Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:00 PM

News: Official Xbox Magazine Preview

Leave comments here.

davew2040
  • davew2040

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:09 PM

I assume that all the improvements to the Xbox version carry over to the PC, since it's basically the same programming environment. That said, if they're really serious about having rewritten it, then I hope they've fixed the issues with anisotropic filtering not working. That really stands out at me when I play Vice City these days.

GTAGuy
  • GTAGuy

Muten Roshi

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:13 PM

I take it that all of the graphical improvements noted in this article will apply to the PC version as well. Hopefully the part where they said "with the Xbox in mind" doesn't mean that they are concentrating harder on the Xbox version's graphics than the PC version's, though such a thing would be highly unlikely.

EDIT: Lol. What a coincidence. We almost ended up saying the same exact thing.

Fluffyinsanity
  • Fluffyinsanity

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 May 2005 - 12:44 AM

Is it just me or are better screenshots, more screenshots, and more information being unveiled for the Xbox version than the PC version? I'm getting scared here. confused.gif notify.gif

EDDS
  • EDDS

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 May 2005 - 05:45 PM

its just you.

personally im getting fed up of only hearing about modding all the time.

scabo19
  • scabo19

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 May 2005 - 10:28 PM

Blaze me if this post is ignorant. This is just my opinion.The gta double pack for xbox didnt sell as well as rockstar predicted so r* is taking a new approach to sa xbox by giving it more publicity,releasing it on the same day as the pc version and making it look more attractrive than any other version. They can afford to do this because(I'm might reaching a little far here) they know that pc gamers(even those who r xbox fans) will make the pc version sell since pc gamers tend to look down on consoles and will always want to brag and boast with the most graphically advanced gta because their pc is so decked out and 100 times more capable than consoles.So in conclusion I'll say this, r* is being smart in their marketing so that gta would generate masses of money for them across all platforms.I'm sure if nintendo allowed a gta game on the gamecube then r* would find a way of making it sell wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users