Photo

c.j. you have been scheduled for termination

23 replies to this topic
T-808
  • T-808

Road Warrior mod until it's Done!

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2005 - 04:25 AM Edited by T-808, 14 May 2005 - 02:24 AM.

well i been wating on two things to happen to start posting on has not happened but the other has and now i feel it is a good time to start posting this mod's progress and show people what me and a few others have been working on in our off time.

this is not a complete and total convertion....sa 2025 is not going to happen on a map this large but what we are bringing to the table is an aray of the best characters,guns and vehicles from terminator 1,2 and 3 yes i said "and 3". we also have ideas for things that were not in the movies per say or i should say things not of this time but would work as "protoypes technology."

the crew so far consist of the following:

T-808: team leader and head modeler (vehicles,guns some characters)
grim : weapons
choofa:guns and hosting
quicksilver :gun
soul couragious,TripleAs:skinning

beta and tech crew:
still open
character modeling:
still open,t-808 for now.

with contributions from Klarnetist and carface aka bigfoot2003

mod chart

guns

t1 clot .45 long slide with laser sight - eagle
t1 pipe bombs - grenades

t2 m4 with silencer laser sight -m4
t2 grenade launcher -double barrled shotgun
t2 vulcan galting gun - gatling gun

t3 glock -micro uzi
t3 fire axe - bat
t3 rc size areil killer - rc baron

the rest are being worked out c.j.s getto fireing stance makes it hard to invision what other guns will replace what else.

vehicles

t1 chase bike - bf900
t1 chase truck - bobcat or that other truck with double tires in back
t1 tanker - tanker plus tanker fuel trailer

t2 john conners bike - sanchez
t2 arnie harley - freeway
t2 police car - los santos police car
t2 frighterliner wrecker - tow truck or line runner
t2 hk prototype tank - rhino
t2 hk prototype ariel - hydra or hunter
t2 police bike - police bikes

t3 blue chyanne - sadler
t3 police bike - gulwinesk bike
t3 fire truck - fire trucks
t3 hearse and sheered version - hearse

mod progress

guns:
t1 colt 45. long slide with laser sight 99% works in vice needs texture
t1 reese shotgun 98% needs string and texture
t1 ar 180b 99% needs texture
t1 pipe bomb

t2 phase plasma rifle 99% needs texture
t2 grenade launcher 99% needs texture
t2 m4 with laser sight and scope 99% needs texture
t2 winchster 1446 arnies shoygun 99% needd texture
t2 vulcan galting gun 0%

t3 glock 17c ? pending artists works
t3 heavy machine gun from cemetary 30%
t3 arnie combat shotgun 99% needs texture
t3 fire axe 50%
t3 grenade launcher 0%
t3 mini machineguns 0%

vehicles
t1 police crusier 0%
t1 chase bike 0%
t1 chase truck 0%
t1 tanker truck 0%

t2 frieghliner wrecker 30%
t2 john conner dirt bike 0%
t2 arnie harley 0%
t2 police bike 0%
t2 hk tank prototype 10%
t2 hk ariel protype 0%

t3 crane 45%
t3 police bike 0%
t3 rc areil hk 0%
t3 hearse 99% needs texture fix
t3 hearse sheered off top 99% needs texture

oyster replacement
t2 endo arm 99% needs texture

horse shoe repalcement
endo chip undamaged 99% needs texture

characters
c.j. termiantor 40%
tx 0% found perfect ped for red suit
tx navey suit 0%
tx novelty nude 0%
arnie or arnie like teminators 0%
t-100 0% found perfet cops and peds

pictures of the mod so far

guns

user posted image

side shot of ar 180b

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

t2 shotgun side

user posted image

side shot og t2 grenade launcher

heavey machine gun t3 front

isometric top side view of other side of machine gun

t1 pipe bomb

reese shotgun is a replica of the gta vice shotgun but not the actual thing i built it peice by peice

t3 shotgun side

frontish shot of t3 shotgun

oyster replacements

user posted image

arm going at you

back veiw aka bitch slap position

horse shoe replacemnet

user posted image

top view

vehicles

user posted image

trank tread start

sheered off t3 hearse back

sheered of t3 hearse front undamaged

t2 wrecker

side shot of carfaces donated t2 caprice

user posted image

user posted image

characters

c.j. terminator front

terminator c.j. side shot

t3 hearese orginal mesh by Klarnetist find his works at his works

also at t2 swat van is a swat van done by Spit811 & Pumbars pumbars has given his permission to use his truck in our mod but spit811 has not...if you know spit811 please talk to him for me he has not returned any of my e-mails. thank you.

also note this does not mean i have given up on the road warrior mod...just a second and probably my last big mod i'll do for sa something i just had to do.

choofa
  • choofa

Dance onn Cocaiin.. LSD.. XTC!!

• Members

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:07 PM

whaw, I didn't know you had this much done biggrin.gif nice, except with the c.j. terminator.. his head looks way too small for his body, I mean he looks like one of those doles with their head shrunk.. get my drift? :\

=Ch00fA=

soul_courageous
  • soul_courageous

My sig works TA

• Members

Posted 07 May 2005 - 05:24 PM

he he was woundering when this was gonna see the light of day great work so far.. cant wait ta start texturing some of these bad boys biggrin.gif

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2005 - 07:19 PM

well big big news...no the t2 tanks not done but almost just as good. spit811 has finaly emailed me and given me the okay to use the truck as well and as always they get the credit for their works so give it up for Spit811 & Pumbars t2 swat van thier work brings one more vehicle up ready for convertion. so thanks guys you work will serve this mod well in san andreas.

user posted image

user posted image

this will help for one peice i did not mention in the introduction....i'm looking at making a basic mock up of the cyberdine building for the mod.

if we had help i might even look into cyber reserch from t3 to replace one of the airports....but in a big way cyber dine would take less time and effort to get going then cyber research would. so one vehilce ready to roll and as soon as my master skinner has a little time the hearses will be ready too all they need is some pullet riddled skins authentic to the movie.

rebel_36
  • rebel_36

dot connectah

• Members

Posted 07 May 2005 - 07:53 PM

only 1 question, how are going to get the grenade launcher to work "properly"?

looks nice so far smile.gif

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2005 - 10:48 PM

@rebel that is a very good question and for which i only have a partial answer for.

i read on one site that it is possible to atleast edit the bullet casing that the guns spit out as for the bullets themselves my guess is they are all basicly the same which is where the small problem of amunition comes in as for as astetics are conserned (like my laser mod for the phase plasma rifle i belive if we edit one gusn bullet it will edit them all).

in a perfect world the sawed off shotgun would have it's own specail bullet mesh that could be replaced with the grenade cap that the grenade launcher shoots out in the movies and in real life.

that much in not yet adaptable so i am not sure how to work around the bullets asstetics yet. but as for the power that much is not as hard to do once a tool like steve-m's all in one edit tool comes out then it's a simple matter of amping up the bullets power to that of a grenade then when you fire a shot it would hit and make things explode like a grenade...but the bullet would not fall like the greande bullet would it will travel for now like a real bullet since bullet physics are not to my knowledge modable.

so short answer...we can make it fire simularly to the real thing by replacing the sawed off,we can make it explode like a grenade...we just can't make the bullet look and behave physicaly like a grenade bullet. least not yet .

but let me tell you as in the road warrior mod authenticity is at the top of the list...we'll do our best to make things work like they would in the movies. so good question hope this answer gives you and idea of how we'll try to do it.

choofa
  • choofa

Dance onn Cocaiin.. LSD.. XTC!!

• Members

Posted 08 May 2005 - 03:46 AM

This deffiantly isn't going to be as good as the rw mod but it is going to be close tounge.gif .

=Ch00fA=

rebel_36
  • rebel_36

dot connectah

• Members

Posted 08 May 2005 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (T-808 @ May 7 2005, 22:48)
so short answer...we can make it fire simularly to the real thing by replacing the sawed off,we can make it explode like a grenade...we just can't make the bullet look and behave physicaly like a grenade bullet. least not yet .

i doubt we will ever be able to, i guess sa is instant hit too except of the projectile guns of course (rocket launcher, nades...)

i only hope in sa we will be able to allow the player to hold a certain weapon model and let him shoot another one, or you could possibly just attatch the grenade launcher to a player model, then when the weapon is choosen the gam wouldnt switch the weapon model but the players model, then would use the buddyshot anim to throw nades or packet bombs even tho youd then still need some way to make the nades always being thrown at max range, otherwise itd feel kinda buggered..

anyways.. however you try it, gl with it wink.gif

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2005 - 05:27 PM

@rebel thanks for the well wishing we'll do our best si all i can ever say.

well since a few of you have told me that you liek the tank but want to see it more finished i am working hard on it while continuing my work on rw. so i got the full tank tracks laid out to form a base. here is the owrk we have done this far.

thread side 1

user posted image

full base

user posted image

once the middle between the tracks is done then it's jsut a matter of building up the body and head then it shoudl be ready to be damaged skined and ready to unleash temporal doom!!!

soul_courageous
  • soul_courageous

My sig works TA

• Members

Posted 08 May 2005 - 07:14 PM

looking gooooood.... cant wait ta get my hands on this.... better stop learning ta do rust n start learning ta do brand spanking shiny metal.... did ya notice how the terminators never got dirty or rusty???????

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:00 PM

well it took all night but i final got the base completley done as well as the turrents.

now i know what your thinking...somehting is a miss the colors of the turrent above don't match you current pictures...the carpets don't match the draips what are you trying to pull here?

nothing simple answer the origianl turret files got currupted and screwed up when i was first modeling this model so i lost a nights work so in truth once the base was done the rest of the night was compeltely starting to turrets over.

so this basicaly means now that the guns and the base are done i just need to build up the body,arms and head.

so here is my work so far....and never mind the odd light strema in the picture they won't be in the final model unless i can figure out how to incoporate them for night killing muahahahahahahaha.

user posted image

user posted image

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

Blue prints is for pussys!

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 May 2005 - 01:37 PM

looks damn cool!! we got to make the flying air craft too!! they are my favorit machines from skynet. and arnie to wink.gif

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2005 - 09:16 PM

thanks soul and grim and yes the ariel hk form termiantor 2 is next on the list for me to finish when down it will either replace the hunter or the hydra haven't decided which one hovers the best and would serve our evil..um i mean um good yeah good prurposes (good save t-808)

tonight i shold be bale to get mroe work done on the tank once she is finsihed and i get the dummys and final inspection done then we move onto the ariel hk....aslo doign the t3 version but much smaller doign it in the r.c. size to make zero's missions seem a little more liek skynet attack.

so more to come keep watchign true believers

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2005 - 01:13 AM

well some pretty good news for our character models. while i won't be addign his name to our porject for a long while now russifactor has told me that after he finsihes up with two projects he promised to make people for before i asked he would be willign to add it to his list around mid summer. which is fine cause alot of our models outside of the donated ones won't be ready till then anyways. so round then we shoudl have some aarnoldl iek terminators ready to go. on the tx front as i siad i have found a ped that will be operfect and take mimimal work to get her done gettign ehr workign in game will be a whole nother story but she will be done on the red suit as for the other two costumes it will be awhile and i will ahve to see if russifactor can do them after he does the arnoldish termiantors. so rejoice some good termiantors will go with these great vehilces.

Dr. Stupid
  • Dr. Stupid

Goodbye, little dream goodbye...

• Members

Posted 13 May 2005 - 06:45 AM

I have no experience with making mods, but here's a suggestion:
Maybe the Hunter could be replaced by the Aerial HKs
Aerial HK pic 1
Aerial HK Pic 2

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2005 - 02:00 PM Edited by T-808, 14 May 2005 - 02:23 AM.

well thanks dr.stupid (love your sig btw) for the pictures they should help when i finsih off the tank and thanks for the vote.

originaly i was going to do the hunter in vice city as an areil hk so i might stick to it in san andreas. thanks for the support on it seem the future
"prototypes" are quickly becoming hte most popular models. well good to heaar it all.

big anouncemnt people. TripleAs has joined the mod as a skinner and is also said he is good with buildings so i've sent him to fethc a copy of the t2 dvd and get shots not only for skinning with but also to help him get refs for cyberdine systems inc. building.

so he has low free time like most of us but thsi will help lighten the load on soul's shoulders. so welcome abord TripleAs.

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:06 PM

well liek with the road warrior i'm doign some cath up here too the herase(s) both sheered and un sheered form t3 are being skinned as they need only minor adjustments to their txd maps. t2 tank head almsot done body and arms are next.

EricDraven_GTACrow
  • EricDraven_GTACrow

Jesus Christ Poltergeist

• Members

Posted 18 May 2005 - 02:18 PM

This is looking good so far, I always saw alot in SA that would be good for a Terminator mod, but I'm only a skinner and wouldnt beable to do it myself. I'd join but you already got some guys and i havent had a lot of time for the comp, and i cant play games on my comp (its f*cked up) so i cant help. Maybe somewhere down the road, cant wait to see the rest.

keep up the awesome work.

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 18 May 2005 - 02:41 PM

Dont want to offend anyone ,but expect for the M4 (of the shown weapons only,cant comment on the others yet), the Weapons all suck detail and shapewise

soul_courageous
  • soul_courageous

My sig works TA

• Members

Posted 18 May 2005 - 03:06 PM

hmmm there LOW POLY and untextured so why dont you shut ya pie hole n wait till the final versions..

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2005 - 03:09 PM

oh so sorry that low polly offends you oh great gun master.

but if you import some of vice citys weapons you will see that our shape is quite accurate for the weapons we are using so far yes without skins they are unimpressive but a goal of the mod is not ot choak the game up with too many high poly models.

besides don't make me post my killzone rifle again i don't need to post high poly work to prove that i can model with the best of them.

but at the same time i will look at how much san andreas pc bumps up the poly on their gun models if it's more then we up the weapons counts as needed but when it comes to models less is more espcaily when you have a good skinner on your side.

well b.s. ego crap aside the phase plasma rifle will be back in full higher poly detail
thanks to TripleAs determination to skin the orignal model i released for vice city that had no skin on it and tanked a bit because of the no skin thing (great example of a great high poly weapon that didn't do so well in the market despite being movie accurate...skins do make a difference.)

anyways more work on the t2 tank but still havign some troubles on some details of the head more when i have shots of it.

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 18 May 2005 - 03:30 PM

hmmm there LOW POLY and untextured so why dont you shut ya pie hole n wait till the final versions..

Normaly I'm ignoring such childish posts,but in this case,I'm doing it aswell devil.gif

@T808
They might look accurate compared to VC weapons but if you compare them to the real stuff, blocks arent anyway near accurate.
I'm not saying that you should only do über-highpoly models with 50k Polys or something but a good 1500-3000 Count is something more then ok and would rarely crash a machine and most people downloading such mods also once had such 40k Poly cars (that btw look ugly because this über-highpolycrap kinda doesnt fit GTAVC without that blurry textures and with them you wouldnt see the detail anyway tounge.gif )
and know that it didnt lag,so why should a 2000poly gun ?
I'm also not saying that you cant model "higher poly" (what I do isnt even half way highpoly,maybe just highpoly-wastage cause I'm never optimizing but anyway,thats not the point tounge.gif ) but you should actually try it, as such lowpoly crap just sux, with and without textures and a 512x512 texture might be ok ,but it wont help the model a lot and 1024x1024 texture would lag the game more then 50 10k rifles wink.gif

soul_courageous
  • soul_courageous

My sig works TA

• Members

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:16 PM

childish.... why thank you most ppl call me an old git lol...... well anyways I dont see the point in arguing over summut as daft as this, ive got my hands full with these cars.

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:34 PM

okay i respect you work there SV so i'm going to try to make this as clear as i can.

we have alot of vehicles and alot of people to make and do (a few higheer poly weaposn might not chaok up the works but adding in cars and the higher poly models we will be doing and you get alot more then what the game was made for.)

also at gta scale unless you palying on a big screen plasma tv via s video out on your graphics card high poly tends to be a bit mutted without a skin to back it up...i never released my very well done 40 some k killzone rifle because i didn't have a good skin to back it up but it work well as both the shotgun and an assult rifle. the detail just was not that impressive at that scale in-game.

i have nothing against higher poly models and as i said i might do some reworking once sa hits and i see what their guns are like..but being a little poly economic can only help imporve graphics especaily for people who don't have 300 dollars for a new graphics card and like me would likely have to run it off the bare min specs which include a 64 mb graphics cards.

but anyways this is turning into an argument about nothing and i'll just stop it here by agreeing to disagree with you....their not the pretties models now but without a skin many things don't look so pretty this is not a case of putting a pig in a prom dress.

and souls comment were not so childish so much as he was suprised that someone who makes weapons packs would not understand the need for polly economics espceialy for a total convertion mod for a game that litterly has the map runnning for 3 cities all at the same time (almost no load times)

oh and bunch of boxes...not all i do is boxes the scoped for the t1 pistols ,jsut for example,is a tube there buddy and some of those "boxes" have 5 side if you were actualy looking at all the models that is (which anyone who uses max knows is impossible to do as boxes can only expand by 2's) i use more the boxes and tubes for my style of modeling.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users