vehicle spawning distance...

7 replies to this topic
nushu
  • nushu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:32 PM

Hi ,

I dint find any topic on this subject , so , is anyone besides me (and a friend) bothered by the distance at wich the cars spawn in front of you ? Does anyone have any ideea if this is the case with SA PC ? This was a problem with GTA3 and VC (and is independent of the draw distance). If they didn't fix this in SA there must be someone than can find this parameter (wich in previous games i think was hardcoded).

Barguast
  • Barguast

Thy next foe is...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:43 PM

This screenshot implies that the vehicle spawning distance has been increased somewhat:

user posted image

I'm no modder, but from what I've heard Rockstar have hardcoded a lot less than in previous versions which could potentially make it much easier to modify parameters such as draw distance, as well as other things such as the number of pedestrians, density of traffic, etc.

HotCoffeeDude
  • HotCoffeeDude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2005 - 01:48 PM

Only thing that ever bothered my about Vice PC (and the original GTA3) was the spawn distance of objects/people behind you or out of your sight. That looking around quickly (or repeatedly looking behind you) could cause objects that had already spawned to disappear was a little disconcerting at first.

But I'm not sure that's not part of the magic that makes things like the GTA title possible. I'd love to be able to play with the numbers and see what was possible with high end equipment. I hope we can tweak that.

murph_fan51
  • murph_fan51

GTA:SA PC- 7.6.05

• Members

Posted 06 May 2005 - 09:25 AM

I think it will be a lot further, but when i was playing the ps2 version for 20mins or so, i noticed they dissapear behind you..

Hugef1
  • Hugef1

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 May 2005 - 11:10 AM

I used to hate that in VC. you'd be blasting down the road
on a pcj and suddenly a car spawned right in front of you, normally it was
a police car, so you'd get an instant wanted level.

GTAKhaoZ
  • GTAKhaoZ

C'mon SA:PC! Now to get a better PC...

• Members

Posted 06 May 2005 - 02:07 PM

Yeah but was that on the PS2 or the PC? I can understand that happening on the PS2 version, but I never had that problem on the PC, even when cutting through traffic on a PCJ.

Killer_Waffle
  • Killer_Waffle

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 May 2005 - 02:49 PM

sometimes it would happen on the pc version too, not only on the ps2 one
same with buildings, some textures would disappear & reappear at random..
but sa looks better, now let's see it in action in a trailer allready tounge.gif
i hope the roads will also be a little more populated then the ps2 version,
at times there's not a single car on the road for quite a long time...

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE (GTAKhaoZ @ May 6 2005, 23:37)
Yeah but was that on the PS2 or the PC? I can understand that happening on the PS2 version, but I never had that problem on the PC, even when cutting through traffic on a PCJ.

It happens on both versions since the game has a very limited spawning and view distance system because of its PS2 first nature.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users