Photo

Custom Radio Stations

17 replies to this topic
jlockhart89
  • jlockhart89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2005 - 03:12 PM

First of all sorry if this has been discussed already. I know that the PC GTA's have all had an MP3 radio station and i know San andreas will to. But will you be able to create more then one MP3 station so you have 2 stations carrying different types of music ex. 1 station is rock 1 is rap? thanks smile.gif

gtasanandreasmaster
  • gtasanandreasmaster

SAN ANDREAS !!!!!!!!!!&a

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2005 - 03:55 PM

just thought i would say that the the previous gta's on the pc never had an mp3 radio

Samutz
  • Samutz

if ($lol) { die(rofl()); }

• Members

Posted 08 May 2005 - 04:05 PM

@jlockhart89:
From the sounds of the info that has been released, there will only be one mp3 station.

@gtasanandreasmaster:
GTA3 and VC on PC did have MP3 stations.

scabo19
  • scabo19

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 May 2005 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (jlockhart89 @ May 8 2005, 15:12)
First of all sorry if this has been discussed already. I know that the PC GTA's have all had an MP3 radio station and i know San andreas will to. But will you be able to create more then one MP3 station so you have 2 stations carrying different types of music ex. 1 station is rock 1 is rap? thanks smile.gif

Wow someone else hu was thinkin like me.Thats exactly what i wanted from rockstar.If they created like 5 or 6 mp3 radio stations so u can push different genres of music each then that would be cool rahkstar2.gif

jlockhart89
  • jlockhart89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2005 - 05:49 PM

yes thats what i mean, it would make listening to music so much better if you have 50+ songs in the game to be able to swithc between genre when you feel like it

In reply to gtasanandreasmaster there was MP3 radio station in the previous PC games, there was a file in the main folder where you put the music

gtasanandreasmaster
  • gtasanandreasmaster

SAN ANDREAS !!!!!!!!!!&a

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2005 - 07:15 PM

@samutz
did they

in vice city they where .adf files corect me if i'm wrong but dat is not an editable mp3 file

jlockhart89
  • jlockhart89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2005 - 07:37 PM

im not talking about editing stations, in the directory the was an mp3 folder and you simply put your mp3 files in it and when you scroll through the stations an mp3 station is added

i'd like to see R* take it a step further and allow multiple folders open for radio stations

VC Hacker
  • VC Hacker

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 May 2005 - 07:39 PM

Since the radio stations are dynamic it might be possible to mod them. I'll try to add songs to the existing radio stations. I'm anxious to find out how these dynamic stations work. Then I could add the songs that were left out on Radio X.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 09 May 2005 - 02:09 AM

From what I understand the MP3 Station will be spliced with the actual radio announcers and commercials, whether that's done with a program that comes with the game or an option in the menus that let you choose what if you want the DJ banter and commercials between your MP3's.

It actually is already possible in both GTA3 and Vice to create more then one MP3 station but it requires a bit of modding and fiddling around so yeah its not for everyone but I just wanted to mention it is possible just tricky. As far as SA goes it seems to be only one but with teh dynamic radio feature we may get more or the ability to make more, more easily.

VC Hacker
  • VC Hacker

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 May 2005 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (gtasanandreasmaster @ May 8 2005, 14:15)
@samutz
did they

in vice city they where .adf files corect me if i'm wrong but dat is not an editable mp3 file

There is a program to convert between mp3 and adf files.

gtasanandreasmaster
  • gtasanandreasmaster

SAN ANDREAS !!!!!!!!!!&a

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 May 2005 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (VC Hacker @ May 9 2005, 16:35)
QUOTE (gtasanandreasmaster @ May 8 2005, 14:15)
@samutz
did they

There is a program to convert between mp3 and adf files.

yer i know i used it to make my own vice city radio's (look at my sig)
but what i thought the original poster ment was that in game u could just like replace a song on the radio whith another one not like some kind of mod i thought he ment like an option on the menu

2FacedJanus
  • 2FacedJanus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:19 PM

And while we're on the subject... what about xbox? will it still be as the previous gta's? That you can switch between soundtracks by holding the radio change button and pressing the corresponding buttons on the d-pad to get the right soundtrack?....

pulga_lp
  • pulga_lp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 May 2005 - 10:06 AM

yer i know i used it to make my own vice city radio's (look at my sig)
but what i thought the original poster ment was that in game u could just like replace a song on the radio whith another one not like some kind of mod i thought he ment like an option on the menu

First of all i want to say hi, this is my first post.

The original poster said that the gta 3 & vc have an mp3 radio station and he's right. If you look the folder where are all the stations you gonna find one called MP3 Station or something like that (i dont remember whatsthat.gif ) here you put an mp3 song and, in the game, a new radio station appears (called MP3).

Fatz
  • Fatz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 May 2005 - 04:35 PM

I also thought this idea would be cool, even if you could pick and choose the songs you want to keep in a specific station (genre) that's already there and add your own rap or rock...songs to those stations, that would be cool too. Of course then the announcers couldnt segway your mp3's like they do the existing songs, but they could still play.

It would be cool to be able to change your mp3's on the fly. I hope they'll at least be a next track key/button for mp3's.

jlockhart89
  • jlockhart89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 May 2005 - 05:14 AM

yah im not so much concerned about the announcer but t would be nice to have seperate genre stations.... ive been wondering this for about the last 2 months, only a month to go colgate.gif

ed209
  • ed209

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 May 2005 - 10:15 AM

I want aac support, does anyone know have any clue of how to add it? I don't think it'll be supported out of the box, so I want to know if any of you could figure out how to get it.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Godawful-Disturbed-Earl Root

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2005 - 08:07 AM

I bought the GTA3 game for my PC, never would fully install and at least one problem appears to me my lack of memory. I never upgraded to maximum anything on mine hehe

I think the idea of just putting some music on in the background is hella lot easier and it would allow for natural transitions. Not sure how they'd merge the prerecorded dialog/ads with your own soundtrack. I've never heard it. Anyone planning their own country-music selections? a'la K Rose?? hahaha

Bill

NTK
  • NTK

I bet i die more then you!

• Members

Posted 14 May 2005 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (gtasanandreasmaster @ May 8 2005, 19:15)
@samutz
did they

The folder was called MP3 put your songs in there and you're done

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users