Jump to content

» «

A simple question

3 replies to this topic
M. H. Hunter
  • M. H. Hunter

    Player Hater

  • Members
  • Joined: 07 May 2005


Posted 07 May 2005 - 08:33 PM

Now my question is rather simple here.

How can you change Coxial type-of cable into VGA.
kinda like i want to use one of my Tvs as a moniter, but i DON't want to use a tuner card.

Basically a little peice that changes a VGA cable so it's able to be pluged into my Tv.

Thanks in adavance. M. H. Hunter

  • Atomic

    teh PC chat rapist....

  • Members
  • Joined: 28 Apr 2003


Posted 07 May 2005 - 08:42 PM

Cant do that pal, have to use a tv tuner card. And there is really no reason not to.

  • Wolf68k

    always howling

  • Members
  • Joined: 12 Mar 2003
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Contributor [Technology] 2012


Posted 07 May 2005 - 09:21 PM

If all you want is the TV to display the computer's display like a monitor does.
Then yes and no.
If your video card has a TV Out, this is usually a S-Video connection, then Yes you can do it easily.

If you're using on-board video, which usually don't have a TV out port, then No you can't.

A TV Tuner card would be used if you want to capture TV to your computer and there for use your computer to watch or record TV.

  • Bond996


  • Members
  • Joined: 25 Mar 2003


Posted 07 May 2005 - 10:33 PM

For about $50 you can purchase a Video Modulator that will covnert VGA to Composite, or opposite.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users