Photo

The Ultimate San Andreas Stunt Guide

154 replies to this topic
BlOoDStReAm101
  • BlOoDStReAm101

I am the night

• Members

Posted 11 June 2005 - 03:12 AM

srry ok im new here so go ez on me damn and Mxyzptlk did u lock my topic?

Barguast
  • Barguast

Thy next foe is...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 11 June 2005 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE (BlOoDStReAm101 @ Jun 11 2005, 04:12)
srry ok im new here so go ez on me damn and Mxyzptlk did u lock my topic?

No he didn't - your topic was locked since it had been answered and there was a topic about it elsewhere.

BlOoDStReAm101
  • BlOoDStReAm101

I am the night

• Members

Posted 11 June 2005 - 03:50 PM

o0 ok

DeVL1
  • DeVL1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 06:57 PM

Could someone tell me how to add nitro to a car, and how then to activate it?? TNX

DeVL1 cool.gif

sean "sweet" johnson
  • sean "sweet" johnson

Urban Stunt Syndicate member

• Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 11:48 PM

Put in the all cars have nitros cheat (or just go to a mod shop, put in 10x nitros) and press the shooting button «hollirific.»

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:30 PM

You can do a way better spin if you jump, push the analog sitck north-east and when you land press l1 (jump button) again its easy to make a 200-600 degrees spin this way

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:35 PM

Can someone please edit those PS2 buttons (lol) to general buttons (i.e. Horn button instead of L3 or Accelerate button instead of X) oooo ps2 byebye now we (xbox & pc) do the stuff! : (

sean "sweet" johnson
  • sean "sweet" johnson

• Members

Posted 18 June 2005 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (nlitement @ Jun 18 2005, 19:35)
Can someone please edit those PS2 buttons (lol) to general buttons (i.e. Horn button instead of L3 or Accelerate button instead of X) oooo ps2 byebye now we (xbox & pc) do the stuff! : (

I wouldn't say that dude, there are still going to be PS2 stunters out there, including me.

turtle dick
  • turtle dick

Turdhole

• Members

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:10 AM

And me angry.gif
Altough I'll probably get the Xbox and PC version too tounge.gif

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 19 June 2005 - 04:38 PM

WTF is L3 in PC/General?

NSX
  • NSX

Reality is the illusion caused by a shortage of alcohol

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:02 PM

I still don't get the grinding with bikes part. Sumone started a brand new forum, just for stunting, check it out at This site

Arthazzz
  • Arthazzz

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2005 - 05:25 PM

where can i find the nrg bike?

sean "sweet" johnson
  • sean "sweet" johnson

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 05:32 PM

look on javamap. TMS

joker125
  • joker125

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 07:35 PM

"tree-bumps" "secret?"
There are no secrets, and "tree climbing" has been around for some time. First time I did it in a vid was Vice city.

Here's another vid for the list
http://gamershell.com/news/22931.html

codec
http://www2.tw.freeb...tch/media/xvid/
koepi's.xvid-04102002-1.exe

gotups294
  • gotups294

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:53 PM

Joker your vid has some problems with it that prevent it from being a good example video. First of all its almost a half hour long, so the size is ginormous although it only took me 10min to download it dial people will need a day or 2. Then the stunts were highly repetitive some stunts were done atleast 5 times. not many stunts were landed. Many cheats/mods were implemented as well that made impossible stunts possible, big no no.

joker125
  • joker125

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:23 AM Edited by joker125, 06 July 2005 - 12:44 AM.

What's the deal with the BB-code?

"First of all its almost a half hour long"

I didn't plan on it being this big just happened, but I think it turned out ok so I don't care.

"so the size is ginormous although it only took me 10min to download it dial people will need a day or 2"

Some of the vids here are 100mbs so it's not as if someone on dialup is going to be downloading those either. I wasn't about to use a bad compression, quality is more important to me.

"Then the stunts were highly repetitive some stunts were done atleast 5 times."

I don't believe the same stunt from the same area was done more then 5 times, maybe couple with car/bike. Atlest 5 times, BS.

"not many stunts were landed"

More then 98% of the stunts were landed, that's far from not many.

"Many cheats/mods were implemented as well that made impossible stunts possible, big no no"

Not a single @* cheat was used. One mod(coffee) everything else was cfg editing. CFG editing is not cheating, course I guess it has to do with who you ask. It's clear that cfg editing is not game cheats.

I didn't know there was a standard to making stunt videos, who dreams up these standards to things like this? Or is it to post movies here? Hey, don't have to download it, don't like it then don't add it to the list, fine with me.

EDIT: By the way, it's easy to do a stunt once by mistake when the VCR is recording 6 hours worth of game play. It's alot harder, when record with fraps, when it drops your 25fps to 15 and wrights uncompressed vid files to the hdd. Making it more important to get that stunt right the first time. If you only do it once whos to say it wasn't a mistake, that the VCR just picked up over 6 hours of game-play?

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:37 AM

Wow, great guide cookie.gif But I reccomend using the SA Vehicle spawner by Jacob for easy Packer and bike access wink.gif
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=201807

TheRealMakaveli
  • TheRealMakaveli

Dat-Nigga-Marx

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 06:17 AM

this is an aight guide. ph34r.gif

sean "sweet" johnson
  • sean "sweet" johnson

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (joker125 @ Jul 6 2005, 00:23)
What's the deal with the BB-code?

"First of all its almost a half hour long"

I didn't plan on it being this big just happened, but I think it turned out ok so I don't care.

"so the size is ginormous although it only took me 10min to download it dial people will need a day or 2"

Some of the vids here are 100mbs so it's not as if someone on dialup is going to be downloading those either. I wasn't about to use a bad compression, quality is more important to me.

"Then the stunts were highly repetitive some stunts were done atleast 5 times."

I don't believe the same stunt from the same area was done more then 5 times, maybe couple with car/bike. Atlest 5 times, BS.

"not many stunts were landed"

More then 98% of the stunts were landed, that's far from not many.

"Many cheats/mods were implemented as well that made impossible stunts possible, big no no"

Not a single @* cheat was used. One mod(coffee) everything else was cfg editing. CFG editing is not cheating, course I guess it has to do with who you ask. It's clear that cfg editing is not game cheats.

I didn't know there was a standard to making stunt videos, who dreams up these standards to things like this? Or is it to post movies here? Hey, don't have to download it, don't like it then don't add it to the list, fine with me.

EDIT: By the way, it's easy to do a stunt once by mistake when the VCR is recording 6 hours worth of game play. It's alot harder, when record with fraps, when it drops your 25fps to 15 and wrights uncompressed vid files to the hdd. Making it more important to get that stunt right the first time. If you only do it once whos to say it wasn't a mistake, that the VCR just picked up over 6 hours of game-play?

dude, there is no way you can get 1124 distance without mods. and the stunts were boring, nearly put me to sleep. yawn.gif yawn.gif yawn.gif TMS

joker125
  • joker125

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 03:58 PM

"there is no way you can get 1124 distance without mods"
You ever edit anything, or do you just let everyone do it for you? A mod is more of something that someone does for you and you download and install. You can edit the handle.cfg file and do this, I don't like to call this moding because there are some moders that work hard on there mods, and cfg editing is easy.

"nearly put me to sleep"
Nice and you didn't even need a pill, you can't make everyone happy.

Kingjad
  • Kingjad

The laziest Scotsman

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (joker125 @ Jul 6 2005, 16:58)
"there is no way you can get 1124 distance without mods"
You ever edit anything, or do you just let everyone do it for you? A mod is more of something that someone does for you and you download and install. You can edit the handle.cfg file and do this, I don't like to call this moding because there are some moders that work hard on there mods, and cfg editing is easy.

joker, without having watched your video, let me guess what you've done: you've edited the vehicle(s) so you can stunt around easier, in faster cars and/or bikes. Basically, you have adjusted things so you can make your stunts look more impressive even though they really aren't because they are not the ORIGINAL vehicle specs.

Is that right or am I missing something?

gotups294
  • gotups294

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 05:21 PM Edited by gotups294, 06 July 2005 - 06:35 PM.

modifying the handling.cfg is very much frowned upon also. Every stunt with the zr-350 the handling was modified. Saying that you didnt cheat or use mods at the end is very misleading. Not landing a stunt is when you fall of the bike, roll the car, bail out of the car/bike. a 100mb file is not the same as 283mb file. And who cares if it took you 6 hours to do a stunt. You dont have to finish the stunt after 1 attempt. If you are having so many problems stunting on PC go to PS2. Please learn to take criticism better. You can take or leave what I say.

Im just curious if other people had this happen to them. The quality kept going from Pristine to thisThis

ok Guide has been updated

joker125
  • joker125

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 07:17 PM

"modifying the handling.cfg is very much frowned upon also."

Once again a standard, those of this board or of this topic or is there some club of frowners?

"and the stunts were boring"

Before I reply to this going to download and watch a few of the posted vids.
Alot of the stunts I did, I saw in the videos, so hard to say that. The 3 I watch came out great, they could have used a brightness filter at some parts. It's also clear that size is a major factor do to the compression.

"Saying that you didnt cheat or use mods at the end is very misleading."

Misleading, I don't see why. I didn't use game cheats, and on the same screen I put that I did the cfg editing. They are two different things. I never said I didn't use mods, I made the mistake of installing the coffee mod.
At the end of the Synergy video there's the Packer stuck in the street-train. I have used car spawner back in vice city, to know that most the time when this happens it's a spawner. Some people might call this cheating or misleading.

I know what "not landing a stunt" means, fact is just ABOUT all stunts were landed.

"100mb file is not the same as 283mb file"

Your right it's not, but if the talk is about dialup the odds are that Aohell is going to say goodbye before they get to the 100mb mark.

"6 hours to do a stunt""go to PS2"

Don't recall saying, but not the first time. If I had the money for a PS2 I would probably be on a better PC.

"Im just curious if other people had this happen to them. The quality kept going from Pristine to thisThis"

That's the codec.

"Please learn to take criticism better."

I'm willing to take criticism, I even thank you for it. I knew that when I posted what I did that there was going to be a hand-ful of it. But in turn would learn what I needed to be careful of next time.
:I agree that it was to long, becuase of this the size was to big. Was going to fix this just didn't have the time, must be nice having a crew. I will stay with the same compression just need to get an updated version of it.
:Agree to repetitive, (not alest 5) but still to often.
:Agree that some stunts were not landed. It's clear to me NOW that it's important that all land, because the crashes stand out more.

Only thing I don't agree on at all, is that there were cheats. Only cfg editing and that's the one thing I will be staying with. Other then this I learn from criticism, I might reply a little smart azz sometimes, but I don't mean to be disrespectful about it, and I'm greatful for it.

Kingjad
  • Kingjad

The laziest Scotsman

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 08:14 PM Edited by Kingjad, 06 July 2005 - 11:13 PM.

joker, you still don't get it. You're manipulating the game's originality in your own favour! Give me some of Buzzsaw's mind-bending bike tricks or some Banshee flippping-crazy action from gotups294 any day over someone who's been tweaking with the cfg file or whatevers on the handling of cars! angry.gif

EDIT: Whoa, that last line from me was a bit OTT! Still, ticks me off that people claim to rule so much AFTER they edit the handling of vehicles...

reddog12578
  • reddog12578

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 08:43 PM

This is my last reply I don't have time for this. Thx for the info, gotups294. There will be changes next time.

Criticism is one thing and being called a prick by some punk is another. Arseholes like me post that I did the cfg editing. Arseholes like me do it enough to the point that it can be seen.

How many arseholes tweak it just enough to help them and can't be seen as easy. Then say it never happened, because that's a true asshole.

gotups294
  • gotups294

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 July 2005 - 12:28 AM

added another 2 videos and tree bumps

Southern Finest
  • Southern Finest

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 12:00 PM

Not bad gotups, hopefully this gets more people into the stunting scene cool.gif

gotups294
  • gotups294

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 12:53 AM

yep thats what im trying to do.

cmbrip
  • cmbrip

Love Fist fan

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 03:59 AM

I'll try even i don't have 100%