Photo

Xbox version

22 replies to this topic
blue_steel
  • blue_steel

Captain Unlimited

• Members

Posted 11 May 2005 - 11:41 AM

I hear alot about the PC version but I want to know what is the most thing you're looking foward to and possible the thing you're most worried about. I made this because I'm tired of only seeing the PC version threads.

kenbenpang05
  • kenbenpang05

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 May 2005 - 01:15 PM

The thing I am looking most forward to is using a bike and jump off Mt. Chilliad with an Xbox, the thing I am most worried is that I don't have an xbox.

murph_fan51
  • murph_fan51

GTA:SA PC- 7.6.05

• Members

Posted 12 May 2005 - 07:10 AM

the thing you're most worried about

Making sure it install properly and runs ok. Thats like any game though...

looking most forward too: everything but checking out las vegas at night, driving up my chilliad on the Sanchez and admiring the view!!

blue_steel
  • blue_steel

Captain Unlimited

• Members

Posted 12 May 2005 - 07:41 AM

I too, am looking foward to climb mount chiliard. Im most worried about the glitches though cause on my xbox when i play gta 3 it doesnt all load.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci

Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:39 PM

Making sure it install properly and runs ok. Thats like any game though...

cout << " since when do you install games on the xbox (see thread title) ? for gta on a console, you just pop the disc in and play.. ";

blah, quoted the wrong post blush.gif

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci

Posted 12 May 2005 - 09:47 PM

Modded Xbox's, Ashdexx wink.gif

If you copy it onto the hard drive, loading time is often reduced by up to 75%.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci

Posted 12 May 2005 - 10:19 PM

cout << " i know that. but im referring to un-modded xboxs, stock-everything. he doesn't *need* to install it, and its not a valid concern. the game will play just fine without doing so. ";

scabo19
  • scabo19

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 May 2005 - 11:57 AM

The thing i'm looking forward 2 most is riding the bicycle and the thing i'm most worried about is how it will perfom on my 64mb geforce4.Oh s**t this is an xbox topic.Ah what the hell i guess nobody would mind

Bilko
  • Bilko

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 May 2005 - 01:51 PM

Ouch, GeForce 4's are pretty old now, but it'll run on it, although you will have to knock some graphics/draw distance settings down i'm affraid.

Radeon 9800's are quite cheap these days though smile.gif

scabo19
  • scabo19

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 May 2005 - 02:19 PM Edited by scabo19, 13 May 2005 - 02:22 PM.

QUOTE (Bilko @ May 13 2005, 13:51)
Ouch, GeForce 4's are pretty old now, but it'll run on it, although you will have to knock some graphics/draw distance settings down i'm affraid.

Radeon 9800's are quite cheap these days though smile.gif

radeon 9800 huh??? interesting maybe i should invest in that.Where u think i cud get it like dirt cheap.By the way is it even possible to buy graphics cards without pcs and install em.

Bilko
  • Bilko

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 May 2005 - 02:30 PM

You sound like someone who is new to PC hardware so if I were you i'd leave it for now, last thing you want to do is mess up your PC before GTA SA comes out smile.gif

But yes you can buy different components (including graphics cards) for your PC and upgrade certain bits. I suggest finding someone who knows about PC hardware and asking them, or perhaps a computer shop? But that could be expensive.

scabo19
  • scabo19

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 May 2005 - 03:15 PM

No im not new to pc hardware.I'm jus kinda outdated in pc gaming because I dont pay attention to it.Im more of a console gamer.So anyway i found a 40 bucks graphics card that shud run sa well.I think its a bit old though iz da ever so popular nvidia fx5200 128mb.I wanted something more advanced but i'll settle for this cuz im broke.Wat u think bilko?

Bilko
  • Bilko

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 May 2005 - 04:01 PM

I honestly think you'd be better getting it for the Xbox tounge.gif

But if you really want to get a graphics upgrade for your PC i'd advise seeking help first, as it may not be compatable with your system, try asking in a hardware forum or something like that.

In the end it's up to you to do the research yourself, it's not like slotting leog bricks together.

salibaba
  • salibaba

[GL]Salibaba

• Members

Posted 13 May 2005 - 04:49 PM

scabo19 Id say the same thing, just get it for Xbox thats probably the best way to go. the gforce4 should run SA well enough I had one for 2-3 years before I upgraded to the fx5200, I have to tell you, DO NOT go for the fx5200 its not that much better than the gforce4 I made that mistake. It actually makes it worse cos if you have VC or GTA3 you have to update your EXE to version 1.1 because there is a graphical glitch with that card.

Skyline_man
  • Skyline_man

GTA V!!

• Members

Posted 13 May 2005 - 05:26 PM

you know what salibaba, i have that card too and that glitch you are talking about too, and yeah, after updating the game to v 1.1 , it was gone, hopefully this wont happen in SA smile.gif

salibaba
  • salibaba

[GL]Salibaba

• Members

Posted 13 May 2005 - 07:02 PM

I dont have the fx5200 anymore, I got some recommendations from people in the pc chat topic and I went online and bought me a 6600GT and man its awesome, thanx to Cran for the high recommendation. I just gave the 5200 to my mum theres no point in putting it in my spare pc cos its
a. old,
b. a bit wonky rite now
c the gf4 thats in it just now is already bottlenecked by the mobo + chip: apollo 133a chipset + duron 900
but anyways

back to the topic I feel that although I dont have an Xbox myself and im not too fond of them myself I hope that the game turns out to be very well ported onto it as well, I also feel as every1 else does that it will play better on that console compared to the PS2.
Im also sure that some of the TC modders will try their hand at modding the game for Xbox as I recently remember (i cant remember names) someone on the Myriad islands conversion successfully installed Myriad onto an Xbox. In my eyes quite a feat.

scabo19
  • scabo19

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 May 2005 - 10:54 PM

Wow thanks guys for all that advice.U see i did want to buy this game for the xbox but the problem is that i dont have one.gonna spend a week or so hunting for the right graphics card with an affordable price.I'll check those pc forums hopefully i'll get the best advice there.As i said before im not much of a pc gamer mostly because of my outdated graphics card but im waiting until they release pcs more powerful than the nex gen systems.All i want this graphics card for is only sa but maybe with my new graphics card ill be able to buy some pc games(doom 3,half life 2 etc.)

zaphod42
  • zaphod42

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 May 2005 - 11:37 PM Edited by zaphod42, 13 May 2005 - 11:39 PM.

Im really looking forward to this game but im not sure weather to buy the PC or xbox version. The PC version is no doubt going to look nicer on my 9800pro...but, the xbox version will have a nice easy to use controler.

I already can use my xbox controller with a pc but will SA have good controller support unlike VC which has no support for the nice anologe triggers or a second joystick. Mmmmm what a dilemma...

Edit: PS hello, im a n00b to gtaforms.com lol...

blue_steel
  • blue_steel

Captain Unlimited

• Members

Posted 14 May 2005 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (scabo19 @ May 13 2005, 11:57)
The thing i'm looking forward 2 most is riding the bicycle and the thing i'm most worried about is how it will perfom on my 64mb geforce4.Oh s**t this is an xbox topic.Ah what the hell i guess nobody would mind

I mind because now you made half this topic on PC hardware. I can't stress this enough. NO PC talk in here. I'm tired of going into nearlly every forum and having to read on about graphics cards. Keep the talk on xbox only. Thanks for reading.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 14 May 2005 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (salibaba @ May 14 2005, 05:32)
thanx to Cran for the high recommendation.

Good, now I don't have to kill you! tounge.gif Yeah, anyone with 200USD sitting in the bank, and wants to play SA with AA, etc. Should go and buy a 6600GT right now. One of the best value cards on the market. If you have 300USD, get a ATi Radeon X800XL, as it 100USD cheaper than the 6800GT, and in games like Far Cry, it runs better than a 6800 U.

scabo19
  • scabo19

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 May 2005 - 04:38 AM

QUOTE (blue_steel @ May 14 2005, 02:17)
QUOTE (scabo19 @ May 13 2005, 11:57)

I mind because now you made half this topic on PC hardware. I can't stress this enough. NO PC talk in here. I'm tired of going into nearlly every forum and having to read on about graphics cards. Keep the talk on xbox only. Thanks for reading.

I mean come on man admit it.About 3 times the amount of people buying it for xbox are goin 2 the pc version.Sorry for spoiling ur topic but u just cant run from it.PC is where the game was meant to be.Rockstar only extends to the xbox for $$$$$ and to bring gta to a different market.Notice rockstar isnt promoting the pc version much.Because they know pc gamers are buying it regardless.Look i lookin 4 no argument but just stating facts:the xbox gta gamers are a small percentage

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci

Posted 14 May 2005 - 05:00 AM

This topic is about the Xbox version. Lets keep this on topic people.

zaphod42
  • zaphod42

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 May 2005 - 12:14 PM

Im looking for the hear the fantstic Xbox Dolby Digital sound in this game, gonna be class better than any EAX or what have ya! Really looking forward to building up my character to be one cool mother fo. Are the screen shot on IGN actually from the Xbox version because they look amazing! IGN San Andreas Xbox Screen shots take a look at those screens!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users