Photo

Far Cry/Registry issue

5 replies to this topic
LushMoney
  • LushMoney

Resident Cannibal

• Members

Posted 07 May 2005 - 09:22 PM

A while ago I uninstalled Far Cry. I've decided that I want it back for more multiplayer, and I've been running into a few problems.

To make a long story short, the "Far Cry Patch 1.3" appears on my add/remove programs list. Upon trying to remove it, I get:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'Far Cry (Patch 1.3).msi' in the box below."

Blah blah blah, so basically it doesn't exist and yet it's still listed on add/remove programs. I've run into this problem before with another app, so I did the ol' "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Uninstall > delete the appropriate registry key," but it's not even listed. I've read through every Display Name of every key under Uninstall, multiple times, and it's not in there for sure.

So here's where I'm stuck. I can't figure out how to get rid of it. I believe it's preventing me from installing patch 1.3 and using multiplayer, but I won't get into that right now.

Help?

Luke2004
  • Luke2004

You wanna leave? k. gtfo.

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2005 - 11:41 PM

So you've had it installed before, but uninstalled it, now you want it back and it won't install?

LushMoney
  • LushMoney

Resident Cannibal

• Members

Posted 08 May 2005 - 03:00 AM

If you're talking about the patch, then yes. But what I'm trying to do first is remove it from my add/remove programs list, because it shouldn't be there (it's not installed currently).

magical_trevor
  • magical_trevor

Propaganda Inc.

• Members

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:43 AM

I'm pretty sure Spybot S&D can remove programs from the add/remove programs list..

In case you don't have spybot already- linkage

Atomic
  • Atomic

teh PC chat rapist....

• Members

Posted 08 May 2005 - 03:22 PM

Did you uninstall it before you just delete the folder?

Install it again,

Luke2004
  • Luke2004

You wanna leave? k. gtfo.

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (Atomic @ May 8 2005, 16:22)
Did you uninstall it before you just delete the folder?

Install it again,

yeah, but another way:
1. INSTALL
2. START > CONTROL PANEL > ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS > REMOVE IT.
that should make it disappear. Then you should be able to reinstall when you want.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users