Photo

any sniper rocks in Battlefield: 1942?

5 replies to this topic
memento27oasis
  • memento27oasis

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 May 2005 - 04:45 AM

Remember Sniper Rock from the Blood Gulch multiplayer map in Halo? Well, are there any cool places that are tough to reach in Battlefield? I remember messing around for countless hours trying to cool sh*t in Halo, and Battlefield is so big there must be a hellova lot a stuff to find out. Maybe there's a good site for cool glitches and crap, I don't know. You guys know of any?

Macintire Sniper
  • Macintire Sniper

irRashonel

• Members

Posted 05 May 2005 - 05:23 AM

Well i havent played anything else but TDM Omaha Beach for the last 2 years, so theres plenty of spots there. Depends which map your interested in really, would help if you listed which ones.

memento27oasis
  • memento27oasis

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 May 2005 - 02:27 PM

I play lots of Guadalcanal and the Phillipine Islands. But whenever people scan over you, they see your players name. So I named my battlefield guy, " ' ", an apostraphe, ' , just that little dash, so it's harder for them to see me. I'm known as "the apostraphe guy". lol

Macintire Sniper
  • Macintire Sniper

irRashonel

• Members

Posted 05 May 2005 - 06:47 PM

Whenever people join with a name like that on the server i admin, i kick 'em for it..such a lame tactic dude. And PI and GC for sniping? jesus, you need to be on a map like Battleaxe if your looking for perfect sniper spots.

memento27oasis
  • memento27oasis

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 May 2005 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (Macintire Sniper @ May 5 2005, 11:47)
Whenever people join with a name like that on the server i admin, i kick 'em for it..such a lame tactic dude.

I see it as a tactic, not cheating or being cheap. If you were in war, would you want a 3 foot long bringt red lit title naming yourself, destroying your cover from under a bush? The game is the same way. It becomes too arcadey with so many names running around over dudes. If everyone had an apostrophe then the game would be much better. oh well. that's just me. I don't see why other people online don't do it too. Everyone has these retarded titles like: .:.(Ki!!3rs).:. and <GKJ><.;famid;.> I'd boot those bastards if I were you.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2005 - 10:50 PM

Ok first you can not compare BF42 to real life in any way, as far as the fighting goes, because BF42 is not meant to be realistic.
So far your name thing, you're using a "cheat" of sorts and it is a cheap tactic, just like grenade spamming and setting TNT around the flag while playing CTF....that's just to name a few cheap lame tactics that F'tards like to use.

As for using map glitches, getting some place that was not intended for someone to be able to get to and use it to make kills while not being seen or able to get hit. This to is thought of as cheating and on most servers you will get banned and some admins will using PB to ban you which mean it'll be even harder for you to get back to that server ever again.

The names you mention that you think are stupid:
I don't see a problem over all with Ki!!3rs other than using ! for L and using 3 for e.
<GKJ><.;famid;.> I'm not sure if you mean that as 2 different names or if <GKJ> is meant to be a clan tag. As for the rest of it, "famid", either I'm not seeing the problem or I'm stupid...atleast it's a name.
I've seen a guy using the name: ########
True nothing to pernounce, but atleast it's not some cheap a** BS using using a single small character, and I just called him "Number Guy" when I had to use the chat to talk to him.

Any good snipers doesn't camp the same spot over and over again for each and every shot. You get off a few, hit or miss, then you move on. I've found many snipers and knifed them because I was able to track the direction of their shots by the sound coming from the same place each time.
I even set some TNT once in a some what known hiding spot of snipers on El Alamein. He was that and took a shot and missed someone. I switched the plungers and triggers it. Up, up , up he went flying oh so high, but didn't life to tell the tale.

Good snipers (in BF42) are good enough know how to play the game without resorting to a glitch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users