Photo

[REL] VC Mp3 Station Control

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic
Squiddy
  • Squiddy

Back!

• The Connection

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:24 PM Edited by Squiddy, 17 May 2005 - 06:56 PM.

Oh well... second attempt on opening a new topic successfully. Too bad, I wrote so much text for nothing. tounge.gif
I think I'll make it short this time, I'm sure the mp3 station of vice city annoyed you at least one time, playing the same tracks over and over in the same order. With the help of spookie and kyeman (thanks to both!) we now can control the mp3 station to a specific level.
This version, I don't call this a final release, is more a test for me to see if it works for you all. You can skip to the next or previous track in the mp3 station. The filename, current time and total time of the track are displayed in the upper left. I hope to get some feedback from you, does it work, does it not work, ideas.. whatever you can contribute. I'm aware most of you run winamp or similar players in the background, but why shouldn't I share this one with you. smile.gif

user posted image

Features (V.1.1 Update 17 May 2005)
- Skipping to next or previous track
- Track time and filename display
- Custom mp3 path
- Shuffle feature (random playing)

Key Shortcuts
F3 - Switch shuffle on/off
F4 - Skip to previous track
F5 - Skip to next track
Download
Normal version (copy&paste to root directory)
DLL linker version (use mp3control in common.cfg)

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2005 - 08:42 PM

Wow, great stuff. Can you fix some links that are on your site, like the DLL Linker? It doesn't work.

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• The Connection
  • Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:15 PM

Another great one, squiddy...
Works here without a problem.. cookie.gif cookie.gif

The only thing I could find that looks wierd was that the total tracktime was displayed with 3 digits behind the semi-colon ( e.g. 03:215 )

Possible usefull features: shuffle mode, step+10/-10 (to step through large collection).

Squiddy
  • Squiddy

Back!

• The Connection

Posted 13 May 2005 - 08:13 PM Edited by Squiddy, 13 May 2005 - 08:53 PM.

Thanks spaceeinstein and Patrick. smile.gif
I will implement the shuffle feature later, was working on playlist support, no success yet. Anyways, a new version for you.

Changes
- Fixed digits bug
- Abilitiy to choose own mp3 path

Download
Normal version (copy&paste to root directory)
DLL linker version (use mp3control in common.cfg)
It doesn't validates the directory yet, so be sure to use a correct one. tounge.gif

Sorry, I uploaded a version with a debug message, removed it, so please download the file again. smile.gif

Bigun
  • Bigun

wandering about

• Members

Posted 14 May 2005 - 08:37 AM

Another awesome -"mod DLL like thingy"- work from Squiddy.
Keep up the good work. smile.gif
cookie.gif catloaf_by_anuj.gif cookie.gif catloaf_by_anuj.gif cookie.gif catloaf_by_anuj.gif

An idea for playlist support, maybe you could just have a playlist.cfg (or make it in the mp3control.cfg) and make it like this:
(Maybe you could use a custom name instead of playlist#)
CODE
[playlist1]
linking_park_crap;
linkingparkfilename2;

[playlist2]
creed-my sacrifice;

Squiddy
  • Squiddy

Back!

• The Connection

Posted 14 May 2005 - 08:43 AM

Thanks. smile.gif
For the playlist support, I thought it would be better to just place a m3u file (winamp playlist) into the given mp3 directory. The m3u file is a textfile too and can be edited easily, so I would prefere it this way. But I have some problems at the moment, so don't except playlist support soon.
Squiddy is going to implement shuffle now

Bigun
  • Bigun

wandering about

• Members

Posted 14 May 2005 - 09:08 AM

Well, I don't use WinAmp but if it's a textfile I (and noone) shouldn't mind, nice idea.

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci

Posted 14 May 2005 - 09:57 AM

Yes, it's a simple text file, and not a WinAmp specific format. It's used by pretty every (decent) player.

And Squiddy, don't forget the virtual radio stations for several playlists... wink.gif

Bigun
  • Bigun

wandering about

• Members

Posted 15 May 2005 - 12:42 PM

Hmm, I got another idea.. You may like it or not, and no doubt it was asked a lot for; maybe you could make it so you "have a discman" and you can play the MP3 station on foot. Only the MP3 station, and with a button.. 'Cause sometimes you listen to a good tune in a car and you need to go out to shoot someone or whatever, and it sucks that you lose that tune tounge.gif

Neo-K 182
  • Neo-K 182

La Famiglia Di Corleone

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 May 2005 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (Bigun @ May 15 2005, 07:42)
Hmm, I got another idea.. You may like it or not, and no doubt it was asked a lot for; maybe you could make it so you "have a discman" and you can play the MP3 station on foot. Only the MP3 station, and with a button.. 'Cause sometimes you listen to a good tune in a car and you need to go out to shoot someone or whatever, and it sucks that you lose that tune tounge.gif

x2.

great mod, this is one adon i'd like to see though, if possible.

Eclipse_nl
  • Eclipse_nl

Grand Tani Islands

• Members

Posted 15 May 2005 - 08:22 PM

Great work. If you can, you could make a little layout in VC style.

jacob.
  • jacob.

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 May 2005 - 11:21 PM

I doubt its possible to only make the mp3 player playable on foot, it'd most likely make all the other radio stations work on foot too. But that'd still be a cool option. smile.gif

Bigun
  • Bigun

wandering about

• Members

Posted 16 May 2005 - 02:34 PM

I think it should be possible: Squiddy must already be able to identify if the MP3 station is running, and probably other channels too, so he could make a check so if the player is on foot and plays any other station apart from MP3 change the channel to MP3 or stop music or something, shouldn't he dontgetit.gif

Heh, just realised I made some kinda typo by calling Winamp WinAmp.. I think.. But at least I took ST with me tounge2.gif

NismoBNR32
  • NismoBNR32

ニスモ

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:37 AM

Great and very useful too, you should consider that MP3 player idea (if it's possible at all) because it make this at least 10x better than it is now, altough it's already great as i said. cookie.gif cookie.gif

Squiddy
  • Squiddy

Back!

• The Connection

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:59 AM

Thanks for all you comments and suggestions, I'll consider implementing them. Actually, there is nothing new to show you, as the development isn't going farther in the last days. I implemented shuffle very easy and it seems to work fine. For the playlist feature, I don't know when I'm able to realize that idea, there are some problems that have to be solved first.
In the last day I concentrated on altering the radio station display with much success. I thought about replacing the mp3 player text with the currently playing track, tried it before, but it didn't works yet. Hope I can release a newer version this week.

Listening to the radio on foot, it's a good idea but I don't know how vc handles this. When you listen to a track, getting out of your vehicle and enter it later, the track doesn't continue at the old position. I think vc just decreases the volume so you aren't able to listen it when it's acutally playing.

Bigun
  • Bigun

wandering about

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:27 PM Edited by Bigun, 17 May 2005 - 02:29 PM.

Aye, but I don't really think it just reduces the volume, it should be way smarter than that tounge.gif
Good luck. confused.gif
hint
For now, I reckon the DLL-linker version should
be more DLL-linker-friendly wink.gif

hint
And while you are at it, include shuffle in the nextver|fix if it's that simple biggrin.gif

Squiddy
  • Squiddy

Back!

• The Connection

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (Bigun @ May 17 2005, 15:27)
For now, I reckon the DLL-linker version should
be more DLL-linker-friendly wink.gif

Ah right, I exactly know what you want. sarcasm.gif

Squiddy
  • Squiddy

Back!

• The Connection

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:53 PM

V1.1 Release

user posted image

Changes
- Added shuffle feature (switch it with F3, default setting is editable in config file)
- Improved display
- Track time display editable in config file

Shortcuts
F3 - Switch shuffle on/off
F4 - Previous track
F5 - Next track

Download
DLL-linker compatible version
Normal d3d8 version

Comments & suggestions are appreciated.

P.S. Take a look at PatrickW's gtaf firefox extension, it's VERY useful. smile.gif

Bigun
  • Bigun

wandering about

• Members

Posted 18 May 2005 - 06:01 PM

off topic: Saw it, but awwz for me, I still use IE ph34r.gif

ontopic: Good , only bug I noticed (which can be a little tricky and fool you the DLL isn't working) is that apparently before you select a song with next|previous track, the MP3 station's name is -null- , well, it takes over the blank station tounge.gif

Possibly-nice-stuff-to-add:
-Replay current song from start key
-Browse by name/selection list or someother feature that you can find a specific song within a big collection with.
-Previous track key in shuffle mode actually brings you to the previous track instead of shuffling again tounge.gif

If you are having problems with playlists, you could make each folder a playlist, and switch the \mp3 folder path ingame (I dunno if you can do that), with definable playlist paths, again provided at the cfg tounge.gif
Wee, watch me I'm wittle:
CODE

#Bigun is cool
mp3path = "d:\songs\"
#plist #num = "path"
plist 1 = "d:\songs\wittle"

If you are actually gonna do that, make the playlist folder name be shown as the station's name, and the track as the old display (Still leave new cool display for the nonplaylist channel).

Oh yeah, and big thanks for this. You can take yaself some days off, ya know, eating a little.
breadfish_by_Moto.gif breadfish_by_Moto.gif breadfish_by_Moto.gif breadfish_by_Moto.gif breadfish_by_Moto.gif breadfish_by_Moto.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 18 May 2005 - 06:16 PM

Very nice work mate works well from what I have tested of it. Another nice addition to VC.

jacob.
  • jacob.

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 May 2005 - 06:20 PM

Feature suggestion:
Pressing 'T' brings up a textbox you can type in. You type in the name of a song, and press enter. It finds the best possible match and plays the song.

That would rock.

Squiddy
  • Squiddy

Back!

• The Connection

Posted 03 June 2005 - 06:26 AM

It's been quite here a long time, no new progress for now, sorry. I'm trying to get playlists working but it doesn't looks like it'll be done soon. Some bugs will be fixed, some minor changes will be made (like font size and position) and this might be the last version for vice city. I will see how much people want a port for san andreas, I know R* allready implemented shuffle, but getting playlist working would be nice too. tounge.gif
Suggestions like a display of all tracks are possible, but I don't like to use directx's pre-made font class, so I'm currently reversing vice city's display with some success. When this is finished I will consider implementing your ideas.

Bigun
  • Bigun

wandering about

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 09:23 AM

I was kind of wondering if you abandoned this or anything; SA in 3 days.. rah.gif
I'm sure we all want a SA port. tounge.gif .
If you don't get around with the playlists,add the other small features suggested and work on playlists later.

Keep up the good job man!

Akil
  • Akil

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:40 PM

Hey, i know this is an old topic, but i have not been able to get the non d3d8 version working, the readme said edit common.cfg, but i can not find that file...help?

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 04 December 2005 - 09:07 AM

In future please PM the author of the topics instead of bumping a topic which was months old, seeing as you have already done so i'll leave it open as Squiddy may drop by.

Bigun
  • Bigun

wandering about

• Members

Posted 04 December 2005 - 11:07 AM Edited by Bigun, 04 December 2005 - 11:31 AM.

QUOTE (Akil @ Dec 3 2005, 20:40)
Hey, i know this is an old topic, but i have not been able to get the non d3d8 version working, the readme said edit common.cfg, but i can not find that file...help?

He referred to using his DLL Linker (which is also a d3d8, BTW). His DLL Linker is a dll which will run multiple DLLs as you wrote in the common.cfg, so you can use multiple d3d8 mods together (IE use MP3 Control and Speedometer simulationely).
For more information:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=173198
Next time SEARCH before bumping an ancient topic.

EDIT: I noticed the link in Squiddy's topic I linked is long dead. As I still have my VC installation, and I'm pretty sure Squiddy didn't put it down on purpose I thought I'd upload it.
http://rapidshare.de...Linker.zip.html
GT, mind editing Squiddy's first post in the DLL Linker thread with the link? I'm not sure if he is active currently or not, but he shouldn't mind though.
Oh, I also found this link on Squiddy's site. blush.gif It was pretty hidden though.
http://squiddy.marwa.../dll_linker.zip

gtaaftab
  • gtaaftab

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:02 AM

[/B]how to get dlllinker monocle.gif confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users