Photo

Rockstar Announces Bully

42 replies to this topic
Uno Carb
  • Uno Carb

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 May 2005 - 05:07 AM

Cool idea. I have a feeling the game is going to be f*cking bloody as hell.

F-s-X
  • F-s-X

Kaikei, Chi Shingi Meiyo

• Members

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:17 PM

I hope this doesen't end up like The sims. Because I just got a feeling
that it is going to happend suicidal.gif

F-s-X

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

yer ma's got athlete's foot!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (Spectre95 @ May 27 2005, 05:05)
I'm guessing this game is about the movie/book Bully? Where an actual real life bully was brutally murdered by his high school friends.

No, it's not.

JulioCaesar
  • JulioCaesar

I rock your cock.

• Members

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:05 PM

This sounds like a realyl cool idea. I'm so tired of, well, the entirety of my game collection encompassing 3 platforms that ALL deal with killing something in some way, with a exceptions to racing games and The Sims. I'm also sick to death of the mindset of pretty much every game developer out there; they all try and think up new videogames that focus on killing aliens or zombies or ninjas or wahtever. I'M SO f*ckING SICK OF THIS sh*t NOW! Mark my words, everntually its gonna get to the point where the graphics are gonna be so good, and the thrill of killing of something in a videogame is so extravegant, that all of us will get bored with it. And when that day comes, the videogaming universe will collapse onto it self.

So I say let rockstar create a videogame with very minimal violence, with no zombies or aliens or whatever for you to kill.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:17 PM

I really do wonder whether this will be played out from the perspective of the bully or the bullied.

If the player gets to be the bully, this could have a very short shelflife - advocating bullying in schools will NOT be tolerated.

If the player is the bullied, it could get all kinds of sympathy votes and wonderful hyperbole over the way the game "shows the suffering of our youth"

I also think this game will be shown from a distinctly British point of view (depite being made by OH! Canadians). That could really alienate some of you American gamers - I see how much hatred there is for the idea of a GASP! GTA:London update. The boarding schools of the UK have a very bad reputation for bullying and if it is portrayed from OUR point of view, it could turn out to be a very vicious and sordid little game.

I can't wait.

Tril
  • Tril

MeBeUGod

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:36 AM Edited by Tril, 06 June 2005 - 02:44 AM.

The first screenshot and small storyline details have been released!
http://ps2.ign.com/a...6/616925p1.html
Looks like this is gonna be one hell of a game...
Look at that badass face he's got on!

@JulioCaesar:
Sounds like you've been watching to much Decline Of Video Gaming!

Tril
  • Tril

MeBeUGod

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:44 AM Edited by Tril, 06 June 2005 - 02:46 AM.

Sorry for the DP!!!

Venom
  • Venom

Zpider-Man

• Zaibatsu
  • England

Posted 06 June 2005 - 03:48 PM

wow.gif What a game. I can't wait for this game, so I can buy it, and play it....and kill! biggrin.gif

immessedup17
  • immessedup17

Crocodile Tears

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 June 2005 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (Dalpura @ May 10 2005, 04:59)
I'd like to know why anyone would play it. Hasn't everyone already experienced that sort of thing after being through school, why would you want to play a video game of it? Doesn't sound like a winner to me. confused.gif

Maybe you experienced it.

Bah, it sounds like another State of Emergency. But they do have the money to explore crazy ideas, so, whatever.

Critter
  • Critter

I wish for skateboards in GTA:SA.

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:49 AM

Whoever is an expert on Greek or Roman or whatever, what's CANIS CANEM EDIT under the coat of arms on the shield mean?

-Critter devil.gif

Magephil
  • Magephil

Jew

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (Dalpura @ May 10 2005, 01:59)
I'd like to know why anyone would play it. Hasn't everyone already experienced that sort of thing after being through school, why would you want to play a video game of it?

Heh, columbine anyone?

Seriously though, this sounds like it might be good only for a couple laughs/hours, but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Rockstar Games can do something besides cars and gangsters biggrin.gif .

P.S. I live in vancouver and it rules. I shall find out what info I can. ph34r.gif

Dr_Shark
  • Dr_Shark

..?

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:39 AM

http://www.jaredstory.com/bully.html

When I first saw this I was like wtf? But you play as someone beating up bullies so I guess that's ok.

For Jared

G MONEY $$$
  • G MONEY $$$

Moneybaggz

• The Connection

Posted 08 June 2005 - 03:13 AM

Screenshots are up on the official site. Looks like it won't dissapoint. I'm gonna go down and steal it since I live in Vancouver. biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users