, so that's what you are gonna do instead of sitting back and relaxing whilst other people do it.

Oh, and something else you might want to do which could save you 5 minutes of typing out that post: install the damn thing. Right away you'll find out if a) It's easy to use and b) works on windows. That's several seconds saved typing and you killed two birds with one stone: you've already got the server installed which you can combine with Google to answer your other questions.

Sorry.
I'll change the first post.

Luke
  • Luke

suckmyrocket

• None

Posted 11 May 2005 - 08:32 PM

Apache's definitely worth it dependant on what you're planning on using it for. All linux web servers will use it probobly, most web servers aren't windows, but those that are, will use either IIS or Apache. Personally I would use apache for anything serious/important, and then locally I use IIS because it's easier to fiddle, just for testing my PHP code etc, if I had a linux box within the house to use for testing then I'd probobly use that instead. It's a matter of choice, Apache's not really the easiest to configure, but there's plenty of help around. It's certainly one of the ones with most features, and undoubtedly one of the most stable and secure.

Luke2004
  • Luke2004

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 May 2005 - 08:57 PM

hmmm... well it's just going to be for me to mess around with really.. nothing serious - at the minute. Sampling some of the websites I make to upload somewhere else, more stable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users