» «
Photo

Eminem

9 replies to this topic
Real Gangster no. 14
  • Real Gangster no. 14

Captain Atomic

• Members

Posted 08 May 2005 - 02:59 PM Edited by Real Gangster no. 14, 08 May 2005 - 03:02 PM.

Hi guys...I am a new Eminem fan and I was wondering what his story is.

He seems to tell a lot to us with songs like "Mockingbird","Cleaning out my Closet" and "Kim"

but what really happened in his life?

So,basically what I can figure with these 3 songs is that his father left when he was a kid...His mother used be horrible to him and now uses him to make money.
Then he marries Kim,Has Haley. Kim has an affair (I don't know why he says she is in the news in Mockingbird) and they seperate and he lives on his own.

Bigs
  • Bigs

OG

• Members

Posted 08 May 2005 - 03:43 PM

Have you seen 8-Mile?

SloStenRacing
  • SloStenRacing

Crawlin' S-10

• Members

Posted 08 May 2005 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (Real Gangster no. 14 @ May 8 2005, 09:59)
Hi guys...I am a new Eminem fan and I was wondering what his story is.

He seems to tell a lot to us with songs like "Mockingbird","Cleaning out my Closet" and "Kim"

but what really happened in his life?

So,basically what I can figure with these 3 songs is that his father left when he was a kid...His mother used be horrible to him and now uses him to make money.
Then he marries Kim,Has Haley. Kim has an affair (I don't know why he says she is in the news in Mockingbird) and they seperate and he lives on his own.

No, WRONG. His dad leaves at an early age. His mother was a slut and the like not raising him well. I don't think she MAKES money off of him, he might give her some but she definately doesn't share in his wealth.

He married Kim and they had Hailie. I am pretty sure Kim cheated on him more than once but the reason she was in the news was for her Crack Addicition. [QUOTE=Straight from Mockingbird maybe you should LISTEN more closely next time before making retarded Papa was a rollin' stone, momma developed a habit
And it all happened too fast for either one of us to grab it
I'm just sorry you were there and had to witness it first hand[/quote] Somewhere before this time they adopted Kim's sister's kid Laney. She still lives in Detroit with the kids from what I understand and he obviously lives most of the time in LA where he records tracks.

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 08 May 2005 - 04:49 PM

Watch 8-Mile. That's pretty much the story.

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection

Posted 09 May 2005 - 12:33 AM Edited by SagaciousKJB, 09 May 2005 - 12:35 AM.

Well, he was originall born somewhere in Kansas, and moved to the wrong part of 8Mile Rd., being a white kid. I think he was 8 at the time, too.

His father had left him at some point along the line; I believe his father's excuse was his mother's obvious psychiatric problems.

The strong-male influence in Em's life from that point was his uncle Ronnie, who also god him into hip-hop. He got in a lot of fights living amongst the impoverished blacks in his neihborhood, but also gained respect and a few friends. His uncle Ronnie then commited suicide after problems with a girl.

He and Kim had a child, I don't know if they were married before or afterward, but some time in around 99-00 Em was outside of a club, and saw another man kiss her. He proceeded to pistol whip the man, and got some lovely assault charges.

He lost custody of Hallie, only to then regain custody shortly before stories of Kim's drug habbits started to hit the news.

So, that's a brief summary of major events in his life. Sorry, I use to be a big fan, so some of those might be wrong, but it's what I've read.

Oh, and commenting on the whole 8 Mile thing being his life, it was slightly different, but the atmosphere is really the story about how he made it into the business. In reality, though, Dr. Dre heard him on a radio show in Detroit, and called a meeting with him, and it took off from there.

Dublo 7
  • Dublo 7

Trying Your Luck

• Members

Posted 09 May 2005 - 05:41 AM

He started off with some decent sh*t, and is now a sh*tty pop icon. He is whats wrong with the music industry. True story.

Technical Difficulty
  • Technical Difficulty

Run for your life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 May 2005 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE (SagaciousKJB @ May 8 2005, 18:33)
Well, he was originall born somewhere in Kansas, and moved to the wrong part of 8Mile Rd., being a white kid. I think he was 8 at the time, too.

His father had left him at some point along the line; I believe his father's excuse was his mother's obvious psychiatric problems.

The strong-male influence in Em's life from that point was his uncle Ronnie, who also god him into hip-hop. He got in a lot of fights living amongst the impoverished blacks in his neihborhood, but also gained respect and a few friends. His uncle Ronnie then commited suicide after problems with a girl.

He and Kim had a child, I don't know if they were married before or afterward, but some time in around 99-00 Em was outside of a club, and saw another man kiss her. He proceeded to pistol whip the man, and got some lovely assault charges.

He lost custody of Hallie, only to then regain custody shortly before stories of Kim's drug habbits started to hit the news.

So, that's a brief summary of major events in his life. Sorry, I use to be a big fan, so some of those might be wrong, but it's what I've read.

Oh, and commenting on the whole 8 Mile thing being his life, it was slightly different, but the atmosphere is really the story about how he made it into the business. In reality, though, Dr. Dre heard him on a radio show in Detroit, and called a meeting with him, and it took off from there.

Pretty much says it. But like bigs & Forty said, watch 8 Mile. That pretty much showed what his life was like, living in the hood, growing up rough, watching people get shot, people getting beat etc etc.

just watch 8 Mile

Real Gangster no. 14
  • Real Gangster no. 14

Captain Atomic

• Members

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:02 PM

Whats the plot of "Like toy Soldiers"

I know it is something like a member of his crew is murdered as there is a kind of turf war.

Can someone explain what it really is???

Spidey.
  • Spidey.

Secret Wars

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE (Bigs @ May 8 2005, 11:43)
Have you seen 8-Mile?

That is NOT eminem's true story. Most of the sh*t in that movie is fake as hell.

Em is not from 8-mile rd. He just claimed that after he got out of the house when he was in his early to mid 20's or so. Eminem grew up in the detriot suburbs for a good half of his life. It was close to 8-mile. But he really wasn't in 8-mile.

Sag has some parts of the story right, but some of the hood parts are embelished a little.

I know it is something like a member of his crew is murdered as there is a kind of turf war.

It wasn't real. It never happend. It was just a music video.

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection

Posted 10 May 2005 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE (Spidey. @ May 9 2005, 22:45)
QUOTE (Bigs @ May 8 2005, 11:43)
Have you seen 8-Mile?

That is NOT eminem's true story. Most of the sh*t in that movie is fake as hell.

Em is not from 8-mile rd. He just claimed that after he got out of the house when he was in his early to mid 20's or so. Eminem grew up in the detriot suburbs for a good half of his life. It was close to 8-mile. But he really wasn't in 8-mile.

Sag has some parts of the story right, but some of the hood parts are embelished a little.

It wasn't real. It never happend. It was just a music video.

Well, an original member of D12 named Bugz was shot and killed, but it wasn't anything like a turf war. He squirted some asshole's girlfriend with a water-gun, so the asshole then proceeeded by shooting him in the face twice, and running him over.

Eminem was said to have lived on 7 Mile Rd. when I asked someone. He says it a number of times in some of his songs; but I don't even think there is a 7 Mile Rd. I believe the whole "8 Mile" is what separates the sub-urban area of Detroit, from the more impoverished one. In other words, white and black(that's not racist, it's just mostly true).

I once had someone from Detroit explain to me about the whole thing, but I forgot. The only thing I do remember, is there isn't really a "8 Mile Rd.", just a road, that's 8 miles long, that spans between the sub-urban and ghettos of Detroit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users