Photo

Unquestionable Truth

15 replies to this topic
Ping
  • Ping

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 May 2005 - 02:00 AM

I'm sure most here have endured the love/hate relationship with Limp Bizkit in the past. He'd make a rather well put-together song (see Break Stuff, Rollin [original, not the sh*tty remix with Redman]) and then the rest of his album would be filled with filler or sellout tracks.

I was surfing through amazon.com earlier today, and saw Limp Bizkit's newest LP. Not even knowing he had even released anything new, I checked it out, skeptically. I was pleasantly surprised.

It seems he's taken a new route with his music. And I like it. It's obvious to hear the new influences in his songs. Such as Propaganda, which has an obvious Rage feel to it. Then he lets loose with these crazy riffs partway through, almost a Metallica-esq attempt.

Other songs, such as the lighter riffed Truth, puts more emphasis on his vocals (or attempt at them).

It isn't great, but it isn't the usual crap that he's been putting out in the somewhat recent past. To be honest, if he continues with this feel, I think I could get back into buying his albums. But that's a big maybe.

Anyone else heard of/listened to Unquestionable Truth? I might be behind the curve a bit, but this is the first I've heard of it.

lesfleanut
  • lesfleanut

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 May 2005 - 02:06 AM

Fred Durst is a f*cking tool... I'm sure the band is good though, especially with wes being back and all. Then again, fred is still gonna be singing... So f*ck them.

Hurricane5
  • Hurricane5

Abgoosht Forever

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 02:32 AM

Wes Borland drove their past hits.

Haven't heard of their new LP, but I just might after you saying it is at least decent.

meth.
  • meth.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2005 - 12:20 PM

Fred is a douche but I still like their stuff as a whole. I knew they were working on new sh*t with Wes being back but I didn't know they released anything. I might check it out.

RoAcHcliP
  • RoAcHcliP

bong system

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 01:19 PM

Not much to add, Fred is a tit, but the band is talented. This album came out quite quickly after their last one notify.gif

Clown.
  • Clown.

Too Cool For An Avatar

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 02:59 PM

i used to like some of there stuff such as break stuff. after a while it seemed they were just filling their albums with sh*t. hotdog, for instance, was a pointless song which seems to have been made purely to contest for the title of 'most f*cks in a single song'.
after reading this i might 'aquire' their album.didn't fred hit eminem once? if he did he is my hero! tounge.gif

Witchking-J-F
  • Witchking-J-F

Ghetto Star

• The Precinct
  • None
  • Poetry Master [All Time]

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:10 PM

Have heard it at a friends house, he had got it because he thought it would be funny, he was right. It was a truly f*cking abysmal attempt at music, and I cannot comprehend how with all of the other music that there is to choose from anybody could even be remotely impressed with this pish.

Tongue of Colicab
  • Tongue of Colicab

629>1506

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:16 PM

They released a new album? Or is that different than an LP? But I might "buy" it. And by "buy" I mean wait for someone I know to get it and borrow it from them. Or maybe I would buy it. *The internal struggle* ph34r.gif

Guglielminpietro
  • Guglielminpietro

Undress for success.

• The Precinct

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (Tongue of Colicab @ May 10 2005, 18:16)
They released a new album? Or is that different than an LP? But I might "buy" it. And by "buy" I mean wait for someone I know to get it and borrow it from them. Or maybe I would buy it. *The internal struggle* ph34r.gif

You have a cartoon picture of their guitarist, yet you're debating whether to buy the album? I assumed you'd be a fan...

dozingoff.gif

Tongue of Colicab
  • Tongue of Colicab

629>1506

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:23 PM Edited by Tongue of Colicab, 10 May 2005 - 05:30 PM.

QUOTE (Guglielminpietro @ May 10 2005, 12:21)
QUOTE (Tongue of Colicab @ May 10 2005, 18:16)

You have a cartoon picture of their guitarist, yet you're debating whether to buy the album? I assumed you'd be a fan...

dozingoff.gif

Its because I have little money. confused.gif And because my interests are elsewhere right now.

Venom
  • Venom

Zpider-Man

• Zaibatsu
  • England

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:40 PM

I saw the album cover, looks cool. I also looked at the track list....only...7 songs is it? All similar titles, but i thnk it's cool. They seem to be playing something new, now that Wes has returned.

+ Anyone who has a hate for Fred....really is an arse...they have no reason to hate him...Just pisses me off.

lesfleanut
  • lesfleanut

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 May 2005 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (Venom @ May 10 2005, 12:40)
I saw the album cover, looks cool. I also looked at the track list....only...7 songs is it? All similar titles, but i thnk it's cool. They seem to be playing something new, now that Wes has returned.

+ Anyone who has a hate for Fred....really is an arse...they have no reason to hate him...Just pisses me off.

I hate him because he is an arrogant f*ck that has no musical talent. He's an ass and without an extremely talented backing band that he takes forgranted he would be nothing.

Ping
  • Ping

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (W - J - F @ May 10 2005, 10:10)
...I cannot comprehend how with all of the other music that there is to choose from anybody could even be remotely impressed with this pish.

Personal taste, maybe?

I've never liked Fred Durst as a person, but that isn't much of a statement. I don't listen to his music based on whether or not he banged Britney Spears or if he goes to church or not. What he does in his personal life is not only none of my business, but not something I exactly care about.

If I choose to listen to a song, it's because I like the sound of the music.

In retrospect, most of the bands we listen to, as people, are sh*t. The lead singer for ACDC not only did drugs and alchohol, but supposedly went both ways. Does that make his vocals any lesser?

This isn't exactly aimed at you, W-J-F. It's at people in general. It just frustrates the hell out of me when people say they don't like a band/artist because of who he/her/it is as a person. Some of that goes the same for the ICP topic a little ways down. The fact that they are fat and white put them on most people's bad side immediately, when it shouldn't of made a squirrels nut of a difference in the first place.

Am I sticking up for Fred Durst? If you're atleast remotely intelligent and capable of reading, you should be able to conclude the answer to that question as a "no". I'm just annoyed at the few ignorant and moronic posts I've read in this topic especially, and in a few others.

Witchking-J-F
  • Witchking-J-F

Ghetto Star

• The Precinct
  • None
  • Poetry Master [All Time]

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:47 PM

I was in no way talking about Fred Durst as a person, I don't care about him in the slightest. I was talking about the album, which appears to be made up of piss poor attempts to mimick the style of others, and nonsense lyrics from a man, who, let's face it, can barely sing a note.

Blakout420
  • Blakout420

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:54 PM

Fred Durst is a complete asshat, but I still think LB gets slammed too hard because of it. They're a lot better than they usually get credit for. Definately not amazing, mind you, but much better than most people would lead you to think (Their first two albums were very "Eh," a few good songs and a lot of sh*t, CSatHDFW [wierdest acronym ever] I really liked for some reason, apart from a few tracks, and RMV was thorougly "Meh."). Haven't heard much of the new album yet, but I've been wanting to at least give it a listen. I don't expect anything incredible, but I did hear the last bit of a song on the radio (didn't catch the name, just saw that it was from the new album) and it sounded pretty descent. I would buy the cd, but no stores around here carry it, so I guess I'm pretty much SOL. Not terribly dissapointing, but I'd still like to see what LB's been up to.

Boomshine Bubba
  • Boomshine Bubba

Join Us.

• Members

Posted 11 May 2005 - 01:20 PM

I got the album as an impulse buy. And I have to say I'm happy with it and it's definately worth the 8.99 I paid for it. I'm not a big fan of their old stuff, I like a few songs such as Break Stuff and Boiler. I hated Durst's whiny vocals on the hot dog album though.
There are definately influences on the album, mainly from Rage Against The Machine, but I don't see this as a bad thing at all. I'd rather have that than another rap/rock album with guest vocals from certain rappers.
At just under 30 minutes, the album is short. But it's definately not abysmal.
Just don't knock it until you've heard it, I think some of you will like it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users