Photo

San Andreas graphics

38 replies to this topic
zepman79
  • zepman79

GTA 1 - IV Player

• Members

Posted 12 May 2005 - 07:02 PM

this topic is retarded now. Anyone is going to tell you that PC have better graphics and better sound. This game will support 5.1 surround, it would be stupid not to. Most new computers support 7.1 how many of your TV's have 7.1?

EDDS
  • EDDS

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 May 2005 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (riahc5 @ May 12 2005, 18:08)
QUOTE (EDDS @ May 12 2005, 00:46)
"if you want to stray off topics from graphics, you can have your dolby 5.1; we get mods."

i hate mods so that doesnt bother me, and i wouldnt call it straying off topic, this is about the xbox version compared to the pc version im just expanding.

Sure you hate mods....Dont get P.O that your not smart enough or dont know enough to mod your games on your Xbox.
Anyways we also get 5.1 support so I dont know what your talking about. Even Vice City had 5.1 support.

i do hate mods and i know enough about mods, i wouldnt want to mod my xbox just to add some crappy home made cars ect, they ruin the game, make it look really amateurish.

zepman79
  • zepman79

GTA 1 - IV Player

• Members

Posted 13 May 2005 - 12:18 AM Edited by zepman79, 13 May 2005 - 12:20 AM.

those "crappy homemade cars" are nicer than the orig game content. They have high higher poly counts and better textures all around. You would know if you had the mods lol.gif

bob the noob
  • bob the noob

Hatesu

• Members

Posted 13 May 2005 - 01:13 AM

i maybe wrong but i belive i read in a pc preview (forget what one off the top of my head) but i belive pc wil have dolby 5.1 since someone brought it up so afaik both will have dolby mute point there... the xbox graphics did impress me and even more so when compaired to the ps2 ... i have little doubt the pc will be the champ out of those 2 in terms on end graphics

GTAGuy
  • GTAGuy

Muten Roshi

• Members

Posted 13 May 2005 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (zepman79 @ May 12 2005, 19:18)
those "crappy homemade cars" are nicer than the orig game content. They have high higher poly counts and better textures all around. You would know if you had the mods lol.gif

Perhaps he meant that some of them look extremely out of place?

zepman79
  • zepman79

GTA 1 - IV Player

• Members

Posted 13 May 2005 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE (GTAGuy @ May 13 2005, 08:17)
those "crappy homemade cars" are nicer than the orig game content.  They have high higher poly counts and better textures all around.  You would know if you had the mods  lol.gif

yea but "crappy homemade" implies he means bad quality. At least to me.

davew2040
  • davew2040

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 May 2005 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (zepman79 @ May 13 2005, 03:32)
those "crappy homemade cars" are nicer than the orig game content.  They have high higher poly counts and better textures all around.  You would know if you had the mods  lol.gif

Sure, the models are nice, but mods that replace every car with some weird model of BMW are foolish, and Ultimate Vice City, where every car is replaced with a super-powered sports car, is fun for awhile but basically a joke.

Rockstar created the game to have a mix of cars; balancing them out is actually hard work. Most of the people writing mods don't have the kind of attention to detail that yields a fun result, and instead it usually ends up gimmicky.

GTAGuy
  • GTAGuy

Muten Roshi

• Members

Posted 13 May 2005 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (davew2040 @ May 13 2005, 00:29)
QUOTE (zepman79 @ May 13 2005, 03:32)

Sure, the models are nice, but mods that replace every car with some weird model of BMW are foolish, and Ultimate Vice City, where every car is replaced with a super-powered sports car, is fun for awhile but basically a joke.

Rockstar created the game to have a mix of cars; balancing them out is actually hard work. Most of the people writing mods don't have the kind of attention to detail that yields a fun result, and instead it usually ends up gimmicky.

Right you are, which is why I try to have a LOT of variety in vehicles whenever I mod VC, but I only modded VC because of stock vehicles that I really didn't like. Perhaps having bad vehicles is a good thing, because if every vehicle is my favorite vehicle, then I'm going to have a tough time deciding what to drive and not to drive, and I don't like deciding when I have 4 stars and lots of cops chasing me... Perhaps I'll try to keep most of the SA vehicles stock, and maybe make some upgrade parts or something for them.

constipated_cannibal
  • constipated_cannibal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 May 2005 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (zepman79 @ May 11 2005, 19:48)
I agree the PC owns an Xbox.  Computers are always becomming better and better while an Xbox just sits there.  An Xbox could not handle most PC games.  Id like to see the XBox run the real Doom 3 not the watered down version they are releasing.  There is no way anyone could argue an XBox is better than a PC and the graphics of a PC will always own consoles simply because you can not upgrade your Xbox (except on the N64 with the expansion pack  lol.gif  I had one too! haha or the 32x for the Genesis (had one of those too)).  It would be silly to run a games graphics sh*tty on the uber machine.

The xbox version of doom runs better than the pc version.It isn't watered down in anyway they just cut parts that were boring and brought the game down.I think people just get mad that we are able to play an awesome game that most people spent alot of money on their pc to be able to play it and we didn't have to do anything but wait alittle longer.
It gonna be funny when the new consoles come out and they are more powerful than your pc's that you spent thousands of dollers on.
I really wish people would quite arguing about which system is better and if the pc is better or not and just play the damn games.that is the point isn't it?I don't sit around wishing another game comes out on another system because i refuse to play it on the system it's already available on.I just bought a brand new alienware pc that cost alittle over 3 grand but you don't see me bitching.
Anyway back on topic im gonna get both get the game on xbox and pc.The pc version for the mods and the xbox version so i can sit on my big soft couch and play it on my big screen tv with surround sound.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users