What do you STILL want to know?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic
DigitalD
  • DigitalD

bvlgari

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 02:38 AM

With just under a month left until the release of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on the PC and Xbox systems, interest in the game is steadily boiling up. Through various online and print previews, we have learned of all the improvements and changes that will be in place in the PC and Xbox ports.

Over the coming month, we might or might not be able to arrange a meeting with Rockstar Games and have the opportunity to ask them some questions, and so we would like to hear from our visitors. What do you still want to know about the upcoming releases that hasn't been said yet? In order to make the questions unique and different from the usual details we hear reported in magazines and online gaming sites, we want you to help put together a set of questions.

When thinking of what you would like to ask Rockstar, make sure the questions are about either the PC or Xbox version and make sure the answer is not already in the PC and Xbox info page.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:08 AM

/*
it's safe to assume that Rockstar will not be providing any game editors with the game, and we can expect to be able to import additional player skins, probably in the form of clothes. Player models are at the moment split into around 10 different pieces, with two of each for different fitness levels. As such, player skins as seen in GTA Vice City are unlikely, unless we are provided with a custom slot with a single static mesh skin. Bear in mind that this is simply speculation at this point, as nothing solid has been confirmed yet.

we can start by asking for more elaboration on what exactly they mean by "mod support". Specifically, ask them if they ARE shipping any kind of editors/file exporters.
on their official website it claims the ability to "create their own world"; no one is going to accomplish that with notepad alone.

some other possible editing-related questions:
With the support that Rockstar gives the players to edit the game, will it be possible to...
-add new vehicles?
-create new land for use in the game?
-edit the mission scripts?
-insert new character models?

the keywords are Rockstars support. i know what 3rd party apps and mod tools will let me do, i want to know what R* will let me do right out of the box (or if necessary, from their website, if mod support is provided on the web).
*/

bob the noob
  • bob the noob

Hatesu

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:09 AM Edited by bob the noob, 10 May 2005 - 06:18 PM.

Q1 - Are we ever gonna be able to get a "GOURANGA" again?
**EDIT** to help stop spam about it

What the hell does GOURANGA! mean anyway? <Top>
The word GOURANGA appears in the original GTA after you run over an entire line of Hare Krishnas at a high rate of speed.  I first did this totally by mistake, but soon after it became somewhat of a mission to try and run over them every time I played.  I have received a few messages regarding this but DMA's translation of the word is "be happy."  I also received the following from Brian over at DMA that may shed some more light on why GOURANGA! appears in GTA:

I noticed this morning that you were a pondering and having a bit of a strokey beard think about the origins of the word 'Gouranga'.   

If you ever bump into a Krishna in the street (and here in temperate Scotland they tend to wear anoraks over their robes) they tend to hand out badges or stickers saying "Call out Gouranga - Be Happy"   

What could possibly make you happier than calling out 'Gouranga!' as you plough through 7 or 8 of the buggers eh?

I've also been informed by numerous people that there are GOURANGA! signs and graffiti in various parts of the UK.  I'm not really sure who uses the word outside of the Hare Krishna and GTA population.  I'd like to think that is associated with my site but I doubt it .

Q2 - Who is/are the Elvis fan(s) at Rockstar? and Will Elvis continue to have a place in the gta world in one way or nother?

Q3 - Why do those who play gta at Rockstar like to play it - like alot of people like the freedom to go crazy or the stunts ect...

Q4 - Will we see the old style rampages again - i understand they are not in gta:sa and i already miss them (waiting for the pc version myself)

Q5 - Does anyone at Rockstar use player mods and if so What Mod if any (car/bike/world/mission ect..ect..) can't they live without (i have no ties to the modding community just always wondered)

will edit if i can think of anythink more i must know wink.gif

Rockhead
  • Rockhead

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:14 AM

I was wondering since rockstar is going to saport modding if they will be making any kool mods them selfs cause that would be sweet

davew2040
  • davew2040

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:17 AM

I only have some technical questions for the PC version, since I think the rest of it has been covered pretty well at this point:

Does the game correctly support anisotropic filtering now? Does it still have/require a frame limiter to get the game to behave consistently on all platforms? Will a third-party program still be required to get the full analog control precision out of analog controllers? Will we be able to change video resolution on the fly, without having to restart the game?

If any of these don't make sense I'll be happy to elaborate!

Hope
  • Hope

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:19 AM

Will the save-houses return back to their beta state when they were more detailed and looked better?

davew2040
  • davew2040

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:25 AM

QUOTE (Hope @ May 10 2005, 03:19)
Will the save-houses return back to their beta state when they were more detailed and looked better?

Didn't they already state pretty clearly that there's not going to be any new content of any sort in these versions?

kenbenpang05
  • kenbenpang05

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:26 AM Edited by kenbenpang05, 10 May 2005 - 08:14 AM.

-Is the game engine the one used in Vice City, or they just sqeeze the old engine into limit?

-Rockstar says the radio stations can be customized by players, mp3s are allowed to put in between DJ speech. Is there any additional official softwares that assist players to input their mp3? If not, how are the players supposed to add their mp3s in between the stations of the game?

-There will be a replay feature. Can players save their replay as .mpeg files?

-Does it need loading while going from one side of a city to another? Some PS2 players say there aren't any loading take place while roaming in SA.

-Will there be better car handling and better physics(more things can be knocked down)?

kenbenpang05
  • kenbenpang05

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:27 AM

QUOTE (bob the noob @ May 10 2005, 03:09)
Q1 - Are we ever gonna be able to get a "GOURANGA" again?

Q2 - Who is/are the Elvis fan(s) at Rockstar? and Will Elvis continue to have a place in the gta world in one way or nother?

Q3 - Why do those who play gta at Rockstar like to play it - like alot of people like the freedom to go crazy or the stunts ect...

Q4 - Will we see the old style rampages again - i understand they are not in gta:sa and i already miss them (waiting for the pc version myself)

Q5 - Does anyone at Rockstar use player mods and if so What Mod if any (car/bike/world/mission ect..ect..) can't they live without (i have no ties to the modding community just always wondered)

What is GOURANGA and who is Elvis?

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:55 AM

QUOTE (kenbenpang05 @ May 10 2005, 03:27)
QUOTE (bob the noob @ May 10 2005, 03:09)
Q1 - Are we ever gonna be able to get a "GOURANGA"  again?

What is GOURANGA and who is Elvis?

Let's not get off topic, but I will answer those quick.

For Gouranga, go to http://www.gouranga.com and click on Frames and then About G!

For Elvis, use http://www.google.com

slyzxx
  • slyzxx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:03 AM

My question is simple is this the last of GTA series or are we going to see another version come out some time in the near future.

GrimRe@per
  • GrimRe@per

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 06:15 AM

Traffic paterns for the PS2 version of the SA where very rudementary in that cars driving would only load in relation to what you where driving. Say you where in a sunrise, you would almost never see a motorbike. My question is, seeing as the PC can handle alot more textures and models being rendered at one time can we see more, varied, traffic?

nushu
  • nushu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:02 AM

It would be really good to know if the spawning distance of the traffic (NOT draw distance) has increased .

murph_fan51
  • murph_fan51

GTA:SA PC- 7.6.05

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:04 AM

1. Is there still a frame limiter in the game and what FPS is it set on?
2. Someone else asked this - are there any rampages in the game?
3. Can we have .WMA files in the MP3 folder?
4. Not sure about this but in the PS2 version, if you were watching traffic, they would go about 60MPH, then suddenly turn 90 degrees to go down another street, would this be fixed?

I don't know much about the PS2 so I don't know what to ask... rolleyes.gif

sculay04
  • sculay04

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:27 AM Edited by sculay04, 10 May 2005 - 10:31 AM.

1: Will Rockstar let us customise the clothes in the game ( mod the clothes to real stuff e.g. evisu etc etc)
2: Is there going to be Hidden packages i kinda miss them now sad.gif
3: will it support dolby digital
4: can u turn off frame limiter
EDIT: it does support dolby tounge.gif rahkstar2.gif rah.gif bbq.gif

-KuKuruzas-
  • -KuKuruzas-

Put Your Hands Up In The Air

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:03 AM

What's about that minimal and full install?

scabo19
  • scabo19

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:08 AM

Ok so I know that i already the system requirements and everything but no one knows how well it will run on their system so my question for rockstar is:
-Will I be able to get a desirable experience on my pc with a 64mb geforce4 mmx?(I saw geforce4 or higher in recommended requirements but it also said 128mb so I'm a bit scared)
-I think someone asked this-What will the default fps be?
-Seeing how the game is being released exclusively on DVD, will there be any bonus extras packaged with game if u pre-order?
-What will controls be like for all those extra things that werent in past gtas like riding a bike really fast or swimming really fast?
-Will rockstar release any modifications or expansion packs for the game?
-When will rockstar release videos or trailers for the pc version?
-Why did u make pc & xbox owners wait so long to experience san andreas?
-In past gtas, I would have been speeding on the highway when I see a really nice car pass me and then when I turn around its gone as if it were never there.Has rockstar fixed this?
-How will the dj commentary and advertisments coming in between mp3s work?

Sam
  • Sam

ghetto goo$e

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:29 AM

1. Will traffic speeds and AI on the freeways be fixed?

2. Will we lose anything when the game gets ported? (I.E. tear gas from vice city ps2 to xbox)

HAGJ
  • HAGJ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:39 AM

Q : Does San Andreas run on Geforce2 MMX 400 graphic card, when Vice City run ?

salibaba
  • salibaba

[GL]Salibaba

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 01:16 PM

I would like to kno also if rthe frame limiter will be back or not and if it is will its limit be higher than 30fps, or can we even change the limit to 50 by our own choice in a menu or in a text file. Even better would be asking if we needed to turn on the frame limiter to combat the slow textures.

will there be better controller support such as for steering and pedals axis controls, and will there be force feedback available.

Will the size of the "world" or map in sanandreas be limited like previous gta's. We need to know that way we can find out if TC's and other mods can be put into the game along-side SA or will we need to blank the entire map to be able to do it. along side this we shoiuld ask , if there are limits can these be adjusted so that we can do such things as add in extra mods if the map is not big enough. will we be able to make the map bigger?

tiedie
  • tiedie

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 01:24 PM

i second GrimRe@per's question

Beretta
  • Beretta

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (d8cam19 @ May 10 2005, 03:55)
For Gouranga, go to http://www.gouranga.com and click on Frames and then About G!

Thats a pretty useless site, and it looks as it has nothing to do with Rockstar itself..

Neu_Lyf
  • Neu_Lyf

Live and let live :)

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (scabo19 @ May 10 2005, 11:08)
Ok so I know that i already the system requirements and everything but no one knows how well it will run on their system so my question for rockstar is:
-Will I be able to get a desirable experience on my pc with a 64mb geforce4 mmx?(I saw geforce4 or higher in recommended requirements but it also said 128mb so I'm a bit scared)
-I think someone asked this-What will the default fps be?
-Seeing how the game is being released exclusively on DVD, will there be any bonus extras packaged with game if u pre-order?
-What will controls be like for all those extra things that werent in past gtas like riding a bike really fast or swimming really fast?
-Will rockstar release any modifications or expansion packs for the game?
-When will rockstar release videos or trailers for the pc version?
-Why did u make pc & xbox owners wait so long to experience san andreas?
-In past gtas, I would have been speeding on the highway when I see a really nice car pass me and then when I turn around its gone as if it were never there.Has rockstar fixed this?
-How will the dj commentary and advertisments coming in between mp3s work?

my best guess is that you can play the game with your geforce4 cause r* is usin the engine which they used for vice city

us pc users and xbox using dudes had to wait because of a stupid contract issued by sony and who dosent want to make money
you see double the revenue for r* thank GOD that they are releasing the xbox version with the pc version

i think they've reduced the "mysterious dissapearence" of the cars but did not eliminate them.

and my other guess bout the mp3 is that the dj commentary and the ads will be played after an mp3 file (eg. mp31.mp3 (comm or ad) mp32.mp3)

peace and Grace bros

and my question is when will Gta : Sanandreas be released at Asia (India) colgate.gif

pyXL
  • pyXL

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 04:26 PM

Unlikely but will you be able to take over other gangs other than the Ballas and...those other guys...? blush.gif

Will there be better rewards for 100% completion?

And most of important of all...can I have the PC version now? tounge2.gif

Gta-eXpert
  • Gta-eXpert

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 04:28 PM

One website speak about two new radios, is it true?
Can we change the skin of CJ?

Th3 ProphetMan
  • Th3 ProphetMan

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:43 PM Edited by Th3 ProphetMan, 10 May 2005 - 05:46 PM.

Will we be able to make CJ WALK with the Keyboard? By holding the Shift key for example...

Will we be able to use a playlist file for gta to play MP3 files without actually having them in the game directory? if not, would it be a posibility in later game updates?
(i know Rockstar aren't fond of updates though...)

Wich file types will we "sopported" to edit exactly?

salibaba
  • salibaba

[GL]Salibaba

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 06:25 PM

the gournga people are the most annoying on the planet, they hang around outside the buchanan galleries in Glasgow all the time, anytime I want to go down buchanan street or into virgin megastores I have to dodge them trying to sell me their bloody whale music, either that or those marketing people suicidal.gif who hang around in the afternoon. I say we should all send them to one of those resorts like centre parks or something to hug all the trees there and stop annoying me when im trying to get lunch!! sneaky2.gif

shadealorian
  • shadealorian

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 07:51 PM

* as far as mod support, will you be able to insert new models/skins without replaceing the and other mode/skin?

* I have heard that you put hints in the Game to the location, is there any in GTA:SA?

*will there be compatiblity to edit/add homemade bodies, rims ect.

*Also Have you coded the list of cars availible to modify(sp?), really deep so there is no chance to modify new cars with homemade parts?

davew2040
  • davew2040

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 08:12 PM

One other question: Will the user be able to configure separate controls for cars and helicopters and planes, or will they still all have to be the same layout?

oneeyedziggy
  • oneeyedziggy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 08:55 PM

-what cfg files will be available (eg car mod availability, handeling/physics, gang/ped stats)

-will we have the samn number/type of cheat codes as ps2? will they prevent 100% completion?

-a list of actual changes from ps2-pc/xbox (and/or between pc and xbox versions)

-a list of the buggs that have been fixed (Basketball, Gym & Pool Bugs/Glitches)

-what do we get in exchange for loosing the co-op? rampages?

-are the adrenalines originally listed in the brady game guide back?

-what filtering/rendering/light (and other techie stuff) will be included or has been added?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users