Photo

Slow Loading Textures

31 replies to this topic
salibaba
  • salibaba

[GL]Salibaba

• Members

Posted 24 May 2005 - 11:06 AM

there is one thing wrong with the fix, it does not work with GTA3, need some1 else to confirm this for me.
Im running vc with a no-cd cos I left my discs around and theyre f*cked now, Ive got usable backups on other cds but I dont wanna do the same to them. Now my bro has done the same to my play disc for GTA3, it has a small crack in it and one of the files is unreadable, CLASS.WAV the classical radio station, the game does not load. So im using a nocd for gta3 too, using another station I copied and renamed to class.wav, when I try to start the game in compatability mode the game asks for the disc, I put it in and it just keeps trying to read the knackered disc. can someone with GTA3 test this with the origional gta3.exe and the disc

PS im using VC1.1 nocd and GTA3 1.1 nocd oh and mods plz dont ban me for this, I have to do this a. its eaier to not hunt for your CDs and b. I havnt got the money to go buy new discs( I support buying games legitimatly). Ill even post photos/scans of my origional discs and the damage to them to prove it.

QJimbo
  • QJimbo

With DMA/R* from the beginning :)

• Members

Posted 24 May 2005 - 01:56 PM

Hey cool fixes guys, the compatibility one didn't seem to work with Myriad Islands for some reason, but the streaming memory increase definatly helped. Anyway back to GTA:SA I wonder if they've fixed the car spawning distance/radius, it's quite noticeable in GTA3 and GTA:VC when traffic spawns in front of you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users